Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
This is why we look forward to the 1,000 year reign of Christ. God is infinite and we are finite so our understanding is limited. No matter who we elect it just seems like they are going to make a mess out of things. I really had hope that Kennedy would make a difference and it was a big disappointment when he got shot because there was no hope left. Now we can put our hope in God and in Jesus and there is a 100% guarantee that HE will NOT disappoint us. I became a Christian because they said: Give it a try, what do you have to lose? God has answews, God has solutions that goes far beyond what man can do. What do we want, what do we need. God has all the answers and all the solutions.
I think this is the first POSITIVE post I've read today. So thanks. I agree w/ all that. I do, however, believe that Christians are called by the Lord Himself to do whatever we can to make the world a better, more Christ-centered place. How can we, for example, let baby murder go un-
challenged?

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Same here. I stopped following the news as soon as Trump was elected. I started watching a bit more about two years later when I began hearing about the good things he was doing and the positive results he was getting. When Biden came in I stopped watching again because, even as a child I was never a big fan of puppet shows.
I asked myself some time ago: Why do I like watching the news? The first thing that came to me is that I am fascinated by how EVIL people can be. I speak of those who promote legalized abortion. I speak of those who advocate an open border, despite the fact there are LAWS in place against it, laws that are routinely violated since this Admin began. So yeh, the lawlessness people accept (elites) is staggering.

There are other reasons I watch news, but if the above were the only reason, I likely would have stopped watching a LONG time ago. After awhile, you are seriously sickened by the evil you learn about..

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
1 John 4:18 -“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.”
who does not fear?

This is just saying that all humans are imperfect in love (and everything else).

But we knew that. Only God is perfect

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I liked Reagan because he had a sense of humor and was funny. But it got a bit thin when he stated talking jibber jabber. Reaganomics was a good example of that. Now they are better at coving that up than they were back then. Esp the trickle down theory that what is a benefit to the rich will trickle down and benefit the poor. Yeah, right :)
Trickle down economics WORKS. Even JF Kennedy, a D, agreed, with his comment "A rising tide lifts all boats."

We were ALL better off 4 years ago. Inflation (overall inflation) is at almost 19%!

WOW

just wow.

Gas prices are ridiculous AND we have a depleted national reserve. AND we have STRANGERS invading from all countries in the world, some being TERRORISTS, some being thieves, some being rapists, and some like the one who killed Laken Rile, murderers

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
How can we, for example, let baby murder go un-
The question is how can God allow this. We are told that life is always the right choice but God is the one that gives us the choice to follow Him or to live a life of rebellion. WE can choose to be positive or negative. There are severe consequences for making the wrong choice. Jesus said Heaven is filled with children. Children hoping to be reunited with their parents. Even though they know that there is very little chance their parents will repent and go to heaven. So they do celebrate (rejoice) when their parents do come to a saving knowledge of the truth.

My wife had an IUD and I did not know that causes an abortion. So I do have a daughter in heaven. If I had known I would have never sent my wife to the doctor to get birth control. I had dreams about my daughter in Heaven and of course she rejoices that I am saved and going to Heaven to be reuniteds with her.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Only God is perfect
Perfect means to be mature and produce fruit. So God is perfecting us. We are to be perfect as He is perfect. I even believe that a child can be mature when Jesus says we are to be as a child.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Feel better?
No

and won't until this Admin is GONEsville
The question is how can God allow this. We are told that life is always the right choice but God is the one that gives us the choice to follow Him or to live a life of rebellion. WE can choose to be positive or negative. There are severe consequences for making the wrong choice. Jesus said Heaven is filled with children. Children hoping to be reunited with their parents. Even though they know that there is very little chance their parents will repent and go to heaven. So they do celebrate (rejoice) when their parents do come to a saving knowledge of the truth.

My wife had an IUD and I did not know that causes an abortion. So I do have a daughter in heaven. If I had known I would have never sent my wife to the doctor to get birth control. I had dreams about my daughter in Heaven and of course she rejoices that I am saved and going to Heaven to be reuniteds with her.
How did you know the child was female? I thought IUDs killed children before you even know you are carrying one?

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Perfect means to be mature and produce fruit. So God is perfecting us. We are to be perfect as He is perfect. I even believe that a child can be mature when Jesus says we are to be as a child.
I think what Jesus meant by becoming a child is that we should be

innocent, trusting, forgiving. Children forgive so much. They call it being "resilient." A lot of times children don't even know, even when they are grown, that they were abused by their parents or whomever. That is how trusting they are of their parents. I often sigh and ask God to give me more trust of Him. I've been through so much turmoil and evil that it is hard to trust Him. After all, He allowed all that stuff to happen to me when there was no way I could prevent it. But things just are what they are, I tell myself. He allows the world to do whatever (the system). Thomas Jefferson said (as a Deist) that God was like a watch maker: He made the world and then let it go (my term for it). I don't know if Jefferson believed that God intervenes much through our prayer? I have always wanted to read a book on one of our greatest presidents. But of course the Word tells us to pray incessantly (Thessalonians)

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Yep. Comedian Norm MacDonald had this bit where he talked about how, back before cable TV, there was just a half hour of news in the evening. Subtract time for commercials and it was about 22 minutes. And then they often ended with some humorous fluff piece, so we had about 21 minutes of news each day. They had it about right. That's all the news we need, if even that.
I disagree heartily. The more news I collect in my head, the more I am.... I don't even know what to say. But there are MILLIONS of things that need to be changed in this country concerning government. It is way too tyrannical, for one. It is not in line with the Constitution for one thing. This is something DeSantis goes into in his book The Courage to be Free. HE sticks to the Constitution. Most politicians do not seem to do that and some definitely do NOT. What good is it to have such a Document if no one ever has to abide by it? You have Ds saying We have to protect democracy, while they politicize govt agencies and use their power via fake court cases to go after their political opponents. This is not the country our Founders envisioned, to say the least. I believe one of the top 3 things WRONG with this country is that probably something like 70% or more of Americans have this attitude that they either don't have time for news or don't have the stomach for it or whatever.

