North Island
✟293,870.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm looking for another church but not for a while because have become so disillusioned with church again.

years ago had a bad church experience but God healed a lot, had quite a few years where church was great. now its been a couple of years of being treated like rubbish even by the pastor so i'm done.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CoreyD

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,063.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can go to a physical church for example on Christmas or Easter.

In our modern era, you can be in a community or talk to Christians from all around the world, without physically going anywhere.

Its better, if you have a good church near you, but if you dont, you do not need to go there while being dissatisfied.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟41,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm looking for another church but not for a while because have become so disillusioned with church again.

years ago had a bad church experience but God healed a lot, had quite a few years where church was great. now its been a couple of years of being treated like rubbish even by the pastor so i'm done.
I'm so sorry you are experiencing church hurt. Don't give up on church. It's kinda cool that I came on this site just now about a similar thing. I'm getting the feeling that its time for me to find a new home church, but I don't know where to start. But maybe we both just need to 'dip our toes' so to speak in a new church on Sunday. I'm so sorry you feel disillusioned with church. Don't give up though. You are so very valuable to God and the body of Christ. People may let us down but God never will. Don't give up

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟26,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Good question.
Why not study the Bible instead, and maybe that might lead to finding the place of worship that would meet your needs.

James said, there is religion that is pure - James 1:27, so it makes sense we need to identify it, rather than taking the hit and miss approach.
I'm sure a Bible study will greatly help in that regard.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

The purpose of going to Church is to worship. The prescribed form of Christian worship is the Liturgy. Find a liturgical Church and go worship. You won't have to worry about all that other nonsense.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟166,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Why are you going to church? What is your reason for going in the first place?

Is it so you can be part of some church family that isn't really a family, that will normally let you down in some way?

Or,..... are you going there to draw closer to GOD and worship Him??

If it's the later, then you won't get caught up in the cliques that always get formed in any church, and you'll be more focused on GOD rather than people.

It becomes a choice between Christianity and churchianity.

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Some people get turned off to church by a pad experience or personality conflict. Others may get turned off by doctrine issues. However, there is another category of problems, that of structural problems trying to apply Christianity using the tool of an organizational system. Christianity is supposed to be about relationship (us with God and each other). Systems can do programs, events, classes, and scripted activities. However, they don't do relationships.

You might find more success using churches as a way to meet other Christians and foster relationships outside the church system.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟26,244.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people get turned off to church by a pad experience or personality conflict. Others may get turned off by doctrine issues. However, there is another category of problems, that of structural problems trying to apply Christianity using the tool of an organizational system. Christianity is supposed to be about relationship (us with God and each other). Systems can do programs, events, classes, and scripted activities. However, they don't do relationships.

You might find more success using churches as a way to meet other Christians and foster relationships outside the church system.
However, there is another category of problems, that of structural problems trying to apply Christianity using the tool of an organizational system. Christianity is supposed to be about relationship (us with God and each other). Systems can do programs, events, classes, and scripted activities. However, they don't do relationships.

You are not alone in having this view. Many feel this way, and often express it.
Sadly, many had a problem with organizational structure, and paid the price with their life. Numbers 16:1-49.
I understand that most people have this view due to how authority is often misused, but it is important we remember that God's arrangement, despite imperfections of man, is an aspect of God's sovereignty, and therefore cannot be excluded from our worship.

This is reemphasized in the Christian Greek scriptures, at
1 Corinthians 3:11
But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

Ephesians 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.

Since Christ is the head of the congregation, he leads the body, and gives instructions through members of the body, as depicted in Revelation 1:20
As for the mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden lampstands, the seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.
fbfc30c2f2f719a257bfa680272b145c.jpg

It's true, we don't see those stars, in Jesus' hands with our literal eyes, but if we look in the Bible, we see them with spiritual eyes.
Hebrews 13:17
Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you.

1 Thessalonians 5:12
We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you,

Matthew 24:45
Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time?

Thus
To truly have a relationship with God, and his people, we must be able to recognize God's earthly organization, and those who represent it.
Only then, can we benefit from real relationships.

Jesus said, By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another. John 13:35
Compare 1 Peter 2:17, John 15:13-15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟326,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Scripture says to not forsake the gathering of yourselves together as is the manner of some. In a good church where the Holy Spirit is the guide through scripture reading and preaching, it really comes through when you're present with the body of believers. You don't get the same sense online but just a taste.

The make up of church service scripturaly is the word of God in reading and preaching, remembrance of the Lords table ( communion), baptism and fellowship of the body of Christ. Also evangelizing and each member participation within the church. It is not showing up on Sunday, performing rituals and reciting canned prayers, ignoring each other on your way out the door and not getting to your car fast enough, go home till next week and do it all over again. If that's the case then just stay home and find someplace else. There are examples of each type of church out there. One scriptural, the other not. Find one by the leading of the Holy Spirit and it will likely be a good fit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There are lot of dead churches. Few decent churches.
Paul speaks of apostates who broke away from the foundation of christ and formed denominations, documentation, Corinthians chapter 3 .

You will be hard pressed to find churches who teach sound doctrine. Traditions of men and false doctrine are prevalent in some churches.

I'm not knocking churches down.

Amos chapter 9 . God hates false teachings. And isn't happy with those who listen to false preachers. The shepherds are on Jesus hit list. Shepherds are accountable to Jesus.

Amos chapter 8 . Were in time of famine. It's hearing God's Truth.

I recommend shepherds chapel, there on YouTube. They tell you the truth.

It's your decision.
Take care.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums