US
✟1,108,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I wonder what threw him off with the Zadok calendar? I'm thinking it wasn't presented and supported well.
I'm not sure; but I suspect what is at the root of it, is that he seems to dismiss Enoch and Jubilees as scripture. He made such a reference in his first video if I recall correctly.

In his follow up video he dismissed it on references that he presented from Torah is Light

On their website they have a drop down menu under Zadok Priestly Calendar. It has 7 menu categories under that heading, with a subcategory on the 7th item.

In the first category, Zadok Basics both Enoch and Jubilees are referenced.

Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟146,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a 186 year cycle embedded in the text of the genealogies which strongly suggests that the ancients knew about this cycle. It is not something anyone would know about or even consider outside of calendrical observations and calculations, and one would not know about it at all if the true length of the solar tropical was not known.

The drift between the 186 year cycle and the solar tropical year in 186 years amounts to a mere 4/100ths of 1 day, (.04). After 10 cycles, which are 1860 years, the cycle falls behind by .40 of 1 day, (10×.04 = .40), which is still less than 1/2 of 1 day. After 20 cycles, which are 3720 years, the cycle has fallen behind the solar tropical year by .80 of 1 day. And after 25 cycles, which are 4650 years, the calendar has at last fallen behind the solar tropical year by 1 full day, (25×.04 = 1).

Mean Solar Tropical Year: 365.2421897 Days

Leap Week Cycle: 186 Years
6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-5 = 186 Years

186×365.2421897 = 67,935.04 Days
186×364 = 67,704 Days +231 Days = 67,935 Days (7×33 Leap Weeks = 231 Days)

Leap Week Correction Cycle: 185 Years (Cycle 26)
6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 5-6-5, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-5 = 185 Years

What are the chances of the following?

All the days that Adam lived are 930 years:

Septuagint Chronology:
5953 BC — Adam
5953 BC −930 (Adam) = 5022-23 BC — 5 Cycles (5×186 = 930) - Leap Year
5953 BC −1488 (Henok translated) = 4466-65 BC — 8 Cycles (8×186 = 1488) - Leap Year

There is much more where this came from: but this cycle is only like a sort of background check for the Yobel and its related cycles. For instead of having a one week intercalation alternating between five and six years, it is much simpler to have an intercalation every seven years, but to do that, the other related cycles are necessary in order to maintain the accuracy of the calendar. Every shmittah year contains a one week intercalation, and every yobel contains a one week intercalation, and there is also a seventy year cycle which contains a one week intercalation every seventy years, and these cycles maintain the solar tropical year with the 186 year cycle to near perfection.

All of the intercalations including the four days are in the Torah: people simply cannot easily see them for what they are. The first year of the Exodus is a leap year, and it is also a seventy year cycle, but the second week of intercalation technically falls in the next year because it is according to the Noah flood calendar, and thus there is a leap week at the beginning, seven yamim which are forty yom and forty laylah, and this week is at the time of the encampment at Rephidim and Massah, and the second leap week is at the end of the flood year calendar, in the same week as the first, (at the end of the second hodesh, and therefore technically in the next year, according to the new rule in Exodus 12:1-2), and this second leap week in a seventy year cycle is the time at Taberah and Kibroth haTaawah, and Maryam is shut out of the camp for seven days with leprosy. All these evil days are blotted out of the calendar, for Elohim is merciful and gracious, and they therefore become intercalations, and in former times, fast days. The day that Mosheh spoke amiss was the day he went up to mount Nebo and died according to the commanedment, 1/7, the intercalation of the first month. Note also that Yisrael departed from mount Sinai in the second year, in the 20th of the second hodesh, (Num 10:11), and from there the chronology follows the flood calendar, even to the forty days from firstripe grapes when the spies doubled down on the evil report the next day after returning, (the people wept all night), which was the seventh of the seventh month and is therefore stricken from the calendar.

Eleven days from Horeb the way of mount Seir to Kadesh-Barnea, (Deut 1:2), that is seven plus four, and what does Kedesh Barnea mean? Kedesh is often used for bad things and typically a devotee, like a pagan worshipper of a false god, but it also means someone or something devoted to destruction. Look up H5128 נוּעַ, (and bar), Kedesh-Barnea very likely has a sod meaning something akin to devoting to destruction transgressions, thus, eleven intercalation days to devote the transgressions, sins, or wanderings, (nua), to destruction, that is, eleven days to Kadesh Barnea: four single day intercalations and seven for the leap week when it is a leap year.

I hope this does more good rather than cause confusion: I am attempting to pack way too much information into a single post but I don't want to start posting scripture walls.
PERFECT!

Bite-sized instructions to banquet! I can see most of it outright. However, I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around sections that mention 'yom', because I have to search the context first, y'know? But, I'm getting there with your help, so THANKS!

Sorry. Didn't mean to shout (yea I did). ;)

Reactions: daq
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,108,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I hope this does more good rather than cause confusion: I am attempting to pack way too much information into a single post but I don't want to start posting scripture walls.

Bite-sized instructions to banquet!
I'm totally lost.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,108,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-5 = 186 Years
OK, I think that I'm starting to get it.

"A leap week is added once every five to six years."

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is a 186 year cycle embedded in the text of the genealogies which strongly suggests that the ancients knew about this cycle. It is not something anyone would know about or even consider outside of calendrical observations and calculations, and one would not know about it at all if the true length of the solar tropical was not known.

The drift between the 186 year cycle and the solar tropical year in 186 years amounts to a mere 4/100ths of 1 day, (.04). After 10 cycles, which are 1860 years, the cycle falls behind by .40 of 1 day, (10×.04 = .40), which is still less than 1/2 of 1 day. After 20 cycles, which are 3720 years, the cycle has fallen behind the solar tropical year by .80 of 1 day. And after 25 cycles, which are 4650 years, the calendar has at last fallen behind the solar tropical year by 1 full day, (25×.04 = 1).

Mean Solar Tropical Year: 365.2421897 Days

186×365.2421897 = 67,935.04 Days
186×364 = 67,704 Days +231 Days = 67,935 Days (7×33 Leap Weeks = 231 Days)

Leap Week Correction Cycle: 185 Years (Cycle 26)
6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 5-6-5, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-6, 6-5-5 = 185 Years

What are the chances of the following?

All the days that Adam lived are 930 years:

Septuagint Chronology:
5953 BC — Adam
5953 BC −930 (Adam) = 5022-23 BC — 5 Cycles (5×186 = 930) - Leap Year
5953 BC −1488 (Henok translated) = 4466-65 BC — 8 Cycles (8×186 = 1488) - Leap Year

There is much more where this came from: but this cycle is only like a sort of background check for the Yobel and its related cycles. For instead of having a one week intercalation alternating between five and six years, it is much simpler to have an intercalation every seven years, but to do that, the other related cycles are necessary in order to maintain the accuracy of the calendar. Every shmittah year contains a one week intercalation, and every yobel contains a one week intercalation, and there is also a seventy year cycle which contains a one week intercalation every seventy years, and these cycles maintain the solar tropical year with the 186 year cycle to near perfection.

All of the intercalations including the four days are in the Torah: people simply cannot easily see them for what they are. The first year of the Exodus is a leap year, and it is also a seventy year cycle, but the second week of intercalation technically falls in the next year because it is according to the Noah flood calendar, and thus there is a leap week at the beginning, seven yamim which are forty yom and forty laylah, and this week is at the time of the encampment at Rephidim and Massah, and the second leap week is at the end of the flood year calendar, in the same week as the first, (at the end of the second hodesh, and therefore technically in the next year, according to the new rule in Exodus 12:1-2), and this second leap week in a seventy year cycle is the time at Taberah and Kibroth haTaawah, and Maryam is shut out of the camp for seven days with leprosy. All these evil days are blotted out of the calendar, for Elohim is merciful and gracious, and they therefore become intercalations, and in former times, fast days. The day that Mosheh spoke amiss was the day he went up to mount Nebo and died according to the commanedment, 1/7, the intercalation of the first month. Note also that Yisrael departed from mount Sinai in the second year, in the 20th of the second hodesh, (Num 10:11), and from there the chronology follows the flood calendar, even to the forty days from firstripe grapes when the spies doubled down on the evil report the next day after returning, (the people wept all night), which was the seventh of the seventh month and is therefore stricken from the calendar.

