Oct 2, 2020
✟616,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God cannot be confined to a book, and is Himself the final authority rather than even His Word.
That's a handy disclaimer. But authority is presented in words. The Nicene Creed is words. The Catechism of the Catholic Church is words. So the matter is, whose words carry the most authority.
The two I mentioned followed an Arab theologian, who taught the Quran was the authority, and became great advocates of Sola Scriptura. I know it's not going to be accepted by those who promote Sola Scriptura, thus the word "apparently."
It's not going to be accepted by anyone who goes by evidence rather than hearsay. Personally I'm not an adhearent to sola scriptura. But I do believe the words of God, what He said to the Prophets etc, and what Jesus said, and what the Apostles said, have the greatest authority of all the words spoken to and by the Church of Christ.

Priests today are of the order of Melchizedek. Recall Melchizedek offered mere bread and wine. Our Lord offers His Body and His Blood under the outward appearance of bread and wine. Priests under the New Covenant, the Covenant which is the Body and Blood of Our Lord, are priests of the order of Melchizedek. The new fulfills the old.

Psalm 110:4
4 The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind,
“You are a priest for ever
after the order of Melchiz′edek.” RSVCE
Which is known of and established through the Word of God.

Upvote 0