The U.S. crime rate is still dropping, FBI data shows. Q4 2023 had 13% drop in murder, 6% drop in violent crime

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟27,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why would the crime not be recorded?

If you report your store was robbed, that's a crime, whether or not a suspect is ever identified, much less charged.
Why would the crime not be recorded?

If you report your store was robbed, that's a crime, whether or not a suspect is ever identified, much less charged.
Yeah. I was too brief. I mean when crime is not reported because they know the police are not going to do anything about it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm thinking about minor crimes that are no longer reported. Like shoplifting.
Most agencies don't think shoplifting is a violent crime. However...

1712015982674.png

Attachments

• 1712015947766.png
    1712015947766.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟761,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The gist of this thread is that all of the concerns of crime are “MAGA” hysteria. It is to lecture down these concerns the liberal political agenda. Many people feel that things are not so good but this must “MAGA” hysteria. Examples given of concerns are usually countered with that these are localized and not the national trend or vice versa.

So, to post an example of increased subway crime in NYC which the governor has posted National Guard troops, the “reasonable” response will be that this is hysteria. Here are reports of increased subway crimes:

The latest law enforcement efforts are being undertaken by dem politicians. Apparently, previous efforts must be falling short somewhere.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, to post an example of increased subway crime in NYC which the governor has posted National Guard troops, the “reasonable” response will be that this is hysteria. Here are reports of increased subway crimes:
It's amusing that the response is "THEY ARE LYING!!!" when reports show crime is down, but "See, I told you so!" When reports show particular place has an increase in crime. It's very obvious what's going on.

NYPD Announces January 2024 Citywide Crime Statistics

February 6, 2024
Ongoing reductions achieved in shootings, homicides, vehicle thefts, other major crimes
Continued declines across most major crime categories prevailed during January
2024, compared to the first month of last year, and included substantial drops in murder, rape, burglary, and felony assault. And for the second month in a row, the number of vehicles stolen in New York City was reduced by at least 3.8% (1,178 vs. 1,224).
Overall index crime dipped 2.9% citywide in January compared to the same month in 2023, more than reversing the slight increase experienced in December. In January, the category of murder decreased by 25% (27 vs. 36); rape by 24.4% (102 vs. 135); burglary by 19.8% (1,065 vs. 1,328); grand larceny auto by 3.8% (1,178 vs. 1,224); and felony assault by 1.5% (2,068 vs. 2,100). Arrests for all major index crimes citywide increased 5.7% (4,676 vs. 4,422) in January compared to the same time period a year ago.

I know: "THE POLICE ARE LYING TOO!!!"

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Seems hard to believe. Crime rate seems extremely high to me or maybe it's just here being we have a border?
One of the weird things is that crime rates are lower along the border, because there is a higher percentage of illegal aliens there.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The latest law enforcement efforts are being undertaken by dem politicians.
Especially in New York, Georgia, and Florida. They caught a habitual criminal.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
One of the weird things is that crime rates are lower along the border, because there is a higher percentage of illegal aliens there.
That makes no sense.
It does if you know how that works:

Illegal aliens more law-abiding than native-born Americans

The researchers repeated their crime-rate analysis with subtle shifts in data — using convictions instead of arrests, misdemeanors in addition to felonies, size estimates of undocumented immigrant populations from both the Pew Research Center and the Center for Migration Studies.

The much lower crime rates for undocumented immigrants remained in each case, results Light thinks should be useful in immigration policymaking.

“The conversation about undocumented immigration should be informed by the best empirical evidence,” he says. “If somebody says we know undocumented immigrants increase the crime rate, well, I’d say the weight of evidence is not in their favor.”

Texas is one of the states that keeps track of such things. Here's their findings:

crime-rates-chart-500x408.png

Always check what politicians say. As in this case, a lot of them are lying to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A land owner near the border is up on murder charges for shooting a alien trespasser.
If it was in Texas, that would be odd. State law allows you to use lethal force to protect your property. Unless the alien was just walking through unposted land, without threatening his life or property, that is.

• Useful
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Need more cameras. More ring doorbells, and more surveillance even inside the house, to get these numbers top drop even more.
That helps a little. Hard to get car licenses of intruders parked in front of your house.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟359,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If it was in Texas, that would be odd. State law allows you to use lethal force to protect your property. Unless the alien was just walking through unposted land, without threatening his life or property, that is.
Maybe, have they had a verdict yet. I think they're supposed to have it on live court.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Every gardener truck in Los Angeles drives under the speed limit.

(curse them)

• Haha
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe, have they had a verdict yet. I think they're supposed to have it on live court.
You can't just shoot someone for walking on unposted property. That might be the issue.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Trespassing if it's posted?
That's a little more nuanced. The law says that a person in Texas can use lethal force to defend life or property. So he'd have to make a case that the victim was threatening his life or his property in some manner, or at least that he had good reason to believe so.

Entering posted land is a crime, so there is that. Not necessarily enough to kill someone, I think.

Once a had a secretary who, while in college, needed a battery for her car. A friend said, "no problem, I'll get you one." He was stealing a battery from a parked car late at night when the owner shot him dead. Police didn't do anything but call an ambulance to take the kid away. No consequences for the shooter.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟359,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's a little more nuanced. The law says that a person in Texas can use lethal force to defend life or property. So he'd have to make a case that the victim was threatening his life or his property in some manner, or at least that he had good reason to believe so.

Entering posted land is a crime, so there is that. Not necessarily enough to kill someone, I think.

Once a had a secretary who, while in college, needed a battery for her car. A friend said, "no problem, I'll get you one." He was stealing a battery from a parked car late at night when the owner shot him dead. Police didn't do anything but call an ambulance to take the kid away. No consequences for the shooter.
I believe it was a group and he felt threatened by them but i will be watching court tv soon and i will let you know if they have answers.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe it was a group and he felt threatened by them but i will be watching court tv soon and i will let you know if they have answers.
That would make it more justifiable, especially if it could be shown that they were acting hostile towards him. Edit: people often say that if the intruder has an arm inside your house, you can kill him, but I don't know if that's true or not.

Upvote 0