Eleven days from Horeb the way of mount Seir to Kadesh-Barnea, (Deut 1:2), that is seven plus four, and what does Kedesh Barnea mean? Kedesh is often used for bad things and typically a devotee, like a pagan worshipper of a false god, but it also means someone or something devoted to destruction. Look up H5128 נוּעַ, (and bar), Kedesh-Barnea very likely has a sod meaning something akin to devoting to destruction transgressions, thus, eleven intercalation days to devote the transgressions, sins, or wanderings, (nua), to destruction, that is, eleven days to Kadesh Barnea: four single day intercalations and seven for the leap week when it is a leap year.

The genealogies as markers is very plausible.
Sadly there aren't many who can observe the night sky due to light pollution. The milky way is quite beautiful, and is what I believe was used to track the seasons.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟115,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm totally lost.

The line of sixes and fives is just a simple mathematical sequence that makes it easy to calculate long time spans, though without adequate explanation, (on my part), it may look confusing. The fives and sixes are spans of years. Picture the sequence as counting blocks of years just as if you were counting days or weeks. The beginning of the sequence would best be explained as follows.

6-5-6, 6-5-6, ................

Each block of three numbers in the above amounts to seventeen years: six years, plus five years, plus six years, then a comma because the next block is a repetition of the first block. So what it represents in a simple sequence is, six years and that is the first leap year in the sequence, then five years and that is the second leap year in the sequence, then six years and that is the third leap year in the sequence. Note also that at the end of that same 186 year sequence the final three part block changes to six, five, five, which is a different leap year pattern and a different number of years for the block because it is only sixteen years total instead of all the other blocks which amount to seventeen years. This is what signifies the end of a cycle and therefore makes the cycle a total of 186 years. After the 6-5-5 block at the end of the first cycle, then next cycle begins and repeats the same pattern as the first, and thus we have a 186 year cycle. It looks confusing, I know, but it is really pretty simple, just not easy to explain.

OK, I think that I'm starting to get it.

"A leap week is added once every five to six years."

Wow, thanks for that link, I have not seen anyone else who perceived the 6-5-6 pattern in the calendar.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟115,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Holy (red heifer) cow! After going back just now, and reading down to the end of the page, this appears to be the site owner's reading of the sundial found at Qumran. If his reading is correct then he has discovered an incredibly important piece of the Tzadok calendar puzzle. Whether you realize it or not, at the very least, you have just handed me another six months to a year of research, (Elohim is good).

The sundial found at Qumran is essentially a horizontal sundial but it was made more in the form of a bowl, rather than being flat, and yet it would still have worked the same way as a horizontal sundial. In the center it has a hole for a stick or small rod, which would have been the gnomon to cast its shadow on the dial. On the underside of the bowl, right in the center where the gnomon would have stood directly above within the bowl, there is a letter ayin, (on the underside of the bowl), representing both a fountain and an eye, perfect symbolism for its purpose. I am not sure whether or not the first image file below is a replica, but it appears to me to be a picture of a replica.

qumran_sundial_83.jpg

qumran_sundial_82.jpg

qumran_sundial_18.jpg

All Files: Qumran Sundial - Madain Project

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,108,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Holy (red heifer) cow! After going back just now, and reading down to the end of the page, this appears to be the site owner's reading of the sundial found at Qumran. If his reading is correct then he has discovered an incredibly important piece of the Tzadok calendar puzzle. Whether you realize it or not, at the very least, you have just handed me another six months to a year of research, (Elohim is good).
I ended up getting sidetracked, and even fell asleep; but as you were writing this I was retracing my steps to what lead me to this page. What lead me here was even more exciting to me than the page itself. More to come.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟115,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I ended up getting sidetracked, and even fell asleep; but as you were writing this I was retracing my steps to what lead me to this page. What lead me here was even more exciting to me than the page itself. More to come.

Sounds good!

By the way, that ayin on the bottom of the Qumran sundial may well have a link to something the Master says in the Gospel of Matthew, and thus, yet another possible link to the Yahad at Qumran-Damascus, and a possible underlying (sod) calendar reference.

καρφος = a dry twig or straw
δοκος = a stick or a beam

Matthew 7:4
4 Or how will you say to your brother, Let me cast the straw-twig out of your eye, and behold, a wooden stick is in your own eye!?