An uninformed public is a malleable one (easily manipulated and controlled)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
More venting: I am disturbed by the fact that so many people, nearly everyone, it seems, criticize and judge others (the word Judge needs to be defined, I know) and rarely seem to look in the mirror. We all know the saying about how when you point your finger @ others, there are 3 pointing back at yourself. But few seem to ever see those 3 fingers!

I can be about as bad as anyone at times, but--well, this is another good thing about being Catholic (BTW: Talk about a word that needs to be defined these days!) is that we confess our sins regularly (supposed to. But if a priest is a fan of Francis... I go elsewhere).

Confession gets you into a habit of examining your soul. But in any case, I've noticed that people go on internet forums and it seems they mostly just want to prove to all other posters that THEY are right and OTHERS are wrong, and they can't wait to tell those others how wrong they are!

I just find that very unattractive

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟877,875.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I disagree heartily. The more news I collect in my head, the more I am.... I don't even know what to say. But there are MILLIONS of things that need to be changed in this country concerning government. It is way too tyrannical, for one. It is not in line with the Constitution for one thing. This is something DeSantis goes into in his book The Courage to be Free. HE sticks to the Constitution. Most politicians do not seem to do that and some definitely do NOT. What good is it to have such a Document if no one ever has to abide by it? You have Ds saying We have to protect democracy, while they politicize govt agencies and use their power via fake court cases to go after their political opponents. This is not the country our Founders envisioned, to say the least. I believe one of the top 3 things WRONG with this country is that probably something like 70% or more of Americans have this attitude that they either don't have time for news or don't have the stomach for it or whatever.

An uninformed public is a malleable one (easily manipulated and controlled)
To each his own. I just know paying attention to news bums me out, and I'm happier when I ignore that noise and just pay attention to family and friends and good books. I know the world's going to hell in a handbasket, but I can't change that. You're the one that made a thread saying you wanted to vent, not me. I don't need to vent. :)

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
To each his own. I just know paying attention to news bums me out, and I'm happier when I ignore that noise and just pay attention to family and friends and good books. I know the world's going to hell in a handbasket, but I can't change that. You're the one that made a thread saying you wanted to vent, not me. I don't need to vent. :)
you have family and friends. I don't. So there's that.

I know it is my own fault that I do not reach out to people more but I've been burnt so many times, I've come to believe that 90% of people are bad. Whether God would agree w/ me on that one is.. unknown, but that's where I am at with my ptsd and etc.

Oh, wait. According to the Word 100% of people are bad.

In any case, Maybe watching news is subconsciously a way for me to connect? But I know there are many other reasons why I watch. I have an intellectual curiosity about what's going on.

Also, I fail to see how wanting to vent is some kind of abnormality, as you seem to imply...

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I often sigh and ask God to give me more trust of Him.
We do wonder why God allows things to happen. We are told all things work together for good when we love God and are called according to His plan and purpose. I am amazed that there are no good books on how to raise a child and many children are aborted and in Heaven without parents. They never got a chance to experience life here on earth and maybe that is a good thing. It is almost as if parents learn more from children than the children learn from the parents.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
We do wonder why God allows things to happen. We are told all things work together for good when we love God and are called according to His plan and purpose. I am amazed that there are no good books on how to raise a child and many children are aborted and in Heaven without parents. They never got a chance to experience life here on earth and maybe that is a good thing. It is almost as if parents learn more from children than the children learn from the parents.
I kind of laugh because it seems you are packing a lot of profound ideas into one post, not a bad thing, just a kind of overwhelming thing for the one responding.

I have often wondered if children who have left us (even if aborted) are not better off. The world is really, really bad today

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That is NOT true.

They do not make up their stories. They have plenty of FACTS, plenty of witnesses, Congresspersons on a plethora of committees dealing with a plethora of problems.

I think of that old cliche "Everyone's a critic."

IT is so true. Everyone just seems to reflexively criticize, even though they likely have not done a fraction of the good that some prominent person or group has done. I guess there may be some envy involved (knowing human nature)
-

No they take a situation and make it out as, a lot worse than it is, like this furries nonsense.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟877,875.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
you have family and friends. I don't. So there's that.

I know it is my own fault that I do not reach out to people more but I've been burnt so many times, I've come to believe that 90% of people are bad. Whether God would agree w/ me on that one is.. unknown, but that's where I am at with my ptsd and etc.

Oh, wait. According to the Word 100% of people are bad.

In any case, Maybe watching news is subconsciously a way for me to connect? But I know there are many other reasons why I watch. I have an intellectual curiosity about what's going on.

Also, I fail to see how wanting to vent is some kind of abnormality, as you seem to imply...
I didn't mean to imply it was abnormal, I just meant to say that I don't watch news because when I do, I often feel the need to vent as you do. But I don't watch, so I don't get worked up about it.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The world is really, really bad today
It is difficult to understand that God is good and that He is going to cause good to come out of all of this.

The concept of infinitesimal plays a crucial role in understanding the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,453.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
1 John 4:18 -“There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.”
And nobody can be perfect so what's the point

Upvote 0