Tampere
✟11,346.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
How can I not feel bad about it? Bible tells we are saved by grace and we are blamess, but part of me still want to fight the sin, and I feel iam powerless and I have fallen into same sins quiet many many times and I go and ask forgivness again, I feel like I just not sure if God hears me, and why doesnt I have strength?
Is falling into same sins form of tribulation? OR iam just weak christians who dont make it to heaven, coz I struggle with being obedient, I feel far from God, heart gets hardened. I dont want that, I did pray today free times and want to ask God why I fall into same sin, why cant it just be removed and takes away.. What is this all about I dont get that.. iam bit confused and question about if iam being even saved to start with

Jesus did so much for ini that cross, why cant we overcome and love him and be done with this sins allready..
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. ..but how then

• Prayers
Reactions: St_Worm2

germo155

Mar 22, 2024
Tampere
✟11,346.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because we are weak and some sins are strong. But HE is Strength. We need to stop fighting the sins ourselves, but ask Him to fight them for us.
Thats what I have done for 2 years, I had some break from some of it, then it come back, like a mania. Is that evil spirit specifically in some area? If there is loss of control. Yes I have prayed when tempted, I have little success, so do you think it can be oppression? I was into new age before too, so I dont know if that is opening some weird things, I have also had some strange encounters .

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,932,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @germo155, unfortunately, I don't have much time to post right now, so I'll leave you with some of the Scripture verses that I intended to give you to consider (and for us to hopefully talk about later too :)).

Psalm 119
9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Thy word.
11 Thy word I have ~treasured/hidden~ in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee.
Romans 12
2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
2 Corinthians 10
5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we ~take captive~ every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

The little passage from Psalm 119 above is an interesting place to begin, isn't it, because it starts off by asking the very question that seems to be on your mind, and then it answers it by telling you what you need to do, all in v9.

Fortunately, v11 goes on to answer your closing OP question too, by telling you how :oldthumbsup: More on all of this later (Dv)

Blessings to you in Christ!!

--David

Psalm 1
1 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he ~meditates~ day and night.
3 He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,968.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can I not feel bad about it? Bible tells we are saved by grace and we are blamess, but part of me still want to fight the sin, and I feel iam powerless and I have fallen into same sins quiet many many times and I go and ask forgivness again, I feel like I just not sure if God hears me, and why doesnt I have strength?
Is falling into same sins form of tribulation? OR iam just weak christians who dont make it to heaven, coz I struggle with being obedient, I feel far from God, heart gets hardened. I dont want that, I did pray today free times and want to ask God why I fall into same sin, why cant it just be removed and takes away.. What is this all about I dont get that.. iam bit confused and question about if iam being even saved to start with

Jesus did so much for ini that cross, why cant we overcome and love him and be done with this sins allready..
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. ..but how then

Maybe you have too much time available. Maybe you need something to keep you busy.

Learn some Spanish, and move to South America. Now you won't have time for your old sin. You'll be too busy just trying to survive. But you will get away from Russia.

How long before the hell in Ukraine comes to Estonia?

Putin is not stopping with Ukraine.

Upvote 0

germo155

Mar 22, 2024
Tampere
✟11,346.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe you have too much time available. Maybe you need something to keep you busy.

Learn some Spanish, and move to South America. Now you won't have time for your old sin. You'll be too busy just trying to survive. But you will get away from Russia.

How long before the hell in Ukraine comes to Estonia?

Putin is not stopping with Ukraine.
So I should distract myself with world? I dont think that will be the solution. If I keep myself busy with things, that means I dont seek God. I just have some phases when I fall, but I just wonder if that the issue is that I dont use word as sword against devil. I keep falling easily.
I dont think about war to be honest, the real world is in the spirit realm. But thanks for your concerns

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,014,503.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Jesus told us to pick up our cross and follow Him.

As you carry your cross, Jesus is indeed carrying you my friend.

Stay strong. Persevere in prayer. Every time you fall, get right back up and head for the merciful arms of God. Be determined that no matter how many battles you lose, Satan ain't ever going to win the war!

God bless you

Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟694,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

This is a very important topic so I want to try and be clear here.

We are sinners, usually or quite often, we are "the worst of the worst" before coming to Christ.

See the crowd before Jesus when He was dying on that cross... Picture it in your mind.

