The U.S. crime rate is still dropping, FBI data shows. Q4 2023 had 13% drop in murder, 6% drop in violent crime

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, that's how democratic lawmakers think. Always wanting to take people's money by hustling them. Oftentimes the ones most effected are the poor, who can't afford things like updated registration stickers, they can't afford to fix that cracked windshield, or broken tail light. But the left chooses to penalize them by tacking on lots of fees that they definitely can't afford, making them struggle even harder than they already are.

...They think they're doing some kind of service, I'm guessing. But really they're only causing more damage than good.
This is not a partisan issue.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, that's how democratic lawmakers think. Always wanting to take people's money by hustling them. Oftentimes the ones most effected are the poor, who can't afford things like updated registration stickers, they can't afford to fix that cracked windshield, or broken tail light. But the left chooses to penalize them by tacking on lots of fees that they definitely can't afford, making them struggle even harder than they already are.

...They think they're doing some kind of service, I'm guessing. But really they're only causing more damage than good.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟578,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It really is. Look to the red light, or speed cameras. You'll find it's the democratic lawmakers who do that exclusively, proving that it is indeed the way of the democrats to squeeze money out of people with fines, whether they can afford it or not. Then realize it doesn't end there, citing the ridiculous amount Trump was ordered to pay.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It really is.
It really isn't.

Look to the red light, or speed cameras. You'll find it's the democratic lawmakers who do that exclusively, proving that it is indeed the way of the democrats to squeeze money out of people with fines, whether they can afford it or not.
What makes you think that that is true?

Most the states listed are red states, but the California county mentioned is Maricopa notorious for Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Then realize it doesn't end there, citing the ridiculous amount Trump was ordered to pay.
Do you know how that amount was arrived at?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
Silicon Valley
✟578,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It really isn't.

What makes you think that that is true?

Most the states listed are red states, but the California county mentioned is Maricopa notorious for Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Do you know how that amount was arrived at?
Henry Kirksey was the mayor of Castleberry Alabama in 2022 when the speedtraps and complaints occured. He is the son of a left wing "civil rights leader" who advocated for the removal of confederate battle flags. He is a black, African American, Democrat, in spite of your broadbrush of Alabama being a red state.

Also, it was Janet Napolitano (D), not Sheriff Joe Arpaio who installed the speed cameras in Arizona. Sheriff's don't pass laws.

It is *always* democratic lawmakers wanting to ruthlessly hustle money... They do it with a smile, and a pat on the back.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟440,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
New York is safer than a year ago. But like most cities, some places are a lot safer, and some places might even be less safe. Statistics measure how it is on the average. Even if fewer people are being attacked, you could still be the unlucky one.

There's 2 crime measures and they're detached.

"Oh, they just aren't recording crime now." is such an obvious clinker, I'm surprised anyone actually tries it.

1. They did alter the way the FBI collects data....I don't know what's hard to understand about this. Fewer police departments are on board than in the past, so it's a smaller data set.

2. The crime victimization data (where they sample people to see if they've been victims of crimes) is further detached from the FBI crime report than ever.

So typically the two data sets coincide....but hey, because the left destroyed all that progress the police had made since the late 80s and early 90s in decreasing crime by rioting and endlessly scrutinizing the smallest of problems in our police departments....

The left decided to change the way they collect data. Oddly, if we ask the police....crime is decreasing....but if we ask the public, a large increase in the number if victims of crime report along most metrics.

The public isn't reporting crimes. It's as if they don't trust the police....or the police are badly understaffed and unable to take reports....or both.

• Winner
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There's 2 crime measures and they're detached.
Your link references a private organization that is using a different measure that makes it appear crime went up.

But using consistent measures, shows crime is declining. Apples to apples. Show me the data from the past 30 years with your new measure, and then you have something. Otherwise, not.

. They did alter the way the FBI collects data....I don't know what's hard to understand about this. Fewer police departments are on board than in the past, so it's a smaller data set.
So are you saying that the FBI is lying and using absolute numbers instead of rates now? Or are you saying that the FBI statisticians are incompetent and don't know how to adjust for sample size?

So typically the two data sets coincide....but hey, because the left destroyed all that progress the police had made since the late 80s and early 90s in decreasing crime by rioting
As you know, rioting (most of the people charged are far-right and/or white supremacists) was very limited. But I'd be pleased to see checkable numbers showing that those relatively few cases significantly affected crime rates. Show us what you have. I'll ask again, if you forget.

The public isn't reporting crimes.
Gee, it's as if there was less crime. :oops: I'm very skeptical of your suggestion that people just stopped reporting homicides (which are significantly down, BTW). How do you figure that?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Fewer than half of crimes in the U.S. are reported, and fewer than half of reported crimes ar

Yep, and the rate of reported crime has remained pretty constant for at least 40 years. So measuring apples to apples, the decreased reported crime rate shows that fewer crimes are occurring. From your source:
1714436050466.png

Attachments

• 1714435760929.png
    1714435760929.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1714436016884.png
    1714436016884.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The public isn't reporting crimes. It's as if they don't trust the police....or the police are badly understaffed and unable to take reports....or both.
Gee, it's as if there was less crime. :oops: I'm very skeptical of your suggestion that people just stopped reporting homicides (which are significantly down, BTW). How do you figure that?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
PHOENIX (AP) — Prosecutors said Monday they will not retry an Arizona rancher whose trial in the fatal shooting of a Mexican man on his property ended last week with a deadlocked jury.
That kind of thing used to be a lot more common.

I guess it still happens in some places.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's irrational to think it's getting worse when it's getting better.
I'd give this "winner of the day", except it's like pointing out that it's humid when it's raining. It's astonishing that anyone has to point it out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums