Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
✟17,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Congrats all on getting your own forum; not sure if this will rectify the problems, and I can only see this as further division between those here and those welcome at OBOB, but here goes nothing.

I hope this place lives up to the expectations I have for it (not sure what those are, though).

I'll probably lurk a lot cause I don't know theology all that well, though I think I have a decent understanding of Catholicism.

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I'll probably lurk a lot cause I don't know theology all that well, though I think I have a decent understanding of Catholicism.

Welcome Loki!!!:wave:

Loki, we are laypeople...not priests or deacons. We do not have theology degrees (most of us). We are in no way claiming that our views have an authority of their own...at least on this sub-forum. If any thing that I say or we say causes doubt in a Cathloic, it can only be because the question has a merit all its own- NO MATTER WHO SAYS IT!

We are not trying to start a church, religion or disparage another's faith- we are only attempting to start discussions and topics within already existing religious bodies.

Welcome!!!

Upvote 0

Loki

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
✟17,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just so gunshy from OBOB people, I suppose.

It looks like this forum will be a much needed sanctuary for the internet in general, as I haven't found a place for non-hardcore traditionalist Catholics yet. The priest with whom I've been meeting for the past few months certainly sounds nothing like most the regulars at OBOB, and I'd like to think that that part of the Church is alive and well, also.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.