Is he speaking from things familiar to his early childhood training?
There was a stick in the eye of the Qumran sundial! Lol.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,108,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sounds good!
Got it!

I have at least three files of this manuscript on my computer, that I have been studying for about the past two decades.

Until now, without an understanding of the Zadokite calendar, I had no understanding of the highlighted portion:

11Q13
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation
Jump to search

11Q13, also 11QMelch or the Melchizedek document, is a fragmentary manuscript among the Dead Sea Scrolls which mentions Melchizedek as leader of God's angels in a war in Heaven against the angels of darkness instead of the more familiar Archangel Michael. The text is an apocalyptic commentary on the Jubilee year of Leviticus 25.[1][2][3] The Dead Sea Scrolls contain texts in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek, the language of 11Q13 is Hebrew, date of composition is circa 100 BCE.[4]

In the fragmentary passage the term "Elohim" appears a dozen times, mainly referring to the God of Israel, but in commentary on "who says to Zion "Your Elohim reigns" (Isa. 52;7) 11Q13 states that Zion is the congregation of all the sons of righteousness, while Melchizedek is "Your Elohim" who will deliver the sons of righteousness from Belial.[5][6][7][8]

11QMelch

II... And concerning that which He said, In [this] year ofJubilee [each of you shall return to his property (Lev. xxv, 13); and likewise, And this is the manner of release:] every creditor shall release that which he has lent [to his neighbour. He shall not exact it of his neighbour and his brother], for God's release [has been proclaimed] (Deut. xv, 2). [And it will be proclaimed at] the end of days concerning the captives as [He said, To proclaim liberty to the captives (Isa. lxi, 1). Its interpretation is that He] will assign them to the Sons of Heaven and to the inheritance of Melchizedek; f[or He will cast] their [lot] amid the po[rtions of Melchize]dek, who will return them there and will proclaim to them liberty, forgiving them [the wrong-doings] of all their iniquities. And this thing will [occur] in the first week of the Jubilee that follows the nine Jubilees. And the Day of Atonement is the e[nd of the] tenth [Ju]bilee, when all the Sons of [Light] and the men of the lot of Mel[chi]zedek will be atoned for. [And] a statute concerns them [to prov]ide them with their rewards. For this is the moment of the Year of Grace for Melchizedek. [And h]e will, by his strength, judge the holy ones of God, executing judgement as it is written concerning him in the Songs of David, who said, ELOHIM has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgement (Psalms lxxxii, 1). And it was concerning him that he said, (Let the assembly of the peoples) return to the height above them; EL (god) will judge the peoples (Psalms vii, 7-8). As for that which he s[aid, Howlong will you] judge unjustly and showpartiality to the wicked? Selah (Psalms lxxxii, 2), its interpretation concerns Belial and the spirits of his lot [who] rebelled by turning away from the precepts of God to ... And Melchizedek will avenge the vengeance of the judgements of God... and he will drag [them from the hand of] Belial and from the hand of all the sp[irits of] his [lot].And all the 'gods [of Justice'] will come to his aid [to] attend to the de[struction] of Belial. And the height is ... all the sons of God... this ... This is the day of [Peace/Salvation] concerning which [God] spoke [through Isa]iah the prophet, who said, [How] beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of the messenger who proclaims peace, who brings good news, who proclaims salvation, who says to Zion: Your ELOHIM [reigns] (Isa. lii, 7). Its interpretation; the mountains are the prophets... and the messenger is the Anointed one of the spirit, concerning whom Dan[iel] said, [Until an anointed one, a prince (Dan. ix, 25)] ... [And he who brings] good [news] , who proclaims [salvation]: it is concerning him that it is written... [To comfort all who mourn, to grant to those who mourn in Zion] (Isa. lxi, 2-3). To comfort [those who mourn: its interpretation], to make them understand all the ages of t[ime] ... In truth ... will turn away from Belial... by the judgement(S) of God, as it is written concerning him, [who says toZion] ; your ELOHIM reigns. Zion is ..., those who uphold the Covenant, who turn from walking [in] the way of the people. And your ELOHIM is [Melchizedek, who will save them from] the hand of Belial. As for that which He said, Then you shall send abroad the trump[et in] all the land (Lev. xxv, 9) ...[9]

Without understanding the calendar; one wouldn't understand that the Zadokites wrote of the month and the year (according Ken Johns) that Messiah would die, over 100 years before that day.

