• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Will I ever be happy again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryN

Mar 29, 2004
New York
✟116.00
Faith
Christian
My mother, who was my best friend, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last April and she died in September. I prayed for God to heal her but it didn't happen. People tell me she is healed because she is in Heaven. I know she is in Heaven but I want her here with me. I miss her so much. I cry all the time. I don't sleep well. The doctor said it will take time for me to get back to sleeping. She said it is because I was up all the time with Mom when I took care of her the last five months of her life. I am not angry at God. I just don't understand why she had to die. She was the most healthy person I knew. I go to work but really don't want to work anymore. I know that if I don't work, I would sit around and feel sorry for myself. I am trying to go on with the help of the Lord. But it is hard. The friends Mom and I had no longer are in touch with me and that is hard. I feel so alone sometimes. The nights are the worst.

rockwell

Mar 22, 2004
✟318.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I can't even begin to understand how you feel but if there is one thing that I have learnt from pastor joel osteen, is that we should have a File called "I don't understand" to archieve all the things that we do not understand to ask God Himself in person one day. Gods' ways are not always reveiled to us but just trust Him.

I'll pray that you will receive that peace that only comes from God, in this your time of need.

PS> Yes you will be happy again, eventually!!! (it might take some time) You have lost your best friend but you still have your other best friend Jesus to support you.

listen to this....
TRUSTING GOD WHEN LIFE DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

Upvote 0

GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
You will be happy again Mary. I have lost both of my parents and my twin daughter trageically and I am 31 years old.
You will laugh again and you can be happy Mary. Have you accepted that your mother has passed away yet? Sometimes it takes awhile. My mother died last August and I am still wondering if I have accepted it yet. Please know that grief cannot come if there is no acceptance.
Ecclesiastes 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
God's word states that there is a time to mourn. Meaning that it will end and HE can fill you with Joy to be able to dance. I see my daughter every day in her twin brother (they looked identical). I can now hold him, dance with him, and be joyful with him. God has truley blessed me after many hours on my knees begging Him for blessings and comfort. He is still here with me right here watching over me because he Loves me and He loves you too.
Is this your first experience with death?
GEL

Upvote 0

MaryN

Mar 29, 2004
New York
✟116.00
Faith
Christian
Gel, this is not my first experience with death. BUT, it is my first experience losing someone who I loved more than anything in the world. My mother was my best friend, my confidant, my mother. We talked every day. We shopped together, laughed together, cried together. When she got sick last April, I began staying at her apartment, sleeping on her couch so she wouldn't be alone at night. I worked during the day but scheduled my hours so that I could be home early with her. When she got to the place where she needed 24/7, our friends surrounded us and we did shifts so that Mama had someone with her all the time. I was with her the last 15 hours of her life. That was hard. Mama was ready to go home to Jesus. She asked me to pray that He would take her. But I couldn't. I wanted to believe for her healing. But, the morning she died, I told her it was o.k. and that she could go. That was HARD. But I know that in my heart I released her to God. But in the natural I wanted her here with me.

Since she died, I think I have accepted it. But sometimes I think she is coming back from a long trip. It has only been six months. And every time an ocassion arises that reminds me of something we did together, I have another mini funeral. :cry:

Joy? I have not been able to laugh like I used to. I think I am still too raw for that right now. I can hardly go shopping without crying because I tink of when Mama and I went shopping.

Thanks for your encouraging words. I know that with the Lord's help I will get through this. I don't think I will ever "get over" it though. :(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.