Southern USA
✟77,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Psalm 89:29-36 29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven. 30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; 31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; 32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. 33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. 34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. 35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. 36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.

There are a lot of people who mock this biblical fact of sinning and only being punished on this Earth by God, but not losing your salvation, but this is what the bible says. They mock and say "so I can live however I want and still go to heaven but just temporarily punished on this Earth?" Yes that's what clear bible says. Salvation isn't based on keeping commandments, salvation is based on Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ 100% for salvation, not your own works.

Titus 1:2 “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;”

1 John 2:25 “And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.”

Now that doesn't mean we should live that wicked life because God will chasten us possibly take us home early if we break his comandments. but he will not take away your salvation, once you are born in his family, you are his forever. eternal life. John 5:24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

Romans 8:38-39 “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟113,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 89:29-36 29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven. 30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments; 31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; 32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. 33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail. 34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. 35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David. 36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.

There are a lot of people who mock this biblical fact of sinning and only being punished on this Earth by God, but not losing your salvation, but this is what the bible says. They mock and say "so I can live however I want and still go to heaven but just temporarily punished on this Earth?" Yes that's what clear bible says. Salvation isn't based on keeping commandments, salvation is based on Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ 100% for salvation, not your own works.

Titus 1:2 “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;”

1 John 2:25 “And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.”

Now that doesn't mean we should live that wicked life because God will chasten us possibly take us home early if we break his comandments. but he will not take away your salvation, once you are born in his family, you are his forever. eternal life. John 5:24 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

Romans 8:38-39 “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Well, I am not really gonna partake in the controversial Christianity subforum as I prefer less controversial stuff, but I will say this: Romans 8:38-39 is used in my Bible study on 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. Jesus will save us Christians, regardless of any reckless action we do, barring homicide, of another person(s) or ourselves. Also, I have no idea what Temporal Chastisement is, but it sounds like a good name for an indie/pop punk band. Well, temporal means time, and chastisement means punishment.

1714527713576.png

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟77,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, I am not really gonna partake in the controversial Christianity subforum as I prefer less controversial stuff, but I will say this: Romans 8:38-39 is used in my Bible study on 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. Jesus will save us Christians, regardless of any reckless action we do, barring homicide, of another person(s) or ourselves. Also, I have no idea what Temporal Chastisement is, but it sounds like a good name for an indie/pop punk band. Well, temporal means time, and chastisement means punishment.

View attachment 346915
Temporal Chastisement means God will punish us on this Earth when we sin, there will be consequences in this life when we break Gods commands. Just like there are punishments when we break our earthly Fathers commands, however he doesn't kick you out of the family, say you're not my son anymore. If you're saved born again faith alone believer in Jesus, then God the Father will not utterly forsake you, take away your salvation. You are still his child. This is opposed to the eternal damnation that unbelievers receive. which is why I make the difference and say Temporal Chastisement so nobody is confused.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟113,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Temporal Chastisement means God will punish us on this Earth when we sin, there will be consequences in this life when we break Gods commands. Just like there are punishments when we break our earthly Fathers commands, however he doesn't kick you out of the family, say you're not my son anymore. If you're saved born again faith alone believer in Jesus, then God the Father will not utterly forsake you, take away your salvation. You are still his child. This is opposed to the eternal damnation that unbelievers receive. which is why I make the difference and say Temporal Chastisement so nobody is confused.
Yeah, there are consequences. For instance, the perverted movie producer, Harvey Weinstein is currently ill: Disgraced former Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein hospitalized

• Agree
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟998,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jeremiah 13:10-11
(10) This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.
(11) For as the girdle cleaveth to the loins of a man, so have I caused to cleave unto me the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah, saith the LORD; that they might be unto me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory: but they would not hear.
Jeremiah 13:12-15
(12) Therefore thou shalt speak unto them this word; Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Every bottle shall be filled with wine: and they shall say unto thee, Do we not certainly know that every bottle shall be filled with wine?
(13) Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness.
(14) And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
Matthew 7:21-24
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Romans 1:24
(24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Romans 1:26
(26) For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Romans 1:28
(28) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟77,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Jeremiah 13:10-11
(10) This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.
(11) For as the girdle cleaveth to the loins of a man, so have I caused to cleave unto me the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah, saith the LORD; that they might be unto me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory: but they would not hear.
Jeremiah 13:12-15
(12) Therefore thou shalt speak unto them this word; Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Every bottle shall be filled with wine: and they shall say unto thee, Do we not certainly know that every bottle shall be filled with wine?
(13) Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness.
(14) And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
Matthew 7:21-24
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Romans 1:24
(24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Romans 1:26
(26) For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Romans 1:28
(28) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
and none of those verses refute eternal security. John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟998,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and none of those verses refute eternal security. John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
One out-of-context vs. does NOT support salvation for all mankind, saved and wicked alike. See e.g. Jer 13;(14) And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD:[יהוה] I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟77,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
One out-of-context vs. does NOT support salvation for all mankind, saved and wicked alike. See e.g. Jer 13;(14) And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
wow. what a wicked statement. no John 10:28 is not out of context.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟998,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everybody is NOT in Jesus' hand now and there is no scripture which says they are or will be. Read what Jesus, Himself said.
Matthew 7:21-23
When Jesus says never He does not mean some day by and by.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟998,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
wow. what a wicked statement. no John 10:28 is not out of context.
It most certainly is. John 10:28 does NOT refer to all mankind!
John 10:27-29
(27) My sheep hear my voice, and I know them,*and they* follow me: [* Jesus' sheep not all mankind]
(28) And I give unto them* eternal life; and they* shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them* out of my hand.[*Jesus sheep vs. 27, not all mankind]
(29) My Father, which gave them* me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them* out of my Father's hand. [*Jesus sheep vs. 27, not all mankind]
vs, 27 who hears the voice of Jesus? All mankind or only "his sheep?"
vs. 28 to whom does Jesus give eternal life, all mankind or only His sheep vs. 28?
vs. 29 no man is able to pluck whom out of jesus' hand? All mankind or only Jesus' sheep vs. 27?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums