Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all [a]speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Titus 3:1 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Avoid Dissension
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second [a]admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned
You can save yourself a lot of time

I have read the entire Bible

and read it over and over again

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all [a]speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Titus 3:1 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Avoid Dissension
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second [a]admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we were to "avoid [all] dissension

we would have to be a hermit and avoid ALL contact with ALL humans

LOL
No. You just hold your tongue and judgement. Show self control, sound mind and speech, and discipline

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
These men are God's government authorities. As such I must honor them and obey them according to Romans chapter 13 and Titus chapter 3. I don't judge them as government leaders but I let God judge them.

I judge them as Christians however and i do not follow any politician or teacher. I follow Christ and his apostles. I follow scripture and the holy spirit.
Honor is something that must be earned. So is respect. I recognize their dignity as human persons. I obey them as long as they do not order something illegal or immoral. Therein lies the problem.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honor is something that must be earned. So is respect. I recognize their dignity as human persons. I obey them as long as they do not order something illegal or immoral. Therein lies the problem.
You don't get it. We honor Cesar by not rebelling against him. We don't honor his ways however. We let God judge him. As scripture said

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Frankly, I don't see a lot of dignity in someone who violates laws of both Church and state and endangers fellow Americans (so called... I dont really think the elite consider themselves "fellow Americans" because they think most Americans are beneath them)

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
You don't get it. We honor Cesar by not rebelling against him. We don't honor his ways however. We let God judge him. As scripture said
sounds like a cop out

go along to get along

I don't think that will save this country.

Voting for Trump by the millions could, though... :)

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sounds like a cop out

go along to get along

Him giving his money away to the poor might save people but arguing like an infant Christian won't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sounds like a cop out

go along to get along

I cant fellowship with this contention. That's my point. I testify

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
sounds like a cop out

go along to get along

The country needs to be saved from him, not by him. People like you are still under his spell. He is not a Julius Caesar though he wants to be..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some kind of imagined elitism?
My hiding place

"I hide in the Lord under the shadow of his wings
my heart sings of mercy and virtuous things

a merciful God full of truth and grace
I hope in Him. He is my hiding place

I am broken, needy, and utterly afflicted
the Lord is my strength, and my hope resurrected"

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The country needs to be saved from him, not by him. People like you are still under his spell. He is not a Julius Caesar though he wants to be..
Oh, now i'm "under a spell"

It couldn't be that I like

secure borders
the unborn
the Constitution
law and order

and I could go on and on but you're not listening so I won't.

Upvote 0