11Q13

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Melchizedek document" redirects here. For the Gnostic text, see Melchizedek (text).
11Q13, also 11QMelch or the Melchizedek document, is a fragmentary manuscript among the Dead Sea Scrolls (from Cave 11) which mentions Melchizedek as leader of God's angels in a war in Heaven against the angels of darkness instead of the more familiar Archangel Michael. The text is an apocalyptic commentary on the Jubilee year of Leviticus 25.[1][2][3] The Dead Sea Scrolls contain texts in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek, the language of 11Q13 is Hebrew, date of composition is circa 100 BCE.[4]

Ken Johns is taking all of these cryptic (cryptic without understanding the calendar) references in scripture, the DSS, and other historical documents, and plotting them on the Zadokite calendar.

Guess what. According to him it all lines up.

I got side tracked from this video, to understand what he was talking about; and to test his work. That is how I ended up on the calendar page previously posted. Now to continue testing his work. My work has just begun.

Here is the video that got me started on this mission:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
For those that are able to enjo(y)ovel the lesser light during the fi(r'esh) by night, and its shadow cast.
Havel( הֶבֶל}breath~ was a child of the first adam skilled in knowledge and wisdom of the seasons inheritance.
The first to serve righteousness(tzadok) till being slain by his brother.
Havel served the melek of the malak and judged the malak.
1 Corinthians 6:3
Kaf, dalet

Last edited:
Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

The sundial found at Qumran is essentially a horizontal sundial but it was made more in the form of a bowl, rather than being flat, and yet it would still have worked the same way as a horizontal sundial. In the center it has a hole for a stick or small rod, which would have been the gnomon to cast its shadow on the dial. On the underside of the bowl, right in the center where the gnomon would have stood directly above within the bowl, there is a letter ayin, (on the underside of the bowl), representing both a fountain and an eye, perfect symbolism for its purpose. I am not sure whether or not the first image file below is a replica, but it appears to me to be a picture of a replica.

qumran_sundial_83.jpg

qumran_sundial_82.jpg

qumran_sundial_18.jpg

Rings within Rings of the chariot. Yecheskel

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟146,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds good!

By the way, that ayin on the bottom of the Qumran sundial may well have a link to something the Master says in the Gospel of Matthew, and thus, yet another possible link to the Yahad at Qumran-Damascus, and a possible underlying (sod) calendar reference.

4 Or how will you say to your brother, Let me cast the straw-twig out of your eye, and behold, a wooden stick is in your own eye!?

Every time I turn around, (see what I did there?) I am running smack-dab into another revelation!

I was talking with a friend about the Book of the Watchers concerning Enoch, being asked by the Fallen to intercede for them at the Throne of Heaven. This account speaks of YHVH rejecting their plea and saying words to the effect that the Angels were made to intercede for man, not man to intercede for them. Well that got me to thinking how this might be a calendar event so I went looking.

In the 18th chapter, verses 14b-16 it says the following...

14b ...and to me, when I inquired regarding them, The angel said: 'This place is the end of heaven and
15 earth: this has become a prison for the stars and the host of heaven. And the stars which roll over the fire are they which have transgressed the commandment of the Lord in the beginning of
16 their rising, because they did not come forth at their appointed times. And He was wroth with them, and bound them till the time when their guilt should be consummated (even) for ten thousand years.'

I had always thought of the Fallen and their sin revolved around their transgressions against man, by taking of the daughters of man for wives and raising up Giants that, at the expiration of their fleshly bodies became Demons. Now it seems to me that it was also because their antics messed with the calendrical mechanics of Our Father's Sacred plan, "...because they did not come forth at their appointed times."

Busy day here, making preparation and all. Hag Samech Mishpocha!

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sounds good!

The stick in the ayin is a reference to Moshe making 2 mistakes. One was in lifting up a nachash instead of a seraf. Hence the need for a sign of reconciliation.
Mem(water) struck from a rock and] Resh(fire) when healing the divided . A space of time

Last edited:
Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sounds good!

The milky way when observed with an amount of time resembles the pendulum of clock.
Oh.
Sorry for using the english word milky way. There is a hebrew Word. But thought it would be better if someone else served that portion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Every time I turn around, (see what I did there?) I am running smack-dab into another revelation!

