Atlanta, GA
✟23,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture said that faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen. To bear the fruit of God's love is hoped for and evidence.

Hebrews 11:11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Very good. Now what is substance? What is evidence? Is there evidence in a thought? Is a thought admissible in court to convict someone?

What does James say about faith? Faith without action is dead. Faith without action cannot save you. Actions are the soul which gives life to faith. Actions complete and make perfect faith.

So you "believe in your heart" that you are saved? That is not faith.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟6,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very good. Now what is substance? What is evidence? Is there evidence in a thought? Is a thought admissible in court to convict someone?

What does James say about faith? Faith without action is dead. Faith without action cannot save you. Actions are the soul which gives life to faith. Actions complete and make perfect faith.

So you "believe in your heart" that you are saved? That is not faith.
If I believe then I want to obey. If Jesus tells me to do something then my aim is to do it. Those who keep his words love him as he said. They're the Father's words.

Upvote 0