• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Feeling ashamed...

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟146,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I feel for sure I need meds.
My intrusive thoughts make me swing between anxiety and depression..

Trying to muster the strength to be honest with my DR so I cn get them.
Trying to muster strength to endure possible withdrawls..

Just trying to be happy is all. That and pass my TEAS feel I won't bc I can't concentrate long enough to study.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Just trying to be happy is all. That and pass my TEAS feel I won't bc I can't concentrate long enough to study.
I prayed for you. OCD can be a struggle, but remember this verse, Romans 8:38-39: "For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And one more thing. @Macchiato , it is recommended that you seek advice from a priest or pastor. Even if the church leader is far away, there are probably online directories where you can call up your local church to help.

Example (I do not live in Culver City, but I will use it as an example):
1714449317354.png

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, you need positive energy and positive thoughts. I like to quote and study the promises of God, that fixes whatever ails you. Put it under the Blood of Jesus and get rid of all that negative energy. There is wonder working power in the Blood.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟13,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Hello macchiato,

Consulting with a mental health professional who specializes in OCD is crucial. They can provide personalized treatment plans tailored to the individual's needs and monitor progress over time. OCD requires more than meds this is why you should consult with someone who specializes in OCD.

Blessings

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟146,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello macchiato,

Consulting with a mental health professional who specializes in OCD is crucial. They can provide personalized treatment plans tailored to the individual's needs and monitor progress over time. OCD requires more than meds this is why you should consult with someone who specializes in OCD.

Blessings
You're right. This is hard for me to come to terms with I hate I may have ocd. I feel this my be what it is bc i cant concentrate long enough to study so nursing school may hve to wait. . But I also don't have insurance so.. I'dk how ill be seen

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟146,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello macchiato,

Blessings
You're right. This is hard for me to come to terms with I hate I may have ocd. I feel this my be what it is bc i cant concentrate long enough to study so nursing school may hve to wait. . But I also don't have insurance so.. I'dk how ill be seen

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, some states have state-sponsored mental health programs. Wisconsin has one, after looking online just now. If not, you can ask a pastor for help, if he is not a jerk of a pastor who does not want to help anyone.

Upvote 0