Will you watch the coronation of King Charles III?

Will you watch the coronation of King Charles III?

• yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • no

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • perhaps

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟97,706.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm American, but yes, I will be watching.

Queen Victoria believed that the Royal Family was of the line of King David, and I've seen various articles and heard sermons and an Orthodox Jew, Yair Davidiy have given credence to such a theory. I know it's controversial and hotly debated theory, and I'm not here to debate that, but for me it's more than just secular interest to watch the coronation.

Reactions: Red Gold
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟339,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Probably, yes. I think my deep-down-gut-sense of monarchies are that kings and queens are magical fantasy characters, like elves. I like to go to Renaissance Festivals -- dress up like it's 1600 and drink mead and listen to lute players and watch jugglers. A coronation is like the biggest RenFest of all.

It's not up to me to say whether a modern nation should still have kings and queens. But if they're going to throw a huge magical party, sure, I'll watch.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟764,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I was told that my Arabic great grandparents temporarily lived in the UK before migrating to the USA in the 1890s. They were said to have been treated very charitably by the Brits. One of my American colonist ancestors died in combat during the Revolution in 1778 ( within the bounds of fair combat).

Actually, it seems that the colonists were more against parliament than the monarchy. If my favorite US President ( John Adams) later met King George III, should I not at least see a small portion of the coronation?

The Brits should take care to preserve the monarchy in some way or another.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟830,901.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apparently, global audience numbers may have been up to 2.5 billion following on from the 4 billion for the Queen's funeral last year. The monarchies impact is vastly superior to any republican alternatives and enables Britain to kick well above its weight. Also, both services were a profound Christian witness in a world that is literally spiritually starving and especially in the Western world. We had a party and 12 people watched with us including atheists. This was a fantastic witness opportunity and the seeds sown will bear fruit over the decades to come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Apparently, global audience numbers may have been up to 2.5 billion following on from the 4 billion for the Queen's funeral last year.
I wanted to know this number specifically. I didn't expect Charles to out-do the funeral in audience count but I expected it to be relatively high.

In this age, the only thing that will top the Queen's Funeral will be the Return of Christ.

He says every eye will see Him, and if you think about it, with every body having their phone camera at hand Christ's Return will be the most recorded event ever. And then those recordings will be broadcast in future documentaries for the rest of forever that those who are yet to be born will get to see it, and those who are resurrected will see it. So yeah, every eye will see Him, even if they are rewatching the event. :)

Wonder what it'll be like when King David is set over Israel; will there be coronation event for him?

Epic days ahead!

Upvote 0