"Word of Faith" -- is it true or false doctrine?

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
eat job on defining the classic 'positive confession' bondage. Atta boy.

Do you believe this in other areas of your life as well? I mean if you were to get the Oscar Mayer wiener song stuck in your head and started singing it (you know, "I wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener, that is what I'd really like to be"), would you be concerned that either you'd wake up one day as a 6-foot frankfurter, or at least with the overwhelming urge to slather ketchup all over your body?
Ha!

No, actually, you're preaching the "ditch" version. It's not whatever 'we" want it to be (even if that is what I'd truly like to be!).

No! We're talking about a submitted believer, yielding his tongue, wanting to partake of the precious promises. Believing in them, confessing them. Literally planting them in his heart. Believing they're his when anyone can look around and not see any evidence of them.

It's like saying, "The Joy of the Lord is my strength", when you feel like crap. It's laying hold of the spiritual reality. Of course, if you're slugging a brew down, watching the Simpsons, a different reality is at work.

It's about not having a froward mouth. Everyone gets into jesting. There's a place for it, but you can tell inwardly if you move off center. Like highway driving in Texas, you get too close to the shoulder, you might hear a rumble of the grooves they put in there to remind you you're heading toward the ditch.

Of course people can lay around and just believe the Lord will drop it on you if He wills it.

It's not about "positive visualization" or any other mumbo jumbo. It's keeping your eye on the ball and walking in this world in the Heavenly places.

I don't claim to have it down, but we're putting 'on paper' what these things really are (not the baggage you quickly resorted to). Do you think it sounds reasonable and scriptural? If not, please tell me why not?

Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The books were ebooks. They are on a portable drive that I moved earlier.

I did mention the year in one of my posts of at least one of them. I don't want to offend you, but It really depends on why you want the "data". If it's just "data", it's meaningless, and not worth the effort. If you're just going to make slightly more "accurate" your gripe list of Hagin's "manure" you say the spirit told you, then I prefer to abstain. It would much simpler for you to cross those off your list, entirely. In fact, you can examine doctrines presented in the books without a list.

If only the page numbers have changed, I will note the new locations and add that even after all this time and after many well-known criticisms, Kenneth Hagin Ministries has made no corrections.

If they have made corrections with no explanation, I will note that newer editions have been amended, but that Kenneth Hagin Ministries has included no mention of the fact.

If they have made corrections and offered explanations, I will add those explanations to my notes.

As for the rest of what you wrote -- Not really the concise definition I requested, but that's ok. As I posited earlier, that may not be within your natural communication style.

A few questions:

Do regard any or all of the following to be "proof-texts" for proper "confession"? -- Mark 11:22-24; Rom. 10:9-10; Rom. 4:17; Rom. 4:19

You have given the impression that you believe the several recorded instances where "Jesus healed all" establish a norm, that is, it is always His will to heal all that come to Him. There are no recorded cases in which Jesus sent people away with active symptoms and told them to continue confessing they were already healed. There are very few cases where Jesus sent people away with active symptoms and those people were not fully healed within a few hours at most. If the former is true, why does the latter not happen today? Since Jesus never chided any sick people for not having enough faith, but responded positively even to "Help my unbelief," but DID chide his anointed representatives for their lack of faith, could the reason be that most "Faith" preachers really don't have all that much faith?

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
As for the rest of what you wrote -- Not really the concise definition I requested, but that's ok. As I posited earlier, that may not be within your natural communication style.

Typically to "confess" is to "profess".
I added common WOF usage to it (as per the Word of God) because that is what we're looking for here, right? Court rooms are famous for yes or no answers, when the "whole truth" sometimes would be better served by explanations.

People try and catch people in a lie, or to be held to something they said, and they are imperfect men and women who sometimes give imperfect definitions.
Do regard any or all of the following to be "proof-texts" for proper "confession"? -- Mark 11:22-24; Rom. 10:9-10; Rom. 4:17; Rom. 4:19
And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Mark 11:22-24

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:9-10

(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
Romans 4:17

And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara's womb:
Romans 4:19

Why wouldn't they be? (I realize each one has it's own context with further meaing.) It's about hearing or having a revelation of the Word, not consideration the "reality" and very much like the Lord or God the Father, and "calling it", or believing and "confessing" it, or speaking and not doubting, but believing (what you're mirroring in your heart).

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Mark 11:22-24

...if...confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and ...believe in thine heart...
...with the heart man believeth unto...
...with the mouth confession is made unto
Romans 10:9-10

...I have made thee a father of many nations,)
...God...quickeneth...
...and calleth those things which be not
...as though they were.
Romans 4:17

...And being not weak in faith
...he considered not his own body now dead
...neither yet the deadness of Sara's womb:
Romans 4:19

If there is something implied wrongdoing with connecting confession and these verses, I'd like to know what it is.

...You have given the impression...
...where "Jesus healed all" establish a norm
...it is always His will to heal all that come to Him.
There are no recorded cases in which Jesus sent people away with active symptoms and told them to continue confessing they were already healed.
That's absolutely correct.

...If the former is true, why does the latter not happen today?
...Jesus never chided any sick people for not having enough faith,
...but DID chide his anointed representatives for their lack of faith...
...could...most "Faith" preachers really don't have all that much faith?
I'm sure in some cases, that is true. There is a spiritual "atmosphere" that God prepares in environments where He works. I believe Jesus prayed without ceasing (in a spirit of prayer). I believe intercession accomplished a lot of many miracles He worked. We also know that He fulfilled prophecy by doing these healing.

We know that whatever Jesus said in ministry, He heard. He had a clear picture of what God showed Him to do. His anointing was unmatched. I'm sure He also had an angelic company that moved like He'd like to move before us today, if we prayed without ceasing.

Jesus grew up without the stain of sin and the physical limitations we all no doubt possess as a result of it. He sometimes went off by Himself for hours praying, and I believe His biggest works followed those prayer sessions.

Faith can also be built by seeing miracles with the natural eye. If people were receiving them all around you, you'd be more likely to have great faith.

Jesus also wasn't "programmed" by the world, literally basking in unbelief. He had no "oppressions" and resisted the enemy throughout.

When a demonic stronghold oppressed someone, the discernment of spirits gift operated in His ministry. Many times this won't be the case. You could speculate why this is and blame it on the preacher, or even the church and whatever state of lack the local body is in. We really don't know.

When Jesus chided His disciples for being unable to cast out one devil, He said, "Howbeit, this kind only goes by prayer and fasting". If you walked "accurately", and the need arose, God could activate the gifting and delivered someone just like him.

Without it, he would likely minister by faith in Jesus' name and speak the Word. It might be that the minister lacks faith.

It's not about a "blame game". I know the baggage here about "blaming the person about not having enough faith". That gets enough mileage. You might not have ever even heard it for yourself, but you know it's been said, and that's enough to "put the faith people on hold" because it's not always my fault!" -- We will have to get over the mistakes of all of us, because we're all learning (you and me).

In some cases, it is the person coming forth who is at fault. I've heard of cases where the Spirit of God said a person wouldn't get filled or healed, because they were shacking up and repentance was needed first. You wouldn't know that without the word of knowledge or prophecy.

It might be where the receiver has "little faith", but comes forward to begin the process.

It might be both parties or even just the minister.

My personal belief is that we're ALL learning to hear and in this hearing and responding to that (which also takes faith), we're begin to get past the natural expectancy. He's using all of the circumstances in our lives (turned over to Him) to work out the greater glory (even in things He didn't order). He'll use them to bring you closer and that's where the healings take place -- closer to the Master.

