Hunter Biden’s Lawyers Put Fox News on Notice, Demand Retractions and an Apology – Or Risk a Defamation Lawsuit

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟323,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And even looking at the information is legally questionable; technically the are only allowed to look at things as required for repairs or, if you don't pick up your machine, (if they believe they have incorrect contact info) to look for correct contact information.
In the context of a repair person yes - I was speaking about data on items whose ownership has been transferred.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟323,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope. Not even that is legal. You can look at the on the original device, but you can't duplicate or distribute them in any fashion.
Distributing would, I think, fall outside of personal use. And while it might technically be illegal to make copies, I'm not sure how that could possibly be proven if you never gave them to anyone.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟332,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the context of a repair person yes - I was speaking about data on items whose ownership has been transferred.

That is it, though, as others have pointed out, the hardware ownership transfers (and any software originally on the computer) but the data does not and legally still is not to be accessed (though maybe not well obeyed, particularly with the difficulty of attempting to enforce it).

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟836,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Fox News Pulls Hunter Biden ‘Mock Trial’ Miniseries Amid Lawsuit Threat

Fox News swiftly took down a six-part miniseries focused on Hunter Biden from its streaming platform following a threat of legal action from Hunter Biden’s attorneys. The controversial program, titled “The Trial of Hunter Biden,” stirred controversy with its incendiary content, including sexually explicit images and a “mock trial” narrative surrounding Biden’s legal issues.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟323,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That is it, though, as others have pointed out, the hardware ownership transfers (and any software originally on the computer) but the data does not and legally still is not to be accessed (though maybe not well obeyed, particularly with the difficulty of attempting to enforce it).
I guess I don't really see the point of an unenforceable law.

Upvote 0