Status
Not open for further replies.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟340,720.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Just what do you think Mainline Protestants are doing in their churches? Orgies on the altars? How exactly does having gay people in the church "corrupt" it? The Church's mission is to preach the Good News of God's love and mercy, that is the Gospel. It's not to police peoples bedrooms. A person's private sex life, as long as it isn't violating a previous covenanted relationship (ie, adultery), is between them and God alone, and the Church has no authority to interfere with that, as a matter of individual conscience.
Your boasting is not good. Don’t you know the saying, “It takes only a little hametz to leaven a whole batch of dough?” Get rid of the old hametz, so that you can be a new batch of dough, because in reality you are unleavened. For our Pesach lamb, the Messiah, has been sacrificed. So let us celebrate the Seder not with leftover hametz, the hametz of wickedness and evil, but with the matzah of purity and truth. In my earlier letter I wrote you not to associate with people who engage in sexual immorality. I didn’t mean the sexually immoral people outside your community, or the greedy, or the thieves or the idol-worshippers — for then you would have to leave the world altogether! No, what I wrote you was not to associate with anyone who is supposedly a brother but who also engages in sexual immorality, is greedy, worships idols, is abusive, gets drunk or steals. With such a person you shouldn’t even eat! For what business is it of mine to judge outsiders? Isn’t it those who are part of the community that you should be judging? God will judge those who are outside. Just expel the evildoer from among yourselves.
Bible Gateway passage: 1 Corinthians 5:6, 1 Corinthians 5:7, 1 Corinthians 5:8, 1 Corinthians 5:9, 1 Corinthians 5:10, 1 Corinthians 5:11, 1 Corinthians 5:12, 1 Corinthians 5:13 - Complete Jewish Bible

Pay very close attention to the distinction Paul makes between believer and unbeliever. We judge those WITHIN the church who claim to be brothers in Christ. Those outside the church are already condemned and judged. We have the responsibility to judge those within the Church. And in the case of allowing and promoting the sin of homosexuality to be part of the clergy is sin of the highest order. How can a person living in sin and who rejects the gospel rightly divide the word of truth? No they should be removed from the church if they claim to be part of the Church. If you don't belive that then you don't believe in God's word and are following a false doctrine.

The unbeliever, no matter who they are should be welcome. Because they can't help themselves and need the message of the gospel that Christ came to seek and save those who are lost. And that message cannot be shared by those who are still in rebellion against the gospel.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟784,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON

This thread is now closed permanently. Some posts stray into promotion of homosexuality, others stray into the morality of homosexuality and there is general flaming of groups.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.