One of my favorite Hagin booklets is "How to Write Your Own Ticket with God". In it, Jesus tells Hagin steps to use to be able to receive from God. It assumes you're hearing, because like the women with the issue of blood, "she heard" of Jesus. She responded to a revelation. (IMO), sometimes that revelation leads you to a road that takes you where you want to go. It's not an immediate thing, but with the eye of faith, you can declare in your heart/with your lips and if you don't doubt, and have the corresponding actions, you'll receive.

It's not "God in a vending machine". It's hearing God and seeing with the eye of faith, and then responding to that and walking out your sozo/soteria. It's God generated, man responding, and God corresponding (I think!)

People get in the ditch about this one too, being offended by the title. If people actually read these books like they were looking for a blessing, instead of some way to be offended, there's no telling what might take place!

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I was watching a Christian TV show where someone was using positive confession. She stated over and over out loud, "I have a beach-front Condo and it's all paid for" and it actually eventually became true, according to her testimony. This sounds like "Word of Faith" teaching. I noticed on this forum that Charismatic forum is split into Word of Faith (WOF) and non word of faith.

In recent years I have come to realize that the Charismatics/ Spirit Filled churches really do have more power from the Holy Spirit, after I started going to an Assemblies of God church 3 years ago. However I know about Word of Faith teachers on TV who are Charismatics but with a slightly different twist in their doctrine. That you can make positive confessions of faith (like the beach-front condo) and these confessions can come true, sort of like name it and claim it. I am wondering if it is false teaching or if it's true. I think Ken Haggin is WOF and he talks about speaking in tongues/ spirit baptism. I know that tongues is something real, but if Ken Haggin WOF, does that mean his teaching is from the devil? Also I have watched Joel Osteen and I know he teaches some false doctrine because he does not mention sin very much and one time I heard him say that 99.9% of people are good people and they have good hearts whereas the Bible says that the heart is deceitful and desperately wicked above all things.

This is similiar to the 'Positive Thinking', 'Vision Boards' and the 'Law of Attraction'.

Yes it works ....

Is it of God that we should be proclaiming everything we desire?

This is NOT specific to Christianity, this is a natural law of the universe.

They found something that works. They are using God's natural law. They can then live extravegent lifestyles and show God's people how to becoem who want to be constantly and consistently blessed.

However, is it God that's blessing you or is it you, using natural laws to bless yourself.

There are many self-help authors like Dwayne Dwyer who have been using these principles for years. This is considered New Age.

The Lord tells us to lean not on our own understanding, but to come to Him for all things. Shouldn't we be coming to the Lord for what we need?

These preachers know how to grow a church and make money, though. Guess they are attracting a lot of Christians through the natural laws of the universe and psychology who want what they're selling.

Do a little research on your own about these Televangelists and their lifestyles. How they run their churches (many like a business). They take in multimillions and use their highest budgets to recruit new members, they have marketing budgets, advertising budgets, 15 positions or more, none related to ministry.

ARTICLE

How Joel Osteen Inspires Millions

By Carmine Gallo November 07, 2007

Business leaders can learn a lot from the popular evangelist's uplifting style. Accentuating the hopeful empowers people to take action.

It's easy to spot Joel Osteen. The pastor of Houston's Lakewood Church has been featured on 60 Minutes, Larry King Live, Good Morning America, and other major network shows in addition to countless magazine and newspaper articles, mostly focusing on his new best seller, Become a Better You. The book was released in October with an initial printing of 3 million copies. Lakewood Church averages 47,000 attendees for Osteen's weekly services. Osteen has influence.

As a communications coach, I make observations on what makes a particular speaker inspiring to his or her listeners. The secret behind Osteen's charisma is this: He speaks the language of hope.

According to Osteen, "As parents, we can profoundly influence the direction of our children's lives by the words we say to them. I believe as husbands and wives we can set the direction for our entire family. As a business owner, you can help set the direction of your employees. With our words, we have the ability to help mold and shape the future of anyone over whom we have influence."

If that's the case, and I believe it is, then dwelling on the negative (for example, focusing on how "bad " things are, how the economy will ruin your business, etc.) will demoralize your listeners. Speaking in positive, optimistic language, however, will leave everyone inspired and energized by your presence.

Searching for Something to Believe In
The people around you want to be inspired. Your customers, employees, and co-workers are searching for someone and something to believe in. A recent USA Today/Gallup poll shows that 72% of Americans are "dissatisfied " with the way things are going in the U.S. You may not be able to change the national mood, but you most certainly have the ability to energize everyone in your sphere of influence.

Inspiring leaders speak the language of optimism. Joel Osteen is no exception. Osteen believes that the first 30 seconds of a conversation will determine the next hour, so he advises speakers to begin conversations with something positive to lower defenses and to create a connection with your listener. In Become a Better You, Osteen writes, "Your words have the power to put a spring in somebody's step, to lift somebody out of defeat and discouragement, and to help propel them to victory."

The other week while I was waiting at the airport, I saw a magazine cover featuring the best places to work in a particular city. The companies that led the competition offered employees perks like free beverages, on-site massage, and fitness rooms. All well and good, but the article was missing the point. Nobody ever jumps out of bed on Monday morning eager to work because they don't have to pay for a cup of coffee. It's nice, but it doesn't satisfy what Emerson described in his writing as "our chief want, someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be."

Fill the Emotional Tanks
Osteen realizes that listeners are hungry for words that reinforce a belief in a brighter future. I interviewed a high school coach who calls it "filling a person's emotional tank." In other words, by reinforcing what people do right and by painting a picture of how successful they could be if they improve in certain areas, you give them fuel that they can convert to energy in the workplace, at school, or wherever they need that extra dose of motivation. According to Osteen, "everywhere we go we should be making deposits—whether at the grocery store, ballpark, school, or office. Develop a habit of sowing good things into people's lives. Make it your business to help somebody else feel better about himself or herself. Encourage him in some way; make him feel important; help him to know that somebody cares."

Osteen also makes the point that you cannot hang out with negative people and expect to live a positive life. That's why we are uninspired by the presence of negative people. You may have a title that suggests "authority " over someone else—chief executive, manager, supervisor, director, teacher. But you will never be recognized as a true leader until you inspire people around you and make them feel confident about the future.

God Wants Me to Be Rich

Who will save us? Who will lift us up from crushing credit-card debt and resetting mortgage payments and impending foreclosure, from increasing gas prices and decreasing health-insurance coverage? We are a nation stumbling through our worst financial crisis in a generation and our worst housing market in a lifetime. And so we come, seeking gentle salvation, inspiring prayers, steadying words, soothing notions, and calming thoughts that will allow us to become, in Joel Osteen’s words, “victors, not victims.”
We are in Greensboro, North Carolina, making our way into the downtown arena through the hot, buggy air, to worship with the pastor who will save us, the man anointed, by one of his congregants, as “Reverend Feelgood.” Sixteen thousand will file in this evening, as have millions more to coliseums, concert venues, and baseball stadiums around the country—all, in a way, his churches. (View a slideshow that tallies the budgets of some of the biggest churches.)

We are a diverse, representative swath of troubled America: families struggling under debt, husbands and wives seeking reconciliation, young couples on first dates, children dragged by pious grandparents who promise them popcorn and BibleMan action figures. It is religion as escapism, criticized throughout the Bible Belt as “Christianity lite” or “prosperity gospel.” But this murmuring crowd, slouching toward a kinder, gentler salvation, is a more telling indicator of the state of our union than consumer durables purchased or capital goods ordered. Unemployment they know; they don’t need to wait for the Bureau of Labor Statistics to publish a monthly number. O, but come to Joel, lift your hands to Jesus, banish your negative thoughts, and you can find in these dark times a beacon.

If, in this country, there is great hurting, then Osteen is here to soothe that suffering. He does not wish that pain on any of us, and the sight or thought of it will bring forth from him great torrents of tears—his eyes clamped shut, his fingers pressed into narrow eye sockets, his lips pulled back over pink gums as he grimaces. The crying has become a visual touchstone of an Osteen sermon, the born-again equivalent of James Brown’s pre-encore collapse from “exhaustion.”

Joel feels our pain and has made himself wealthy (reportedly earning $13 million for his last book advance alone) and his church prosperous ($75 million and counting in annual revenue) by urging us to let go of it, to turn it over to God, to accept God’s favor so that we may be as prosperous as Joel.

There was always a strain of American Puritanism that pointed to Scripture as justification for asserting that wealth is somehow godly. But ever since evangelical Christianity separated from the mainline faiths in the early 20th [bless and do not curse]century, some preachers have gone further and linked their focus on personal piety to financial success. The big-tent revivals of the 1930s promised the dust-bowl destitute the possibility of finding Jesus and their next meal just by listening to a fire-and-brimstone message. By the late 1970s and early 1980s, televangelists like Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart made prosperity gospel big business, capitalizing on that era’s economic uncertainties to win over a new generation of acolytes, before those ministries were brought down by scandal.

Osteen is one of a new breed of televangelists—Joyce Meyer, T.D. Jakes, and Creflo Dollar are also rising stars—who are preaching a less sanctimonious, more inclusive message. His church is in that part of the economy that thrives in troubled times, that can count on full pews when wallets are empty and an ever more receptive audience if we do go into a full-on recession.

Osteen hasn’t necessarily tailored his message for the downturn. Instead, he has continued his feel-good preaching, his exhortations to focus on the positive and banish negative thoughts, his reminders that God wants you to have a good job, a beautiful home, and decent cash flow. His vast ministry has become, in effect, shelter from the storm. “God wants you to have a big life,” Osteen reminds his flock. “That is his blessing. God has a big dream for your life.”

We live in a time of miraculous congregations. Osteen’s Lakewood Church, in Houston, is the largest in the United States, with 45,000 regular weekly attendees and 7 million more tuning in. His television show is the most-watched inspirational program in America and is seen in 100 countries around the world. He has sold 7 million copies of his two books, Your Best Life Now and Become a Better You. Podcasts of his sermons are downloaded 4.5 million times a month. He preaches to more than 15,000 people at a time in the basketball arena turned sanctuary that is Lakewood Church. His pulpit stands near the spot where Hakeem Olajuwon helped the Houston Rockets win two consecutive N.B.A. titles. But the Rockets, who have since moved across town, never put as many people in the seats as Osteen does.

Osteen will tell you that his success is a result of God’s favor, that his message is God’s message, and that all that he has achieved is a blessing from God. Clearly, he is more than just an inspiring pastor; he is also a master marketer and—pardon me for saying this, Joel—a damn good chief executive.

MORE: upstart.bizjournals.com/executives/features/2008/07/16/Megachurch-Preacher-Joel-Osteen.html?page=all

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
That's pretty ugly. Buzzards usually wait until there is a corpse before they eat the dead. But that's not Joel at all. But the implied wicked heart condition by fleecing everyone into having hope, that is the fodder of buzzards.

The report of the world really doesn't have any place here. "Reverend Feelgood"?

I'd rather have someone preaching hope than have someone present something good as being evil. The world of suspicion seems to be looking out for everyone, but in fact its fruit is rotten. You would do well not to associate with it or to allow it to be sown into you.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

The major (and there are a lot of major problems), major problem is that he doesn't preach about sin.

Until we realize that our sin is what separates us from God and that we need Salvation, from that sin through Jesus Christ, we cannot reconcile ourselves back to God.

All the positive thinking in the world or anything else we could do never atones for our sin.

It's interesting to note though how many people desire this type of teaching, 'Dr. Feelgood' has the largest church in the US.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Joel is not my servant.

I once read a prophetic word where God talked about certain preachers preaching "comfortable" messages.

I relayed this to someone at church and suggested Joel as a possibility. I got a "zero" from the Holy Spirit. I don't think it's appropriate to poke at God's servants. If we had hired them, then we might have some say, but as it is, it's "religious politics".

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Why don't many WOF'ers who believe and confess God's promises thousands of times yet appear to not receive the blessings they longed for? Because such dear WOF'ers refuse to acknowledge their unworthiness.
I really think it is a mistake to conject why people (specifically) do not get healed. Short of the Lord telling you, or bearing witness at the same time words go forth,
you just don't know,. You can point the finger at so many things. Obviously there are reasons, such as has been discussed many times over.

The whole "confessing the Word"
many times is about staying in agreement, renewing the mind, and replying to the enemy.

In every conversation we've been privy to from someone hearing the Holy Spirit, I have yet to hear even one case where the Lord said anything about not declaring ourselves unworthy. It's really not about us anymore. I think that is a vital component in the humility issue.

I think seeing ourselves in the proper light (our natural self as well as our being "in Christ" is part of the fear of the Lord. People either do or they don't. It's not something you can judge (usually) and there is so much more to the fear of the Lord than looking at yourself, or seeing yourself the correct way.

The fear of the Lord is about hearkening to His ways, considering and giving weight to what He has said and is saying. If you're walking in the proper and holy fear of the Lord, there should be no reason at all (IMO) to even look at yourself.

I think the reason why some healings are slow or not coming to birth, is not because people are doing the Word (i.e., like confession), but rather because they're not fully walking in the fear of the Lord. There are things that are being left undone.

Having said that, I don't think the Lord wastes any circumstances. He can even use your desert time, or wait until you're tired of waiting or coming to the end of yourself, or finally getting sick of being sick. I think sometimes it is all part of the equation.

Educating yourself and building yourself up in the Word is part of being an overcomer.
Of course we can't leave the other stuff undone.

I know we're to acknowledge righeousness (as just part of the Word), but apart from WOF even, I don't see the "unworthy" thing as a big issue. Of course we're unworthy, that seems to go without saying. If you ever thought for even a moment that you (apart from the Lord) were worthy, you'd be like a fruitless Pharisee (praying with yourself).

You're entitled to your opinion, but I really believe that it's about forgetting about yourself
(considering yourself dead, and dead men do not have worthiness or even a sense of unworthiness) and looking to Him.

Surely the proper fear of the Lord sees Him high and lifted up and acknowledging the unity that is by grace.

If God gives grace to the humble, then to receive grace seems to imply humility is present.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1) Quote; "In every conversation we've been privy to from someone hearing the Holy Spirit, I have yet to hear even one case where the Lord said anything about not declaring ourselves unworthy":

IMHO Brother, regarding people's experiences and heavenly visions over & above the word of God is at the root of the problem as seen in the quoted statement. IMHO, I think you have to get rid of this foundational problem.

2) Quote: "The whole "confessing the Word" many times is about staying in agreement, renewing the mind, and replying to the enemy":

But grace is given to the humble. Kindly remember that even those who know not about our faith confessions & doctrines receive great victories from the Lord.

3) Quote: "It's really not about us anymore. I think that is a vital component in the humility issue":

If the issue is not about us anymore, who is going to kneel, prostrate, lay crown and worship the Son of God? It is "we", of course.

4) Quote: "The fear of the Lord is about hearkening to His ways, considering and giving weight to what He has said and is saying":

But grace is given to the humble. Fear of the Lord does not circumvent humility.

5) Quote: Educating yourself and building yourself up in the Word is part of being an overcomer":

As you know, grace is not given to the educated but to the humble. Does circumventing the foundational necessity called humility constitute building up in His word?

6) Quote: "Of course we're unworthy, that seems to go without saying":

IMHO, I think it is not so because it is well built into the WoF SoF #2, that we ought not to consider ourselves as unworthy new creatures!

7) Quote: '(considering yourself dead, and dead men do not have worthiness or even a sense of unworthiness) and looking to Him":

With humility, I think you might like to consider that it is our old man that is crucified and dead, not the new man. If we are dead altogether and do not have a new spirit, that is a new man, how could we prostrate before the Son of God to worship Him? I request you humbly to not mix pantheism with Christian Philosophy.

8) Quote: "If God gives grace to the humble, then to receive grace seems to imply humility is present":

If His grace has been received, why do we hear thousands of faith confessions of our dear WoF Brethren including prominent faith Teachers whom I respect GREATLY in the Lord (from whom I've learnt faith), remain in sickness and keep them secret too, dear Brother? Isn't it time for some humble introspection on our part, including me, a nothing (2 Cor 12: 11), though I am an ordained minister of His word and preach WOF? GBU greatly.

WOW. This post gives me great hope for WoF! :clap:

Well said, brother! I hope those in error will listen to you and to those admonishing likewise!
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I said: "In every conversation we've been privy to from someone hearing the Holy Spirit, I have yet to hear even one case where the Lord said anything about not declaring ourselves unworthy":
IMHO Brother, regarding people's experiences and heavenly visions over & above the word of God is at the root of the problem as seen in the quoted statement.IMHO, I think you have to get rid of this foundational problem.

As you know (certainly in WOF teachings), the primacy of the Word of God is considered absolute. At the same time (and as a result of know this), the Holy Spirit continues to speak. I'm referring to the modern day speaking of the Spirit of God, in a personal way as to bear witness either to what is said in the inner man, or by others (as real truth, not a "root problem"), enables us to look at things that enable us from being swayed by the winds of deception.

Of course, we compare to the Word of God. This is "building on the foundation", not a foundational problem.

This works both ways too. The lack of the Holy Spirit pointing to "revelations" like the "Book of Enoch" is very telling too.
But grace is given to the humble. Kindly remember that even those who know not about our faith confessions & doctrines receive great victories from the Lord.

That's true. Anyone who moves in step with the Lord will know victory in their life. Have you noticed how often the "I'm unworthy" thing appears either in WOF or non-WOF? Yet victories come as in any believer, because they (presumably) walk in the fear of the Lord. That is the key to humility.

I said: "It's really not about us anymore. I think that is a vital component in the humility issue":
If the issue is not about us anymore, who is going to kneel, prostrate, lay crown and worship the Son of God? It is "we", of course.
Of course it will be us (the new man). It's the new man who's gong to rise up (not the old unworthy man). There is a perception (that you seem to be personifying) that you lack humility if you don't acknowledge unworthiness. Neither a high nor low road is the goal. That means we don't look to the old man, neither do we acknowledge our own abilities. That leaves the straight and narrow way looking at the throne, where only HIS worthiness is considered.
But grace is given to the humble. Fear of the Lord does not circumvent humility.
Again, the fear of the Lord HAS humility in it. How would it not? Can you say that ANYONE walking in the fear of the Lord is not also walking in humility? Is there a way to split the two (and "circumvent") it? Certainly not. I still think it is wrong to imply that people who do not state "unworthiness" lack humility.

I said: Educating yourself and building yourself up in the Word is part of being an overcomer":u
As you know, grace is not given to the educated but to the humble. Does circumventing the foundational necessity called humility constitute building up in His word?

Being "built up" or "educated" is a renewal process (ongoing) that the new man does (putting aside the old concerns). It assumes the fear of the Lord (of which I would like to point out has humility in it).

Look at all of the prayers in the psalms or even the New Testament. How many of those have the "I'm unworthy" in them? We do acknowledge the righteousness of the Lord (and thus our righteousness by faith). That's the whole point of the WOF acknowledgment of this. It's about rising up in the new (in the fear of the Lord), not looking back and acknowledging the old man.

"Lord, teach us to pray",
You say that it is not an inclusive instruction, yet you notice as an answer to that question, not a word about "our worthiness" is mentioned. Would you be incline to assume that Jesus lacked the proper humility (of course not)?

I said:
"Of course we're unworthy, that seems to go without saying":

IMHO, I think it is not so because it is well built into the WoF SoF #2, that we ought not to consider ourselves as unworthy new creatures!
Is anyone really saying in the "Spirit Filled" section, that we are unworthy new creatures? I'd like to hear the answer to that! That IS what at issue here.

That's because "new creatures" aren't unworthy. The old creatures are unworthy. We can behave ourseleves unworthy. They Word (NT) says to walk worthy. Part of that is considering yourself (the dead old self) to be really DEAD. If he is dead (not JUST considered), then why include him into the equation again?
With humility, I think you might like to consider that it is our old man that is crucified and dead, not the new man. If we are dead altogether and do not have a new spirit, that is a new man, how could we prostrate before the Son of God to worship Him? I request you humbly to not mix pantheism with Christian Philosophy.

We're not dead "altogether". We do have a new spirit. That's the one who is a worshipper.

It's like the Catholics have said for drilled into their heads for decades: "Lord I am not worthy to receive you". That's in the Word, but as New Covenant believers, we ARE worthy to receive Him BECAUSE of what Jesus did. That's the added value of telling you what Jesus told Kenneth Hagin. "Get up! You are worthy because of (what I did)." Are you saying that you do not bear witness to the testimony of Brother Hagin in this instance?" It does kind of lay to rest the whole unworthy thing (but only for the new man). Do you see that "revelation" as contributing to a "foundational problem"?

So, as a kind of "false humility", the Catholics continually state: "Lord I am not worthy", looking at the old man. They ARE worthy if they repent and believe. It's time to rise up (in humility) and agree by faith. Not just WOF people. That IS the Word of God. The plain assumption that we don't first point at the old man and say "I'm unworthy" as lacking humility cannot be assumed. Proper fear of the Lord has humility in it (otherwise it would not be the beginning of wisdom).
If His grace has been received, why do we hear thousands of faith confessions of our dear WoF Brethren including prominent faith Teachers whom I respect GREATLY in the Lord (from whom I've learnt faith), remain in sickness and keep them secret too, dear Brother? Isn't it time for some humble introspection on our part, including me, a nothing (2 Cor 12: 11), though I am an ordained minister of His word and preach WOF? GBU greatly.

Again, it is not for us to say why certain people (even faith people) suffer sometimes from illness or disease. If we understand that we are in a warfare and that often this is the case, then is it not agreeing with the complaints of so many "non-WOF" people who believe WOF people insist that it is through a "lack of" (usually faith) that they suffer? Is it not because of warfare? Is this not the "finger of accusation' to speculate that they "lack".

Of course if the door is left open, then it doesn't matter how much faith you've walked in, you're not fully walking in the fear of the Lord, and that is (at least topically) the problem.

1) You have "coupled" the whole lack of saying "I'm unworthy" thing with NOT being humble, and

2) Now connecting this with believers
(not getting healed) with not being humble and for their lack of admission of this.