Now know this. It was YOU in that crowd, calling for His death, when HE said "Father Forgive them for they know not what they do"

Because He died, He HAD to die and raise again from the dead to forgive your sins, my sins, the sins of all Christians. We are the cause.

But on that cross you were in His direct line of sight and it was your forgiveness He begged in His dying breath.

This means your sins are forgiven - but there's still such a thing as sin.

Pastor Voddie Baucham did a wonderful sermon on sin above, it's worth a listen.

Once you understand what we consider sin and why, you'll notice you've long seen certain behaviors as sinful, before you even knew for sure they were wrong. That's your conscious, or that still small voice of God inside of you trying to stop you from doing stupid stuff.

But to circle back to the beginning of my post now, when we were saved we were the "worst of the worst" (I was once Muslim and married to an extremist, some come to Christ having been drug addicts, others have murdered etc)

Being saved doesn't make us instantly Christ-like. It just doesn't. It makes us forgiven.

Scripture teaches that once we are saved we begin a process Christians call "sanctification". That's where we go from point A. Which is the starting point, aka "worst of the worst" then you begin learning.

The more you learn of the Triune God, the more time you spend in prayer and scripture, the easier it becomes to resist temptation.

Temptation will remain constant so long as we are in these bodies, but the closer you get to Christ the easier it is to keep your focus on Christ instead of sinful desires.

It's a learning process now, a growing process, and you won't be all grown up this side of heaven. :)

This is the trial by fire... But walking with Christ we already have overcome, even if we can't see it yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

When we realize the extent of our depravity it can be overwhelming and thus hard for us to believe that God will forgive us.

Because we have the enemy on earth (satan) until the Lord returns we are constantly being bombarded with the lies of satan.

I hold onto this promise...

Philippians 1:6 New Living Translation (NLT)And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

Whenever I fall (sin) the Lord is always there to forgive men, pick me up, and begin again. AMEN!!!

Battles every day ... but we know who won the war.

We are in a spiritual war every single day that we live on planet earth.

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟27,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 John 1:9 NIV

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

Romans 8:34 NIV

"Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died — more than that, who was raised to life — is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us."

1 John 2:1 NIV

"My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One."

Hebrews 7:25 NIV

"Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them."

God bless!

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The sin nature never goes away in this life. I have not met a strong Christian yet. We are all sinners saved by God's grace. Jesus told us to forgive as he has forgiven us... 70x70. The righteous man may fall 7 times but rises again.

Missions advocate George Verwer said, "The victorious life is not just living victoriously, but knowing what to do when we do sin.". "The victorious life is not in the absence of sin, but knowing what to do when we do sin."

A lady asked the famous evangelist D.L. Moody, "why do you keep saying, 'Be filled with the Spirit!' "
Moody replied, "Lady, I leak."

Salvation/Holiness/Redemption works in 3 tenses. 1. Past, were saved when we believed, 2. We are to daily work out our salvation. 3. We will be fully saved at the resurrection, when we rid of this fallen body.

I can give verses if you need.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

germo155

Mar 22, 2024
Tampere
✟11,346.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The sin nature never goes away in this life. I have not met a strong Christian yet. We are all sinners saved by God's grace. Jesus told us to forgive as he has forgiven us... 70x70. The righteous man may fall 7 times but rises again.

Missions advocate George Verwer said, "The victorious life is not just living victoriously, but knowing what to do when we do sin.". "The victorious life is not in the absence of sin, but knowing what to do when we do sin."

A lady asked the famous evangelist D.L. Moody, "why do you keep saying, 'Be filled with the Spirit!' "
Moody replied, "Lady, I leak."

Salvation/Holiness/Redemption works in 3 tenses. 1. Past, were saved when we believed, 2. We are to daily work out our salvation. 3. We will be fully saved at the resurrection, when we rid of this fallen body.

I can give verses if you need.

God bless you.
I belive that Jesus promises us to have victory tho :) But it is what matter is that we will pursui holiness, and he given us new spirit and tools to stand spiritual warfare, if we really understand it, but many we Christians dont understand it, we think saved by grace. thats it, but he Jesus himself have said:

Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.

This is truth. Its Faith walk reallly, it can get difficult, Jesus never promised that we live comfortable life, blessings, benefits here, otherwise... why this? "Blessed are those who endure when they are tested. When they pass the test, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him."

It can get nasty sometimes for some definetly, thank you

Upvote 0