Pre-Trib Only Will Egypt and the Nile River be destroyed?

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,420,180.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
According to Ezekiel 29, a cataclysmic event will happen in Egypt some time in the future, maybe very soon. Please help me explore how this may happen. And let's be civil to each other. All scholarship is welcome.
Ezekiel 29:
8 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast out of thee.

9 And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the Lord: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it.

10 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia.

11 No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

12 And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟298,277.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, several prophesies tell of how Egypt and the entire Middle east region will be devastated and depopulated.
Ezekiel 30:1-8...Wail, alas for the Day....the Day of reckoning for the nations....I shall set a fire in Egypt and all around shall be destroyed. Amos 1:3-14
We know that the Day of the Lord's wrath is the Sixth Seal event and many other prophesies detail this terrible Day of fire from the sun. Isaiah 30:25-28, Malachi 4:1-3, 2 Peter 3:7 There will be worldwide earthquakes, storms and tsunamis, but fire will do the most destruction in the Middle East. Joel 1:15-20, Isaiah 66:15-17

An interesting fact about the Nile river, is near Aswan there is just a low ridge separating it from the Qattara Depression. A break in this ridge would divert the Nile into the Q.D. It would take many years for the QD to fill up, making Isaiah 19:5-10 come true.
logostelos.info

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,420,180.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
An interesting fact about the Nile river, is near Aswan there is just a low ridge separating it from the Qattara Depression. A break in this ridge would divert the Nile into the Q.D. It would take many years for the QD to fill up, making Isaiah 19:5-10 come true.
logostelos.info

What about the Aswan Dam?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟298,277.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Keras. Verse 11 mentions 40 years of desolation. Any thoughts on this?
I believe that will be the literal time the land of Egypt will be desolated. Maybe it will take that long for the QD to become the Qattara Lake, thus changing the climate of all North Africa.
I have been to the Aswan Dam. Whether it remains or is destroyed is immaterial.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,420,180.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have been to the Aswan Dam. Whether it remains or is destroyed is immaterial.

There is a huge lake behind it. I would think it would cause substantial flooding if it was breached. I do appreciate your insights, but, there is one other thing I would like to discuss concerning the timing of this desolation. In Ezekiel 38 and 39 Egypt is not listed among the confederates in the Gog, MaGog war that comes against Israel. Could it be possible that these two events could happen
around the same time frame? Something removes Egypt from this event.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟298,277.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In Ezekiel 38 and 39 Egypt is not listed among the confederates in the Gog, MaGog war that comes against Israel. Could it be possible that these two events could happen
around the same time frame? Something removes Egypt from this event.
The next prophesied event will be the Psalm 83 attack, by an Islamic confederation that would include Egypt as 'Hagars people'. It will trigger the Day of the Lord's wrath, of fire from the sun, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis. I see this disaster as the one that will fulfil the desolation of Egypt.
It will be several years later, when all of the Lord's people are living in all of the holy Land, Ezekiel 34:11-31, that Gog will be motivated to attack the new nation of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,420,180.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The next prophesied event will be the Psalm 83 attack, by an Islamic confederation that would include Egypt as 'Hagars people'. It will trigger the Day of the Lord's wrath, of fire from the sun, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis. I see this disaster as the one that will fulfil the desolation of Egypt.
It will be several years later, when all of the Lord's people are living in all of the holy Land, Ezekiel 34:11-31, that Gog will be motivated to attack the new nation of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5

Thanks, but, This scenario does not add up to me in relation to Ezekiel's prophecy. Maybe someone else will have a different insight. Your scholarship is much appreciated. I did not know anything about the Qattara Depression. I did a search on it today and found that they are debating on whether to flood it. One site calls it the world's largest sink hole. So, you may be right concerning that being flooded. I just am not convinced that the Ezekiel prophecy is about the sun.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟298,277.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I just am not convinced that the Ezekiel prophecy is about the sun.
I would leave this thread now, but must correct your impression about the next 2 wars. Psalm 83 is first and the attack by those peoples listed will be wiped out by the Lord in His Day of wrath by fire from the sun. Isaiah 30:26 This terrible punishment will turn His enemies into ashes and dust. Isaiah 33:12, Isaiah 29:5-6, Malachi 4:1 & 3
The G/M attack will be destroyed as described in Ezekiel 38:22 and the new inhabitants of the holy Land, Ezekiel 38:12b, will take 7 years to clear the Land of corpses and weapons.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My thought here, is modern day Egypt is presently too closely aligned with the West to join some Pan-Arab coalition bent on destroying Israel. U.S. M1 Abrams heavy battle tanks are constructed in Egyptian factories. Egypt is where the C.I.A. sends prisoners (terrorists), taken in the War on Terror for more extensive "interrogation" that can not be legally conducted in Guantanamo, Cuba. The euphemism the C.I.A. uses for "enhanced interrogation" (torture) is referred to as sending someone to "Visit the Pyramids".

However, it's not implausible that Daniel 11:42-43 (as well as the corresponding prophecies found in Ezekiel), could be fulfilled by a nation of Egypt that is invaded and occupied by Gog, and forced to join such a Pan-Arab alliance at the Time of the End.

Remember how after France was conquered by the Nazis in WWII, the Viche' French were forced to fire on American soldiers landing in North Africa ? Same deal. Maybe Egypt will be forced into an alliance with Gog after it is conquered, which appears to be indicated in Daniel 11:42-43.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
According to Ezekiel 29, a cataclysmic event will happen in Egypt some time in the future, maybe very soon. Please help me explore how this may happen. And let's be civil to each other. All scholarship is welcome.
Ezekiel 29:
8 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will bring a sword upon thee, and cut off man and beast out of thee.

9 And the land of Egypt shall be desolate and waste; and they shall know that I am the Lord: because he hath said, The river is mine, and I have made it.

10 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia.

11 No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

12 And I will make the land of Egypt desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities among the cities that are laid waste shall be desolate forty years: and I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.
"Maybe very soon"?

Oh, because "reasons ", right?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,420,180.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My thought here, is modern day Egypt is presently too closely aligned with the West to join some Pan-Arab coalition bent on destroying Israel. U.S. M1 Abrams heavy battle tanks are constructed in Egyptian factories. Egypt is where the C.I.A. sends prisoners (terrorists), taken in the War on Terror for more extensive "interrogation" that can not be legally conducted in Guantanamo, Cuba. The euphemism the C.I.A. uses for "enhanced interrogation" (torture) is referred to as sending someone to "Visit the Pyramids".

However, it's not implausible that Daniel 11:42-43 (as well as the corresponding prophecies found in Ezekiel), could be fulfilled by a nation of Egypt that is invaded and occupied by Gog, and forced to join such a Pan-Arab alliance at the Time of the End.

Remember how after France was conquered by the Nazis in WWII, the Viche' French were forced to fire on American soldiers landing in North Africa ? Same deal. Maybe Egypt will be forced into an alliance with Gog after it is conquered, which appears to be indicated in Daniel 11:42-43.

I agree with what you say here in part regarding Egypt being aligned with the West might be what keeps them from the Gog/Magog war. But, the prophecy in Ezekiel 29 prophecy seems to be against the river. Keras mentioned the Qattara Depression. I did a search on the QD and found it was below Aswan which houses the Aswan Dam. If that dam is breached in some way, the Qattara Depression could flood catastrophically imho. Maybe, imho, an earthquake? What do you think?
Ezek. 29:
3 Speak, and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, Pharaoh king of Egypt, the great dragon that lieth in the midst of his rivers, which hath said, My river is mine own, and I have made it for myself.

4 But I will put hooks in thy jaws, and I will cause the fish of thy rivers to stick unto thy scales, and I will bring thee up out of the midst of thy rivers, and all the fish of thy rivers shall stick unto thy scales.

5 And I will leave thee thrown into the wilderness, thee and all the fish of thy rivers: thou shalt fall upon the open fields; thou shalt not be brought together, nor gathered: I have given thee for meat to the beasts of the field and to the fowls of the heaven.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
agree with what you say here in part regarding Egypt being aligned with the West might be what keeps them from the Gog/Magog war.

"Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains" (Matthew 24:16).

I believe the initial invasion of the Middle East by Gog (Russia) will take place exactly as indicated by Matthew 24:16). The West Bank of Israel, called "Judea" in ancient times. Vladimir Putin and his Arab coalition forces will enter Judea ostensibly to liberate the Palestinian people and create a viable Palestinian State. This pretext for war against Israel is I believe found in the prophecies of Ezekiel.

And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages, I will go up to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates"
(Ezekiel 38:11).

At a glance, a superficial reading of this prophecy seems to describe Israel living securely under the terms of some Pre-Tribulation Arab Israeli "Peace Agreement". However. a more thorough examination which takes Bible symbolism into account renders quite a different interpretation of Ezekiel 38:11. The word wall (or hedge) is used as a metaphor to describe the protection God places around the righteous, (Isaiah 49:15-15, Job 1:10, Psalms 80:12, Jer. 49:3, Matthew 21:33).

The mention of "bars and gates" also has special meaning in Bible symbolism. Clearly this isn't a reference to the bars and gates of the "Security Barrier" constructed by Israel. Any removal of the Security Barrier separating Israel from the West Bank would be a "non-starter" for any proposed Arab-Israeli "Peace Agreement". So what does the prophecy of Ezekiel refer to when it mentions Israel living without "bars and gates"?!

In the first six chapters of Nehemiah, which describe the rebuilding of the wall around Jerusalem, each gate represents part of God's redemptive plan for Israel. Now the meaning of Ezekiel 38:11 becomes quite clear.

Israel has "comparatively speaking" lived at "rest and in relative safety" since building the Security Barrier. Gone are the days of intifada uprisings pouring into the streets of Jerusalem and Israeli cities, leaving thousands bleeding in the streets. However, much of the world views Israel's Apartheid system as treating Arab Palestinians "unrighteously", (so acting unrighteously, Israel has no walls, or protection of God). And since Israel has no intention of ever creating a viable Palestinian State, it can be argued Israel is "unredeemable" on this point, (having neither bars nor gates). Now read Ezekiel 38:11 again. It isn't a prophecy describing Israel living securely under an Arab-Israeli Peace agreement, is it ?! It is a "casus belli", A DECLARATION OF WAR instead.

However, the likelihood of Israel taking this invasion without any counter attack is completely improbable. So you can sat goodbye to Damascus (most of southern Syria), and Lebanon from which Hezbollah will be launching thousands of Russian missiles at Israeli cities and the port of Haifa. I'm sure the West Bank (Judea) itself will become a place of desolation and slaughter as Russian and Israeli forces trade blows. Hence the biblical warning, no one is to enter into the land of Judea at this time, and all should flee (Luke 21:21).

Question is, where are 4.4 million Arab Palestinian civilian non-combatants going to flee to ??? As I said before, Syria and Southern Lebanon are not likely places of refuge. Obviously, they can also forget about crossing Israeli territory to reach Jordan. Diving into the Mediterranean Sea and trying to reach Cyprus won't work either. The only destination that makes any sense is EGPYT via the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula where a U.N. Peacekeeping Force will cover their retreat.

Needless to say, the arrival of hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refugees in Egypt will destabilize the country to the point of collapse. Perhaps Egypt will become a "failed state" much like present day IRAQ in the Last Days when Russia attacks Israel. Hence the symbolism of the waters (people) of the Nile being dried up. Just as the waters (people) of the Euphrates River have been (and will be) dried up at the Time of the End.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with what you say here in part regarding Egypt being aligned with the West might be what keeps them from the Gog/Magog war.

Understand, I don't believe Egypt will be kept safely from the Gog/Magog War. Daniel 11:42-43 unequivocally states Egypt will be attacked and conquered. So I agree with your biblical analysis completely. Strictly from a strategic standpoint, it makes sense Russia would seek to "consolidate" its' flank and capture the Suez Canal before completing an invasion deeper into Israel. I can very easily imagine an invasion of Egypt as part of a plan to conquer Israel.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also believe this attack against Egypt will represent a monumental strategic error by Russia. First, it will widen the Middle East War when Russia pushes the U.N. Peace Keeping Forces out of the Sinai (and believe me, they will be running for their lives as fast as the Palestinian refugees are). Second, it will give Israel the time it desperately needs to reorganize the IDF, after suffering initial losses from the invasion of Judea and Jerusalem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,420,180.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Understand, I don't believe Egypt will be kept safely from the Gog/Magog War. Daniel 11:42-43 unequivocally states Egypt will be attacked and conquered. So I agree with your biblical analysis completely. Strictly from a strategic standpoint, it makes sense Russia would seek to "consolidate" its' flank and capture the Suez Canal before completing an invasion deeper into Israel. I can very easily imagine an invasion of Egypt as part of a plan to conquer Israel.

OK, let's say your theory is a possibility. Now look at the scripture again. Egypt will be made desolate. No one will walk there for 40 years. The prophecy is against the river.I see a dried up desolate place. The fish and men cast upon the open fields.I guess the dam could be breached with nukes from Gog/Magog. Somehow the Nile will dry up it seems to say to me. Keras seems to believe that it will be caused by a CME. I am not convinced that is what it is saying.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"But tidings from the East and the North shall trouble him: Therefore he will go forth with great fury to destroy and utterly to make away many" (Daniel 11:44).

This event takes place immediately after Egypt is conquered in Daniel 11:42-43. It sounds to me like Russia's seizure of the Suez Canal and Egypt, isn't going to sit well with Russia's ally China, or NATO for that matter. NATO and the U.S. will I believe launch a counter attack against Russia at this point, and Putin will make good on his threat to use thermo nuclear weapons against NATO, made earlier in July 2015, (July 2015, Assoc. Press Release, Putin responds to NATO fielding quick reaction force to guard against any further Russian aggression in the Ukraine). Do I think this will lead to a limited nuclear war between the U.S. and Russia ?! Very probably the answer is yes. There is only one weapon in Russia's inventory that can "destroy and utterly make away many"... thermo nuclear weapons. And I believe as the Southern Command Headquarters of NATO in Europe, it's very plausible ROME is going to be one of the cities sure to be targeted by Russia.

I also believe many cities in the United States will be targeted by Russian SLBM's as well. Welcome to the Apocalypse.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,420,180.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"But tidings from the East and the North shall trouble him: Therefore he will go forth with great fury to destroy and utterly to make away many" (Daniel 11:44).

This event takes place immediately after Egypt is conquered in Daniel 11:42-43. It sounds to me like Russia's seizure of the Suez Canal and Egypt, isn't going to sit well with Russia's ally China, or NATO for that matter. NATO and the U.S. will I believe launch a counter attack against Russia at this point, and Putin will make good on his threat to use thermo nuclear weapons against NATO, made earlier in July 2015, (July 2015, Assoc. Press Release, Putin responds to NATO fielding quick reaction force to guard against any further Russian aggression in the Ukraine). Do I think this will lead to a limited nuclear war between the U.S. and Russia ?! Very probably the answer is yes. There is only one weapon in Russia's inventory that can "destroy and utterly make away many"... thermo nuclear weapons. And I believe as the Southern Command Headquarters of NATO in Europe, it's very plausible ROME is going to be one of the cities sure to be targeted by Russia.

I also believe many cities in the United States will be targeted by Russian SLBM's as well. Welcome to the Apocalypse.

We were discussing Egypt.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it goes without saying, nuclear weapons will be used during WWIII. After all, this is precisely why God must intervene "Lest those days should be shortened, no flesh shall be saved" (Mark 13:20, Matthew 24:22). And God pours out His Wrath against the world during the Great Tribulation Period, in order to "destroy those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11;17-19).

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I mentioned earlier, Daniel 11:44 seems to indicate the spread of war to Egypt will be the catalyst that ignites a limited nuclear war. Of course a full scale nuclear exchange would leave the entire planet completely devoid of life. So at least, I don't think we're facing that horror.

Upvote 0