As far as their "secret" (ilness), why do you feel it important to speculate on why they are under attack? Why also, do you connect it so insistently with lack of humility?

If you followed the call of the Lord to preach healing and faith (in addition to the rest of the Word), why would you go forth and declare your infirmity?

The whole "WOF" thing on acknowledging sickness, is not that 'you'e not sick' (if you really are), it's denying its right to afflict you.

But if a door is left open (giving it a right), then this is the cause (not doctrinal problems in the atonement).
But nowhere in the Word does it state that "I'm unworthy" equates with lack of humility. It merely states to humble yourself in the fear of the Lord.

Isn't that the real argument here? Whether you have to point to this first? If you know your place in the covenant, you should have proper humility. Not knowing the heart condition, is it really for us to judge ministers, or any believers who battle sickness or illness?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I am taking this definition from Wikipedia so we are all in agreement on what WOF teaches and believes. I believe that it is necessary to have a starting point to base our conversations off of.

I hope that me putting up this definition is not offensive to anyone. I don't want you to feel you have to defend your faith, I just want a knowledge of the beliefs.

Word of Faith from Wikipedia

Word of Faith is a worldwide Christian movement that teaches Christians can access the power of faith or fear through speech. Its distinctive teachings are found on the radio, internet, television, and in many Christian churches. It shares some similarities with Pentecostal and charismatic believers. The basic doctrine preached is that of wealth and health through positive confession.

The Word of Faith movement has many distinctive teachings including physical, emotional, financial, relational, and spiritual healing or prosperity for any who has the right belief filled confession. The movement emphasizes choosing to speak the promises and provisions that the speaker wants, as an act of faith and agreement with God's plans and purposes. They believe this is what Jesus meant in Mark 11:22-23, when he said believers shall have whatsoever they say and pray with faith. The term word of faith itself is derived from the biblical passage Romans 10:8 which speaks of "the word of faith that we preach.

The concept of a blood covenant is relevant to the Word of Faith movement. A blood covenant is a contract that binds two parties together as one "blood", or family, and pledges them to the mutual interest and prosperity of one another. This kind of covenant would be symbolized by a "covenant cut" and the spilling of blood, for example with circumcision in Genesis 17:10. In Genesis 17, a covenant is established by God with Abram and his descendants, the future Israel. God pledges himself to the well-being of Israel including protection from violence, sickness, poverty (which meant overall financial prosperity), etc. In return Israel was expected to "fully obey" and pledge itself to the interests and service of God; for example, in blessing the nations in Genesis 12:3. The movement considers that Christians are heirs to that covenant by identification with Abraham's descendants through Jesus Christ in Galatians 3:29.

The Word of Faith teaches that complete healing (of spirit, soul, and body) is included in Christ's atonement and therefore is available here and now to all who believe. Frequently cited is Isaiah 53:5, "by his stripes we are healed", and Matthew 8:17, which says that Jesus healed the sick so that "it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the Prophet, 'Himself took our infirmities, and bore our sicknesses'."

Because Isaiah speaks in the present tense ("we are healed"), Word of Faith teaches that believers should accept the reality of a healing that is already theirs. Accepting this healing is done by confessing the verse or verses found in the Bible declaring they are healed (i.e. Word of Faith) and then believing them fully without doubt. It is not an act of denying the pain, sickness, or disease, but an act of denying its right to supersede the receiving of the gift mentioned in Isaiah 53:5.[12] According to adherents, sickness is an attempt by Satan to rob believers of their divine right to total health.[13]

Word of Faith teaching holds that God wants his people to be financially prosperous, as well as have good health, good marriages and relationships, and to live generally prosperous lives. Word of Faith teaches that God empowers his people (blesses them) to achieve the promises that are contained in the Bible. Because of this, suffering does not come from God, but rather, from Satan. As Kenneth Copeland's ministry has stated, the idea that God uses suffering for our benefit is considered to be "a deception of Satan" and "absolutely against the Word of God." Additionally, if someone is not experiencing prosperity, it is because they have given Satan authority over their lives. God will not do anything at all unless the person invites him to.

It is argued that Jesus and the apostles were financially wealthy, owning homes, having monetary resources and businesses.

The following arguments have been offered for this claim:

* Jesus' ability to travel without apparently working to earn a living for three years
* References by Jesus and the apostles to owning homes
* Jesus had a treasurer (Judas Iscariot)
* Jesus consorting with the upper echelons of society
* The businesses that each of the apostles apparently owned/worked in

This is contrary to the traditional view of Jesus, who is often viewed as being a poor, wandering teacher.[20] Based on the concept that Jesus and his apostles were arguably wealthy, as well as the historical examples of his people having great wealth, and the promises for financial prosperity throughout the Old and New Testaments, Word of Faith proponents teach that modern believers also have access to the "blessing" and may also become financially wealthy.[21] Teachers like Kenneth Copeland assert the Prosperity Gospel is validated by the teachings of the Apostle John: "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth" (3 John 2). Copeland posits that “as the seeds of prosperity are planted in your heart, in your will and in your emotions...they eventually produce a great financial harvest."

Within Word of Faith teaching, a central element of receiving from God involves "confession". This doctrine is often referred to as "positive confession" or "faith confession" by practitioners. Noted Word of Faith teachers, such as Kenneth E. Hagin and Charles Capps, have argued that God created the universe simply by speaking it into existence (Genesis 1), and that humans have been endowed with the ability (power) to speak things into existence. Thus, making a "positive confession" (by reciting a promise of scripture, for example), and believing that which God says, generates power which enables those things to come into fruition. This teaching is interpreted from Mark 11:22-23[bible 11]. Word of Faith preachers have likened faith to a "force".

Likewise, according to Word of Faith teaching, "negative confession" can yield negative results, and hence believers should be conscious of their words. This is argued on the interpretation of Proverbs 18:21[bible 12], "Life and death are in the power of the tongue, and they that love them will eat the fruit thereof", also Numbers 14:28[bible 13], "...saith the Lord, as you have spoken in my ears, so will I do", among other scriptures.
Critics and controversy[edit]

Additionally, many beliefs that the movement holds as essential are often criticised by some Christians as diverging from Christian orthodoxy. Christian author Robert M. Bowman, Jr. states that the word of faith movement is "neither soundly orthodox nor thoroughly heretical".

Baptist evangelist Justin Peters, an outspoken critic of the Word of Faith movement who wrote his Master of Divinity thesis on Benny Hinn and has appeared frequently as an expert on Word of Faith pastors in documentaries and TV news stories, traces the movement's origins to the late 19th and early 20th centuries"

Critics have also condemned the teachings on wealth, arguing that the Bible condemns the pursuit of riches.

The "health and wealth" teachings had been heavily criticized, with opponents arguing that Word of Faith teachers[who?] tend not to stress some scriptures warning against emphasis on material prosperity and telling of the importance of helping the poor.[citation needed]

John Piper points out that Christ warned the apostles that they would suffer great persecution[30] for the sake of his name (except John, all eleven, after Judas Iscariot, suffered martyrs' deaths). In a January 2006 sermon entitled "How our Suffering Advances the Gospel," Piper stated bluntly that "the prosperity gospel will not make anybody praise Jesus; it will make people praise prosperity."

