Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However, it is a great leap to think that they hear all of the innumerable prayers addressed to them simultaneously. In order to do that, they would need to be gods or, at the very least, demi-gods.
You're assuing that those in Heaven are bound by time as we are. I don't think so.

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Of course they have knowledge that people pray. I doubt they thought that people stopped praying after they themselves died.
Not "that people pray". Duh! But they're offering prayers, aren't they?

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,737,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not "that people pray". Duh! But they're offering prayers, aren't they?
Yes. But there’s nothing that says that they were prayed to.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,189,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And you assume that the saints cease to be human and have human characteristics.
No, unless you believe that putting on Christ causes you to cease to be human. Do you?

• Winner
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
No, unless you believe that putting on Christ causes you to cease to be human. Do you?
Whether or not I wish to be human is actually immaterial. It is God who decided to create humanity in His image and it is God who will raise all of humanity from the grave(s).

Upvote 0

JoeT

Oct 5, 2020
Southern U.S.
✟107,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Whether or not I wish to be human is actually immaterial. It is God who decided to create humanity in His image and it is God who will raise all of humanity from the grave(s).
Universal Salvation? That was declared a heresy in 553 AD at the Second Council of Constantinople.

JoeT

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Universal Salvation? That was declared a heresy in 553 AD at the Second Council of Constantinople.

JoeT
Please note that all humans will be raised physically from the grave (unless you happen to disagree with the Nicene Creed, not to mention the Bible). At the final judgment there will be those on Christ's right hand who will enter into heaven and those on Christ's left hand who will be cast into the lake of fire which burns forever and ever (cf. Matthew 25).

Upvote 0

JoeT

Oct 5, 2020
Southern U.S.
✟107,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Please note that all humans will be raised physically from the grave (unless you happen to disagree with the Nicene Creed, not to mention the Bible). At the final judgment there will be those on Christ's right hand who will enter into heaven and those on Christ's left hand who will be cast into the lake of fire which burns forever and ever (cf. Matthew 25).
The question was whether or not you are espousing Christ will raise all of humanity who are saved - this is called Universal Salvation.

JoeT

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The question was whether or not you are espousing Christ will raise all of humanity who are saved - this is called Universal Salvation.

JoeT
Yes, indeed, each and every saved individual will experience physical resurrection. In addition, each and every lost individual will experience physical resurrection and will stand before the Great White Throne of Judgement where their names will not be found in the Lamb's Book of Life.

Upvote 0

JoeT

Oct 5, 2020
Southern U.S.
✟107,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, indeed, each and every saved individual will experience physical resurrection. In addition, each and every lost individual will experience physical resurrection and will stand before the Great White Throne of Judgement where their names will not be found in the Lamb's Book of Life.
Let me try again. The response I entered into question if all humans are resurrected and saved as you stated in your prior post

JoeT

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Let me try again. The response I entered into question if all humans are resurrected and saved as you stated in your prior post

JoeT

Joe, I never said or even implied that. If you wish to find some heresy in me, then I recommend trotting out the anathemas promulgated in the Council of Trent.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely not!!. Jesus prayed to to the Godhead. Mary was earthly mother to Jesus. The saint's are servants of God. Christian people worship only God. Matthew chapter 26:39 to document Jesus prayed to Godhead. Jesus didn't pray to Mary.

Upvote 0

jamiec

Aug 2, 2020
Scotland
✟43,414.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Did Jesus read the Letters of St Paul, like a good Bible-reading Evangelical ?

Same kind of answer, for the same reason. If Catholics have no business praying to the BVM, "because Jesus never did" - the same reasoning means Evangelicals should not read St Paul's letters, "because Jesus never did" that either. Or is consistency in thinking an optional extra ?

Time and again, Evangelicals ask questions about what Catholics do, implying that they should not do it, while never noticing that they themselves behave in exactly the same way as the people whose religious practice they are criticising. Evangelicals criticise others, yet seem to have no capacity for self-criticism. Maybe that is why Evangelicals are heartily disliked, and not respected.

The Church encourages devotion to the BVM, and prays to her, and encourages Catholics to pray to her for her intercession with God; therefore, it is entirely safe, and is good and right and Christian, to pray to the BVM in the way the Church does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

concretecamper

I stand with Candice.
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟276,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If we are to model ourselves after Jesus Christ and imitate His life by doing what He did while He was alive, would praying to Mary be something we would do?
Why would God need her intersession?

• Winner
Upvote 0