Debate-For MJ's Only Why was the Damascus Document Called the Damascus Document?

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟117,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Is not the Father ultimately the judge?

(CLV) Ac 17:30
"Indeed, then, condoning the times of ignorance, God is now charging mankind that all everywhere are to repent,

(CLV) Ac 17:31
forasmuch as He assigns a day in which He is about to be judging the inhabited earth in righteousness by the Man Whom He specifies, tendering faith to all, raising Him from among the dead"

That says Theos, and Elohim is the equivalent, but that is not the same as the Tetragrammaton, (Kurios). There is One who Judges and He is indeed Elohim.

John 12:47-48
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word [Logos] that I have spoken, the same [εκεινος - "that one"] shall judge him in the last day. [Rev 19:10-13]

You have ascended on high, You have led captivity captive, You have brought gifts among men and wrath to the rebellious, that Yah Elohim (the Blessed (LXX)) might dwell there. (Psalm 68:18, Ephesians 4:8).

Iota-Eta, (Ι̅Η).

PS: Note that Psalm 68:18 is an anthropomorphism: the Father does not ascend or descend the heavens, for He is greater, the heavens and the heaven of the heavens cannot contain Him, (Deut 10:14, 2 Chr 6:18, Psa 139:7-8).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That says Theos, and Elohim is the equivalent, but that is not the same as the Tetragrammaton, (Kurios). There is One who Judges and He is indeed Elohim.

John 12:47-48
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word [Logos] that I have spoken, the same [εκεινος - "that one"] shall judge him in the last day. [Rev 19:10-13]

You have ascended on high, You have led captivity captive, You have brought gifts among men and wrath to the rebellious, that Yah Elohim (the Blessed (LXX)) might dwell there. (Psalm 68:18, Ephesians 4:8).

Iota-Eta, (Ι̅Η).

PS: Note that Psalm 68:18 is an anthropomorphism: the Father does not ascend or descend the heavens, for He is greater, the heavens and the heaven of the heavens cannot contain Him, (Deut 10:14, 2 Chr 6:18, Psa 139:7-8).
How does this, in your understanding, relate to Damascus?

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟117,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
How does this, in your understanding, relate to Damascus?

It is a continuation of my response to the content that you quoted in post #18 and helps to explain the dilemma presented by the author quoted therein. There is a Melki-Tzedek priesthood and there is the priesthood of Ahron and Yisrael. A Kohen Gadol after the order of Melki-Tzedek is not Melki-Tzedek himself.

Upvote 0