Many Word of Faith teachers have sought to emphasize the full meaning of the believer's status as a child of God (through Christ) by using phrases such as "little gods" to describe them, a practice that has garnered some criticism from some other segments of the Christian community. Kenneth Hagin wrote that God "made us in the same class of being that he is himself," and that the believer is "called Christ" because "that's who we are, we're Christ!" According to Hagin, by being "born again", the believer becomes "as much an incarnation as Jesus of Nazareth". Hagin like Kenyon reasons that that humans are made in God’s image. Since God is spirit, then humans must essentially be spirit as well and ‘in God’s class’, and thereby ‘gods’. Kenneth Copeland says Adam was "not a little like God ... not almost like God ...",[36] and has told believers that "You don't have a God in you. You are one." Based primarily on the Psalms 82:6[bible 14], which says "I have said, Ye are gods and all of you, children of the Most High," this was also corroborated by Jesus making reference to this scripture in John 10:34[bible 15].[37] A common theme in Word of Faith preaching is that God created man as "an exact duplication of God's kind." (Hebrews 1:3[bible 16], John 14:12[bible 17], etc.)[38] In all of this, there is no argument of man's ability to exist and operate independently of God, but rather, the emphasis is on what the believer can become in God.[39]

Suffer the Children, a documentary highlighting some of the teachings of the Word of Faith movement, has a video clip of Creflo Dollar teaching the "little gods" doctrine to his congregation based on the notion that "everything reproduces after its own kind":
Dollar: "If horses get together, they produce what?"
Congregation: "Horses!"
Dollar: "If dogs get together, they produce what?"
Congregation: "Dogs!"
Dollar: "If cats get together, they produce what?"
Congregation: "Cats!"
Dollar: "So if the Godhead says 'Let us make man in our image', and everything produces after its own kind, then they produce what?"
Congregation: "gods!"
Dollar: "gods. Little "g" gods. You're not human. Only human part of you is this flesh you're wearing."
The promulgation of this teaching is one of the most contentious doctrines to its critics, who consider it heresy.

Many Evangelical critics have asserted that the "little gods" teaching is, in fact, cultic; Hank Hanegraaff, for example, contends the 'little gods' doctrine is on a par with the teaching of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and Jim Jones.[43] Justin Peters, whose first encounter with Word of Faith doctrine came at the age of 16 when a faith healer "slayed [him] in the spirit" in an attempt to cure his cerebral palsy, states in A Call for Discernment that the reason the Word of Faith movement holds so tenaciously to "health and wealth" tenets is because of the "little gods" teaching: "A god should never be sick, and a god should never be poor." In response, Word of Faith defenders have claimed the teaching is simply underscoring the biblical view of the believer's "true identity in Christ".

Critics, such as Christian apologist and CARM founder Matt Slick and Bible critique author W. Gary Phillips, believe referencing scriptures Psalms 82:6 and John 10:34, where it is said that men are gods, is using these Scriptures out of context. The biblical application of these verses is addressed to the Judges of Israel where they were called gods, not because they were divine, but because they represented the true and only God when they judged the people. The Hebrew and Greek words used in both Scriptures for "gods" can also be applied to magistrates and used to describe someone as "mighty".

I am not going to comment, but give the WOF people a chance to speak about their faith.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Just to answer a part of this. It might be stated that Wikipedia is a worldly presentation of data written by anyone meeting the submission criteria. It does not mean that everything it presents is the truth.

It's very profitable in many areas, but how can a secular offering (usually from in this case a "non-WOF" source) present the middle ground on the issue?

• ...Christians can access the power of faith or fear through speech.

• ...The basic doctrine preached is that of wealth and health through positive confession.
Personally, I think the "confession" thing is a bit overemphasized. Especially since it adherence to God's ways and Words that a believer will enjoy fruit and success. That means a lot more is taken into consideration than words! That is usually an outsider's perspective.

It DOES emphasize walking and receiving by faith.
So everything that has to do with doing this accurately is going to be embraced. The proper use of the tongue (as people made in God's image and likeness) is important. If you're believing God for something, why would you speak doubt?

Many people who visit Heaven and come back say the one thing that really strikes them is the total absence of fear. Their is a real "vibe" of fear and unbelief in this world. Everyone is molded by it (due to walking in the world's system). There is an expectation of the "natural man" to think along those lines; to expect difficulties and defeat.

No doubt the "god of this world" as he is referred to in the Word, peddles sin, sickness, lack, fear, and death. So the counterpart to those things are the Kingdom of God and it's good news!

Just as surely as you can ask God for something in your heart, you can use your mouth. One way to do that is to believe what God said about what is already yours. By agreeing with that, you're stating that as a believer, it is yours also.

So believing in and speaking forth the promises of God are important to walking in faith. Faith is not the "end-all". We exercise our faith by walking in love. If you don't have love, you don't expect God to bless you.

Really, as a first step to God's blessing, we must incline, adhere, and do the Word of God. That is your prescription for blessing. Your mouth is only part of that expression and obedience.

it's really kind of "bad taste" to put all of this emphasis on your mouth, because it's only to reflect what's in your heart. You can say all day long, and if the rest of your deeds don't line up, you won't walk in the blessing you desire.
...The Word of Faith movement has many distinctive teachings including physical, emotional, financial, relational, and spiritual healing or prosperity for any who has the right belief filled confession.
Jesus paid the complete price or was due to man when Adam sinned. He provided the way to every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places; and, all things that pertain to life and godliness.
The movement emphasizes choosing to speak the promises and provisions that the speaker wants, as an act of faith and agreement with God's plans and purposes.

That's ONE way to receive. It's not the only way.
You can touch your faith to the anointing in manifestation and do the same thing (usually a lot quicker). But the manifestation of the anointing comes in a time when He wills (probably a lot more than we think), but you can ALWAYS believe God for something by your personal faith (even without a manifestation of the anointing). He can also just "drop it on you". But rather than waiting at the Pool of Siloam to enter in, the Word of God is given to us in our lifetime.
...God pledges himself to the well-being of Israel including protection from violence, sickness, poverty (which meant overall financial prosperity), etc. In return Israel was expected to "fully obey" and pledge itself to the interests and service of God; for example, in blessing the nations in Genesis 12:3. The movement considers that Christians are heirs to that covenant by identification with Abraham's descendants through Jesus Christ in Galatians 3:29.
I believe you must be willing and obedient in the old and New Covenants to eat the good of the land. It's not just the "movement" that considers believers to be heirs. It's the Word of God.

Realistically, there is NO Word of Faith. It is living by Biblical precepts and walking (by faith) according to the Word. It is utilizing precepts of faith by those God sent to teach it. Not everyone agrees what that is, but such is common in the Body.
The Word of Faith teaches that complete healing (of spirit, soul, and body) is included in Christ's atonement and therefore is available here and now to all who believe.
It is considered to be a covenant privilege for your complete restoration.

Even in the Old Covenant, it was a one of God's benefits we're not supposed to forget.

The whole "wealth" thing, really is kingdom provision (abundance). It's for those who's heart is prepared. It's for those who receive their inheritance by faith, AND, it's for those who follow His instructions to walk it out (just like Joshua and company). Along the way, we're to know how to have lack and abundance. We learn not to trust in uncertain riches and not to set our heart upon them.

The important part is to be conformed to the image of Christ.
If the provision gets in the way, I'm sure He'll withhold it from you. But God provided Manna in the desert for His people and the same goes with New Covenant believers.

The WIKI thing presents WOF out of balance (ugly even to me!).
It's like everything depends on our mouth, which is just a part of the process. Everything depends on hearing and obeying (including how to use your tongue).

