✟843,174.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Admin Hat...

This thread is a proposal thread and since two members have agreed to engage in a debate only they an myself will be allowed to post in this thread.

Once the debate commences a "Peanut Gallery" thread will be set up where everyone who is not formally debating will be able to discuss and debate this topic among themselves.

The thread has been cleaned of off topic posts and further off topic posts by those outside of the formal debate will also be deleted and may be reported and actioned for violation of the off topic rule.

Mark
CF Admin

Upvote 0

TrevorL

Aug 20, 2004
Lake Macquarie NSW
✟56,943.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings again Mark,
I'm thinking a few mini debates within the context of the whole.

How would you feel about Part 1 being Creation and Adam and Eve; say three rounds (three posts) each, post size limit of however many words you can squeeze into one single post.
Part 2; Creation to the Exodus, Part three, David and the Prophets.

Once these are complete, then each of you would get a closing statement; possibly without a word limit.

Each of these three round debates could be extended by mutual consent if more ground needs to be covered.

All of this would occur within the one debate thread, unless you two chose to have a separate thread for each.

I think, the way it's proposed, a series of small debates would maintain focus a bit better.:)
That would be an interesting scenario, but I am only willing to commit to one debate, covering the whole range of the Bible with ultimate focus on the greatest revelation of God in and through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ Hebrews 1:1-2. If there is a later subdivision of the parts then the debate could be open to others, or between BLTN or myself if I consider it beneficial and feel adequate to meet the difficulty. I am very uncertain of what BLTN will present in this first encounter. A follow up then would depend on the outcome of this first overall debate. If BLTN and Mark could find someone else to do the smaller debates first, then I will happy to be an observer. I could Post some of my material later on a forum and all could then participate.

Kind regards
Trevor

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟843,174.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Sorry again. I must confess, it's me that has held things up. I am in the process of finding another staff member to run this forum. Admin Duties have been eating up my time, as has work, as has Night School. I must get at this tomorrow; however if I get back from school early tonight, I will set this up for you guys.

Send me a PM if I fail to do as promised!

Again, I am sincerely sorry!:blush::sorry:

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟843,174.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Quote function is not working for me today either:doh::doh::doh:

Could you please clarify “a post is approved and made visible”, as I am unaware how a Post is entered in a debate thread. Will the preview provision still work, so that formatting can be properly checked?

Kind regards
Trevor

Trevor, Moderated means that you post can only be seen by staff; staff review it and approve it, at which time it becomes visible. If there is anything untoward in the post, we will contact you about doing an edit. No reports, no staff actions, just good debate!

I hope this helps.:)

I'm closing this thread now; if you post and it takes more than one day, send me a PM, if I don't approve it, contact any member of staff, they can review and approve posts as well.

Happy posting!

Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.