I was talking with a friend about the Book of the Watchers concerning Enoch, being asked by the Fallen to intercede for them at the Throne of Heaven. This account speaks of YHVH rejecting their plea and saying words to the effect that the Angels were made to intercede for man, not man to intercede for them. Well that got me to thinking how this might be a calendar event so I went looking.

In the 18th chapter, verses 14b-16 it says the following...

14b ...and to me, when I inquired regarding them, The angel said: 'This place is the end of heaven and
15 earth: this has become a prison for the stars and the host of heaven. And the stars which roll over the fire are they which have transgressed the commandment of the Lord in the beginning of
16 their rising, because they did not come forth at their appointed times. And He was wroth with them, and bound them till the time when their guilt should be consummated (even) for ten thousand years.'

I had always thought of the Fallen and their sin revolved around their transgressions against man, by taking of the daughters of man for wives and raising up Giants that, at the expiration of their fleshly bodies became Demons. Now it seems to me that it was also because their antics messed with the calendrical mechanics of Our Father's Sacred plan, "...because they did not come forth at their appointed times."

Busy day here, making preparation and all. Hag Samech Mishpocha!
That is an exegesis/reference to the 2 stars(sons of a'aron) offering strange fire.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

qumran_sundial_83.jpg

qumran_sundial_82.jpg

qumran_sundial_18.jpg

עָרְמֶּ֑ךָ

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟115,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Pesach birekoth!

Todah rabah and the same to you and yours! During the night of remembrance the Master gave me this to eat:

qumran-sundial-1.png

And when I had consumed everything I understood that I was wrong, it is not a horizontal sundial, it is an equatorial or equinoctial sundial, which means it had to have been set on an angle facing due north from the vernal equinox to the autumnal equinox in order for it to read properly. It is not a circular calendar as Ken Johnson appears to be claiming, although I still haven't heard him make that claim openly, he seems to be basing much of what he offers upon that principle. The actual artifact has seventy spaces in the outer ring, thirty-five on the half side, and the inner ring appears to be the same but is much more broken up so I cannot tell for sure, especially from a mere photograph, but it does appear to be the same only smaller, and the markings are staggered to mark the half spaces in the outer ring, meaning they mark the half and sixth hours. Ken Johnson's drawings use these out ring markings for shmittah years and his circular calendar drawings only show twenty-five marker-lines in the outer ring, (ten spaces short of the reality shown in the stone artifact itself).

The reason I say halves and sixths is because the outer ring divides the day into twelve hours by dividing each hour into three parts. If you divide third parts into halves you get sixth parts, however, when it comes to the hours of the day, you are able to mark the half hour because three sixths make the half. Thus they marked the hours of the day in thirds and the half of that on the inner ring which marks the half hours of the day. This is like dividing the modern hour into twenty minute portions, third parts of the hour, and the sixth part would be the half hour, thirty minutes: and in fact, near the equinoxes twenty minutes would be true on this sundial but they would not have thought of it that way or spoken of it that way because the length of day changes throughout the year.

This artifact is surely a sundial, (despite the ridiculous hit piece in the BAS article "Bad Timing" where I found the above image file), and its proper orientation is just as seen in most of the image files found online, where the midday symbol on the inner ring is at the bottom of the dial just as in the image file shown above. In this manner, facing due north, the final portion or third part of the twelfth hour of the day overlaps the twilight portion which is therefore part of both night and day, (apparently they perceived twilight as an overlapping portion of the day and night). Thus the day is actually thirty six parts, that is, 3*12=36.

Having understood these things I drew it up in haste, and here it is, without leaven.

qumran-sundial.png

Whether you realize it or not, at the very least, you have just handed me another six months to a year of research, (Elohim is good).

Elohim is very good...
thinking-chuckle.gif

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,108,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
the twelfth hour of the day overlaps the twilight portion which is therefore part of both night and day,
I have either heard (on Youtube) or read (I can't remember which) that the Zadokite writings defining the division of day and night, when the sun is half way above the horizon. This would make sense in comparison to the early Qoph
1712177238657.png

I have not confirmed this with an actual manuscript reference.

On a side note, what's this?:
1712179397890.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0