Overall, the whole "words" thing is presented (by non-WOF people) to be quite a bit overemphasized. We overcome by the Blood of the Lamb, AND the word of our testimony, and not love our lives to the death. It's about yielding your life to the Spirit of God, embracing the Blood Atonement, and walking in agreement with your whole being (including your tongue).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Just to answer a part of this. It might be stated that Wikipedia is a worldly presentation of data written by anyone meeting the submission criteria. It does not mean that everything it presents is the truth.

It's very profitable in many areas, but how can a secular offering (usually from in this case a "non-WOF" source) present the middle ground on the issue?

• ...Christians can access the power of faith or fear through speech.

• ...The basic doctrine preached is that of wealth and health through positive confession.
Personally, I think the "confession" thing is a bit overemphasized. Especially since it adherence to God's ways and Words that a believer will enjoy fruit and success. That means a lot more is taken into consideration than words! That is usually an outsider's perspective.

It DOES emphasize walking and receiving by faith.
So everything that has to do with doing this accurately is going to be embraced. The proper use of the tongue (as people made in God's image and likeness) is important. If you're believing God for something, why would you speak doubt?

Many people who visit Heaven and come back say the one thing that really strikes them is the total absence of fear. Their is a real "vibe" of fear and unbelief in this world. Everyone is molded by it (due to walking in the world's system). There is an expectation of the "natural man" to think along those lines; to expect difficulties and defeat.

No doubt the "god of this world" as he is referred to in the Word, peddles sin, sickness, lack, fear, and death. So the counterpart to those things are the Kingdom of God and it's good news!

Just as surely as you can ask God for something in your heart, you can use your mouth. One way to do that is to believe what God said about what is already yours. By agreeing with that, you're stating that as a believer, it is yours also.

So believing in and speaking forth the promises of God are important to walking in faith. Faith is not the "end-all". We exercise our faith by walking in love. If you don't have love, you don't expect God to bless you.

Really, as a first step to God's blessing, we must incline, adhere, and do the Word of God. That is your prescription for blessing. Your mouth is only part of that expression and obedience.

it's really kind of "bad taste" to put all of this emphasis on your mouth, because it's only to reflect what's in your heart. You can say all day long, and if the rest of your deeds don't line up, you won't walk in the blessing you desire.
Jesus paid the complete price or was due to man when Adam sinned. He provided the way to every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places; and, all things that pertain to life and godliness.

That's ONE way to receive. It's not the only way.
You can touch your faith to the anointing in manifestation and do the same thing (usually a lot quicker). But the manifestation of the anointing comes in a time when He wills (probably a lot more than we think), but you can ALWAYS believe God for something by your personal faith (even without a manifestation of the anointing). He can also just "drop it on you". But rather than waiting at the Pool of Siloam to enter in, the Word of God is given to us in our lifetime.
I believe you must be willing and obedient in the old and New Covenants to eat the good of the land. It's not just the "movement" that considers believers to be heirs. It's the Word of God.

Realistically, there is NO Word of Faith. It is living by Biblical precepts and walking (by faith) according to the Word. It is utilizing precepts of faith by those God sent to teach it. Not everyone agrees what that is, but such is common in the Body.
It is considered to be a covenant privilege for your complete restoration.

Even in the Old Covenant, it was a one of God's benefits we're not supposed to forget.

The whole "wealth" thing, really is kingdom provision (abundance). It's for those who's heart is prepared. It's for those who receive their inheritance by faith, AND, it's for those who follow His instructions to walk it out (just like Joshua and company). Along the way, we're to know how to have lack and abundance. We learn not to trust in uncertain riches and not to set our heart upon them.

The important part is to be conformed to the image of Christ.
If the provision gets in the way, I'm sure He'll withhold it from you. But God provided Manna in the desert for His people and the same goes with New Covenant believers.

The WIKI thing presents WOF out of balance (ugly even to me!).
It's like everything depends on our mouth, which is just a part of the process. Everything depends on hearing and obeying (including how to use your tongue).

Overall, the whole "words" thing is presented (by non-WOF people) to be quite a bit overemphasized. We overcome by the Blood of the Lamb, AND the word of our testimony, and not love our lives to the death. It's about yielding your life to the Spirit of God, embracing the Blood Atonement, and walking in agreement with your whole being (including your tongue).

Well thank you for your well thought out response. I'm going to give it some thought.

God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Quote: ""Word of Faith" -- is it true or false doctrine?":

Response:

Faith means believing and confessing the grace of God.

What is grace? It is the favor given by God to the unworthy.

So what to do to receive His grace? Believe and confess both the favor of God and our unworthiness.

Where is God's favor? God's favor is hidden in the approximately 7500 promises in His word.

Why to seek God's favor? Because it contains all blessings that we would ever need both for time and eternity.

So how to receive God's favor? By believing and confessing both our unworthiness and His favor contained in His promises.

Why to confess our unworthiness? Because God gives grace to the humble.

Why don't many WOF'ers who believe and confess God's promises thousands of times yet appear to not receive the blessings they longed for? Because such dear WOF'ers refuse to acknowledge their unworthiness.

Then why do you claim Word of Faith as your belief?

Your view is no different than those whomever we debate in this forum.

So now we get to either debate you or teach you our beliefs......

Choose one or the other.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Extra Biblical revelations...Considering them as necessary for the purpose of discounting His word is unbiblical.

I considered when Jesus told Brother Hagin to rise up and look upon Him because He was worthy; because of His Blood to not in anyway discount the Word of God. It keeps us from being swayed by deception. Next to Him we are nothing. I believe real fellowship with Him is to just see Him and forget about yourself.

Quote: “Is anyone really saying in the "Spirit Filled" section, that we are unworthy new creatures?”:
Why not look to His word rather than people for reference? Teach people based on His word and not based on what people do or do not do.
I don't see it in the scriptures where you can equate humility with unworthiness.

I said this because you seemed to imply wrongdoing in the WOF statement of faith. You'll find it prevalent in the charismatic realm to awake to righteousness. It's not saying that we consider ourselves as anything. Rather, it acknowledges what Jesus did. To do that is to humble yourself and enter through the door.

Even the account of throwing down your crowns does not mean we're unworthy. It means HE is worthy. We'd rather only consider HIm, and that will surely be the case in that day. It's not about us.
Is Christian life focused on receiving blessings or glorifying God? Can God be glorified without reference to our intrinsic unworthiness as a creature?
I guess we might see things differently, but I consider the real blessing of God to be to actually know His heart. People might go a long time without even thinking about ourselves when fellowshipping, and He is glorified.
Walk worthy means to walk humbly before the Lord because grace is given to the humble. This applies to the new man as well.

This whole thing goes back to looking at yourself and that being a mark of humility. I think to see it as He does to be proper humility. I can't imagine that any believer would lack humility or desire to in any way. To keep pointing back to it seems unseemly.
...by confusing between the unworthiness due to sin and the unworthiness as a creature”.
I don't believe God made any unworthy creatures. They all have their place. Obviously no one compares to God. Only the sin thing is what brings the unworthiness into play. I don't see a Father telling His children that they are unworthy. I don't see a Groom telling His bride they are nworthy (unless sin is involved). We are adopted to be sure, but even an adoptee reaches the point where he does not consider himself for who he was anymore.
True it’s correct to do that. But the disease was still there even after denying its right to afflict. Why? Due to grace not received?
IMHO. it was not declared by the WOF preacher but discovered by non-WOF’ers.

