TULSA
✟55,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have read corrie tan boons book and I have also read tortured for christ.
A more severe test is reading charles chiniquoy fifty years in the church. He pulls no punches about revealing who has caused and continues causing the wars, and martyring men, women and babies.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Philippians 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

Matthew 18:2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

1 Corinthians 15:31 I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't have those things.
Good that you are a overcomer. We can do all things though Christ who strengths us. We can put on the Mind of Christ as a born again believer. We put off our old way of thinking and put on the divine thoughts of God. The church I was in preached many many sermons on what it means to have the mind of Christ.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good that you are a overcomer. We can do all things though Christ who strengths us. We can put on the Mind of Christ as a born again believer. We put off our old way of thinking and put on the divine thoughts of God. The church I was in preached many many sermons on what it means to have the mind of Christ.
What is the mind of Christ? It dies and lives daily. It doesn't desire or have wealth or political ambition, care, worries, or fears. It suffers many afflictions. It's content in all situations and wants onky basis needs. It's simplistic not luxurious. It's somtimes confused or scared. It's what the apostles teach us. It's hated and rejected.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your excellent contributions to this thread @fhansen

I think our friends @MarkRohfrietsch @ViaCrucis @Shane R @prodromos @HTacianas @FenderTL5 @dzheremi and @chevyontheriver could also make a very interesting contribution to this thread, from a Traditional Theology perspective, since I believe the OP’s view of ecclesiastical tradition is misguided.
I don't expect applause, respect or love. I follow Jesus and his apostles. They were despised, rejected, scorned and mocked.

I don't need approval by you or anyone. Your dislike actually strengthens me it seems..

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your excellent contributions to this thread @fhansen

I think our friends @MarkRohfrietsch @ViaCrucis @Shane R @prodromos @HTacianas @FenderTL5 @dzheremi and @chevyontheriver could also make a very interesting contribution to this thread, from a Traditional Theology perspective, since I believe the OP’s view of ecclesiastical tradition is misguided.
Luke 6:22 Blessed are you when men hate you, And when they exclude you,
And revile you, and cast out your name as evil, For the Son of Man’s sake.

23 Rejoice in that day and leap for joy!
For indeed your reward is great in heaven,
For in like manner their fathers did to the prophets.

Isaiah 66:Hear the word of the Lord,

You who tremble at His word:
“Your brethren who hated you,
Who cast you out for My name’s sake, said,
‘Let the Lord be glorified,
That we may see your joy.’
But they shall be ashamed.”

2 CORINTHIANS 10:12 For we dare not number ourselves, or compare ourselves, with some who commend themselves. For in measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, they are not wise.

1 Corinthians 4:10 We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! 11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12 We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13 when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
b02045dbf8aeb096d52cf2521b61d309.jpg

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟490,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't expect applause, respect or love. I follow Jesus and his apostles. They were despised, rejected, scorned and mocked.

I don't need approval by you or anyone. Your dislike actually strengthens me it seems..

Hey there, I never said I dislike you, and as a matter of fact, I don’t dislike you. Far less do I despise you. And I have certainly not rejected, scorned, or mocked you.

Rather, I like you, and I have no idea why you would think that I dislike you. I have never told you anything to that extent. I also have given at least one of your posts a positive rating.

I might be an advocate of tradition, but that does not mean that I dislike those who disagree with me. Rather, I feel inspired by the Holy Spirit to love everyone. I would hope that you might reciprocate my love, even though we might hypothetically disagree about the role of tradition in the church.

So forgive me, I don’t mean to take away your source of strength, but the reality is that I don’t dislike you at all.

Actually this scenario reminds me of an incident that occurred when I was in kindergarten. There was a blonde girl named Kate, who I did not know very well at all, who one day, while we were standing in line for lunch, came over and punched me. It did not hurt. It was surprising. Later she explained she was flirting with me in a kindergarten playground sort of way, which was also amusing. For whatever reason, throughout all of elementary school, I always had a girlfriend, but obviously we never kissed, because that would have been gross.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟490,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Well, I for one am not laughing at you. I am afraid you will have to find someone else to persecute you, because it is not going to be me. Much as I hate to disagree with you, but seriously, I have no axe to grind with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You gave me hope when I was broken
You took me in when I was forsaken

I'm alone, and i have only my Lord
Only you can save me. You're my shield and sword

In you alone, I find peace, and my foot finds rest
Who can condemn me? Not one is righteous

Where is the teacher and the wise man? He is a fool
He lives in simplicity by a golden rule

Help me see and meditate on you.
You are the light of life, and you are true

Help me to understand and obey
Your law is on my heart, and thus, i pray

If i fail, please forgive and help your servant
My heart is contrite and fervent

I am thankful for the lamp that you lit
And you are a warm fire for my weary spirit

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.