Michigan
✟334,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In John 1 Jesus is baptized by John the Baptist. In John 2 however, it shows Jesus attending the wedding at Galilie with his followers apparently. where he makes all that wine form water. He also says that His time has not yet come in response to His mother, but apparently he had some disciples with Him already, meaning His ministry was underway. But in Matthew 4 after Jesus was baptized it says He went into the wilderness to be tempted 40 days before commencing His ministry. So which is it? Where did Jesus go after being baptized by John the Baptist?

Seeing things like this is really starting to scare me.

There is no documentation as to what John meant when he said "And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there". I believe it was the 3rd day of the first Month, 11 days before Passover and Unleavened bread. When Jesus said His Time had not yet come, HE was Speaking of His Ministry which was beginning.

I John 1, John the Baptist said "29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. 30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. 31 And I knew him not: (Past tense) but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. 32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

So in John 1, Jesus had already been baptized, John had already seen the Spirit descending like a dove. Jesus had already been tempted 40 days and 40 nights and was picking His Disciples before the wedding of Cana. This was the beginning of His Ministry when HE was choosing His Disciples.

John 1 doesn't record the Baptism of Jesus, John just recording the words of John the Baptist regarding what had already transpired.

I find no contradiction at all, when a person reads what is actually written. Although I have heard "Many" who call Jesus Lord, Lord, promote the divisive philosophy that John and Matthew contradicted each other. Don't listen to them my friend, don't follow them, don't go to their manmade shrines of worship. Read for yourself what the scriptures actually say.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟770,191.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Someone once told me that the superhuman devil doesn’t want you to believe he exists. It seems to me that the devil wants you to blame someone else for sin, and wars and murder and the like.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟13,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please explain.
Satan is still active, scripture proves this, men who do not know GOD can be evil and covetous, many wars if nor all wars were caused by greed, Satan certainly can influence men in a very bad way, he seeks to destroy God's creation.

Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan is still active, scripture proves this, men who do not know GOD can be evil and covetous, many wars if nor all wars were caused by greed, Satan certainly can influence men in a very bad way, he seeks to destroy God's creation.
How then do you explain that the devil was destroyed by the death of Jesus? (Heb 2:14)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟13,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How then do you explain that the devil was destroyed by the death of Jesus? (Heb 2:14)
He is still here and very active at this moment, His destruction will be after the millennium of the second advent of Christ as it is written and explained in the Book or revelation;

The Thousand Years​

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The Defeat of Satan​

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Blessings

• Winner
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟146,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He is still here and very active at this moment, His destruction will be after the millennium of the second advent of Christ as it is written and explained in the Book or revelation;

The Thousand Years​

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The Defeat of Satan​

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Blessings
Looks to me like the millennium is after Satan is chained,you know during the thousand years that he is bound.

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The Thousand Years​

The Defeat of Satan​

Blessings
I was asking how to explain how the devil was destroyed by the death of Christ. (Heb 2:14)

it can be easily explained like this:

1There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6For to be fleshly minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7Because the [c]carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. (Rom 8:3)

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,15that whoever believes in Him should [c]not perish but have eternal life. 16For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. (John 3:14-17)

The serpent represents the sinful flesh of man. And because Jesus possessed the same sinful flesh (the devil), when Jesus was lifted up on the cross and his flesh destroyed, the devil or sinful flesh was destroyed.

The devil still exists because sinful flesh still exists. But he was destoyed in the flesh of Jesus. So we look to him.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟146,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was asking how to explain how the devil was destroyed by the death of Christ. (Heb 2:14)

it can be easily explained like this:

1There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who[a] do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6For to be fleshly minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7Because the [c]carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. (Rom 8:3)

14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,15that whoever believes in Him should [c]not perish but have eternal life. 16For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. (John 3:14-17)

The serpent represents the sinful flesh of man. And because Jesus possessed the same sinful flesh (the devil), when Jesus was lifted up on the cross and his flesh destroyed, the devil or sinful flesh was destroyed.

The devil still exists because sinful flesh still exists. But he was destoyed in the flesh of Jesus. So we look to him.
Many times when I blamed the devil for things it was actually just me

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have no worse enemy than myself.
Early Jewish commentators speak of what they call “evil inclination” as opposed to the “good inclination“

“The rabbinic duality of yetzer hara, the so-called “evil inclination,” and yetzer hatov, the “good inclination,” is more subtle than the names connote. Yetzer hara is not a demonic force that pushes a person to do evil, but rather a drive toward pleasure or property or security, which if left unlimited, can lead to evil (cf. Genesis Rabbah 9:7). When properly controlled by the yetzer hatov, the yetzer hara leads to many socially desirable results, including marriage, business, and community”

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟146,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh Lord, save us from ourselves
Rom 7:18 - For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for-to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:19 - For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:20 - Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:21 - I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:22 - For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:23 - But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of mymind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:24 - O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of thisdeath?
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:25 - I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind Imyself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rom 7:18 - For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for-to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:19 - For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:20 - Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:21 - I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:22 - For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:23 - But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of mymind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:24 - O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of thisdeath?
Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 7:25 - I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind Imyself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
The sin which dwells in Paul, he personifies. It’s the sin dwelling in him, not he himself See that?

Paul does not say some superhuman devil is dwelling in him, but the powerful desire to do the things he would not.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People who are possessed of demons are people who are suffering the result of sin. They are suffering the result of, specifically, Adam’s sin, which brought death into the world.
Death has passed to all man, because all sinned when Adam sinned. This speaks about having the same nature as Adam did. Adam was able to sin because when the law entered it became weak because of his flesh.

This flesh is referred to as the devil. And because it is this devil that causes death, all the suffering people experience on their way to death is therefore said to be the works of the devil.

A demon is therefore a personification of an illness people,suffer as the result of Adam’s sin bringing death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0