Many times people battle sickness simply because they are undergoing warfare. People often have areas of their life God is dealing with to bring them to full repentance and restoration. Some of the physical things date back to things that occurred in their life as children. The effect of that was infirmity in their body. As Bill Johnson pointed out, sometimes God will let it go for decades and then it finally comes time to deal with it. God will let you die with it. It's often not sin, but rather an emotional healing issue. We'd rather just "carry on" many times and distance ourselves from it, but it often carries a penalty.

So the man of God, whom God told to go preach the healing gospel finds himself in a precarious position. Does he continue to obey the call of God even though he's battling infirmity of some kind? I have the highest respect for the ones who do. If they "publish" the fact that they're battling, it might affect the faith of the young ones. After all, "physician, heal thyself!". That's what the Pharisees do.

You also have the wolfpack that would love to torpedo the healing gospel by publishing these things.
Although I'm not pointing the finger at you, I basically find it an evil practice for (those who do) go around and publish the infirmities of those who preach healing.

It's contrary to promoting the kingdom. To speculate on sin (which a lack of humility really is) is to say that you see their heart. If the Lord shows you this, this is one thing, but usually that too is not for public "consumption".

It is not judging but seeking the truth as to why such great men remained sick and had to keep their illness secret even after exercising faith.

I said: “Again, it is not for us to say why certain people (even faith people) suffer sometimes from illness or disease”:
Do you mean to say that even after receiving grace a person can remain in sickness?
They sure can. People receive grace and die in sickness (sometimes). But it doesn't have to be that way. I don't believe it glorifies God to point out people's sickness and imply there is wrongdoing. It's just as bad as saying "It's because they have no faith." The reason for that is that you don't really know why.
IMHO, yes, God speaks but people do not listen when they are bent upon assuming, “We are not unworthy new creatures”.
When you hear WOF say: "We are not unworthy new creatures", you don't just hear that. You hear "I'm worthy and I'm not (or don't need to) exercising proper humility!" But you are trying to read the heart in this. You can't tell if someone has humility. You're not giving them the benefit of the doubt. To extend that to the healing issue also is amiss.

Not that it's in any way about WOF or non-WOF. It's about the family of God. But knowing the WOF SOF, don't you think it is improper for you to debate or teach in WOF if you feel so strongly about this. This directly counters the position of WOF. I will stress though, WOF recognizes humilty and its proper place. Don't mix this with presumption. You choose to see it this way. If you do though, it seems improper to teach in WOF.
Not stating unworthiness is one thing and claiming, “We are not unworthy new creatures” is another thing. Hope you understand the difference.

It is intended to say that God didn't (re)make any unworthy creatures to fellowship with Him. He made the way through Jesus and that should settle it. Obviously He's a great God and we are small, but it takes faith to turn aside from that and acknowledge righteousness and (even) worthiness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't see it in the scriptures where you can equate humility with unworthiness.

The two are not "equated," but both are part of the same foundation. Our humility should proceed forward from first recognizing our unworthiness.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I considered when Jesus told Brother Hagin to rise up and look upon Him because He was worthy; because of His Blood to not in anyway discount the Word of God. It keeps us from being swayed by deception. Next to Him we are nothing. I believe real fellowship with Him is to just see Him and forget about yourself.

Quote: “Is anyone really saying in the "Spirit Filled" section, that we are unworthy new creatures?”:

I said this because you seemed to imply wrongdoing in the WOF statement of faith. You'll find it prevalent in the charismatic realm to awake to righteousness. It's not saying that we consider ourselves as anything. Rather, it acknowledges what Jesus did. To do that is to humble yourself and enter through the door.

Even the account of throwing down your crowns does not mean we're unworthy. It means HE is worthy. We'd rather only consider HIm, and that will surely be the case in that day. It's not about us.
I guess we might see things differently, but I consider the real blessing of God to be to actually know His heart. People might go a long time without even thinking about ourselves when fellowshipping, and He is glorified.

This whole thing goes back to looking at yourself and that being a mark of humility. I think to see it as He does to be proper humility. I can't imagine that any believer would lack humility or desire to in any way. To keep pointing back to it seems unseemly.
I don't believe God made any unworthy creatures. They all have their place. Obviously no one compares to God. Only the sin thing is what brings the unworthiness into play. I don't see a Father telling His children that they are unworthy. I don't see a Groom telling His bride they are nworthy (unless sin is involved). We are adopted to be sure, but even an adoptee reaches the point where he does not consider himself for who he was anymore.

Many times people battle sickness simply because they are undergoing warfare. People often have areas of their life God is dealing with to bring them to full repentance and restoration. Some of the physical things date back to things that occurred in their life as children. The effect of that was infirmity in their body. As Bill Johnson pointed out, sometimes God will let it go for decades and then it finally comes time to deal with it. God will let you die with it. It's often not sin, but rather an emotional healing issue. We'd rather just "carry on" many times and distance ourselves from it, but it often carries a penalty.

So the man of God, whom God told to go preach the healing gospel finds himself in a precarious position. Does he continue to obey the call of God even though he's battling infirmity of some kind? I have the highest respect for the ones who do. If they "publish" the fact that they're battling, it might affect the faith of the young ones. After all, "physician, heal thyself!". That's what the Pharisees do.

You also have the wolfpack that would love to torpedo the healing gospel by publishing these things.
Although I'm not pointing the finger at you, I basically find it an evil practice for (those who do) go around and publish the infirmities of those who preach healing.

It's contrary to promoting the kingdom. To speculate on sin (which a lack of humility really is) is to say that you see their heart. If the Lord shows you this, this is one thing, but usually that too is not for public "consumption".

I said: “Again, it is not for us to say why certain people (even faith people) suffer sometimes from illness or disease”:
They sure can. People receive grace and die in sickness (sometimes). But it doesn't have to be that way. I don't believe it glorifies God to point out people's sickness and imply there is wrongdoing. It's just as bad as saying "It's because they have no faith." The reason for that is that you don't really know why.
When you hear WOF say: "We are not unworthy new creatures", you don't just hear that. You hear "I'm worthy and I'm not (or don't need to) exercising proper humility!" But you are trying to read the heart in this. You can't tell if someone has humility. You're not giving them the benefit of the doubt. To extend that to the healing issue also is amiss.

Not that it's in any way about WOF or non-WOF. It's about the family of God. But knowing the WOF SOF, don't you think it is improper for you to debate or teach in WOF if you feel so strongly about this. This directly counters the position of WOF. I will stress though, WOF recognizes humilty and its proper place. Don't mix this with presumption. You choose to see it this way. If you do though, it seems improper to teach in WOF.

It is intended to say that God didn't (re)make any unworthy creatures to fellowship with Him. He made the way through Jesus and that should settle it. Obviously He's a great God and we are small, but it takes faith to turn aside from that and acknowledge righteousness and (even) worthiness.

This is not meant to be disrespectful, so do not take it that way. This is an observation.

It is very straining on my eyes to read your posts. I know that it would seem that using bold, colored text and larger fonts would get the point across better, but I for one cannot read it without getting a huge headache. Because of this, I tend to skip them.

Take it for what it's worth. It's just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith

I don't believe God made any unworthy creatures. They all have their place. Obviously no one compares to God. Only the sin thing is what brings the unworthiness into play. I don't see a Father telling His children that they are unworthy. I don't see a Groom telling His bride they are unworthy (unless sin is involved). We are adopted to be sure, but even an adoptee reaches the point where he does not consider himself for who he was anymore.

I said: “Again, it is not for us to say why certain people (even faith people) suffer sometimes from illness or disease.

Upvote 0