US
✟1,109,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The following video walks through the history of advancements in long guns, from the hand cannon to the AR-15.

It details the importance of not endangering the weakest of our people, by forcing them to defend their own lives with "old," "clunky," "difficult to use," "relics."

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟338,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have trouble picturing a morally acceptable use of any of the weapons on his table. If you live in an area like Alaska where you're occasionally attacked by polar bears, then okay. But I don't think that's what he has in mind. All of his video clips were about using the weapons on human beings.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The following video walks through the history of advancements in long guns, from the hand cannon to the AR-15.

It details the importance of not endangering the weakest of our people, by forcing them to defend their own lives with "old," "clunky," "difficult to use," "relics."

This is why everyone should not have access to high powered weapons, in fact, no regular civilians should have access to semi or autos, as your deer or pheasant would taste more metallic. I do not own any firearms, cos I do not hunt. But if I did hunt, I would probably own a 0.22, meant for hunting only. These AR weapons are military grade bro. Alright, I'll step out of this thread before the NRA supporters attack.

Columbine, CO: April 20, 1999
1713723620072.jpeg

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟189,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
An AR15 is nothing more than a semi-automatic rifle. It can take a large capacity magazine, but so
can other semi-auto rifles like a 308.

The main difference is that an AR15 is generally lighter than a .223 hunting rifle.

That being said, it's not the AR15 that is the problem, but the person who chooses to kill or comit
other crimes with it. They could easily use a truck or car to kill if that is their intent and we've seen
that happen in the past 10 years.

Until society begins to accept that killing other innocent human beings is wrong, we'll continue to
see people committing mass murder.

BTW, in Boston and in France recently, explosives were used. Killing is what was wrong, not what
was used.

Upvote 0

th1bill

A Believer/Follower
Jul 5, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟70,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am big on the NRA and the right to carry being 79 and born in Texas. I am also a three-tour Vietnam Veteran Christian and carry no longer. I never fired my M-16 but used my M-60 and assorted side arms, profusely. My In-house piece is a .357 Rugar, loaded with underpowered, flat-nosed, target rounds that will not pierce the walls to kill my neighbor. There must be common sense in being armed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm surprised you didn't post this in the prepping forum. It's a better fit for that demographic. Unless you're up for debate. ;-)
I would have preferred to have posted it there; but there is a slightly political aspect to the video; so I felt that it would be best for everyone to post it here.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟359,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

"How i learned to love the bomb". Peter Sellers

Reactions: th1bill
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have trouble picturing a morally acceptable use of any of the weapons on his table. If you live in an area like Alaska where you're occasionally attacked by polar bears, then okay. But I don't think that's what he has in mind. All of his video clips were about using the weapons on human beings.
Do you believe that YHWH gives the thumbs up on defending your life from bears in Alaska, but not from wild pigs in Texas? Does our father in heaven call us to allow ourselves to be murdered by criminal predators?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The AR-15 is too light and fires too fast. The only thing worse is the M-16.
Hmmm... Interesting. So you believe that we should take these firearms away from our public servants, and make them use hand cannons again?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Everyone needs a nuclear bomb. You never know when the Reds are coming.

*plays Fallout music*
There is no nuke launcher attachment for the AR-15; but it's too late. The Reds are already here; and the Russians, who are posing as non-Communists are the strongest nuclear power in the world.

So can we get back on topic now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟50,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate to tell you, but wild animals can be dangerous in the Lower 48, too. There are places where I used to go unarmed growing up that I would not now due to four-legged and no-legged varmints. Main concerns here are black bear and wild hogs, though I've heard cougars scream at night before and have seen bob cats and there have been those killed by dogs in the region.

Ironically, I wouldn't trust the .223 or 5.56x45 round (they aren't the same) against black bear and hog, and neither are Alaska class wild animals. I have been interested, from time to time, in the .308 in an AR platform (the AR-10) because there are round in that caliber that can handle these animals. Why the AR platform? I think the configuration has less muzzle climb. If you look at it, the barrel is directly in line with the top of the stock. And that's it. There's nothing "magic" about the AR platform. I think it's a good technological advancement, but it's not even a new advancement. The AR platform has been around since the 1950s, and have seen civilian models in gun stores since at least the 1970s. What the AR-15 has going for it is the .223 or 5.56X45 round has relatively low recoil. And yes, if it's legal for your state, you can hunt some game using the AR-15.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that everyone "needs" an AR-15. That's like claiming no one "needs" an AR-15. The question is who determines need and whether we can trust their judgment. If you don't feel comfortable owning an AR-15 or any other weapon, then don't.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am big on the NRA and the right to carry being 79 and born in Texas. I am also a three-tour Vietnam Veteran Christian and carry no longer. I never fired my M-16 but used my M-60 and assorted side arms, profusely. My In-house piece is a .357 Rugar, loaded with underpowered, flat-nosed, target rounds that will not pierce the walls to kill my neighbor. There must be common sense in being armed.
I took some NRA classes with some military firearms experts, who convinced me that striated hollow points were the way to go. I've done my own extensive ballistics tests which proved that they were correct.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
This is why everyone should not have access to high powered weapons, in fact, no regular civilians should have access to semi or autos, as your deer or pheasant would taste more metallic. I do not own any firearms, cos I do not hunt. But if I did hunt, I would probably own a 0.22, meant for hunting only. These AR weapons are military grade bro. Alright, I'll step out of this thread before the NRA supporters attack.
I would encourage everyone to watch the video in the OP; before making arguments from ignorance.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟338,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that YHWH gives the thumbs up on defending you life from bears in Alaska, but not from wild pigs in Texas? Does our father in heaven call us to allow ourselves to be murdered by criminal predators?

I trust you mean actual pigs, and that you're not using "wild pigs" metaphorically to refer to human beings.

Upvote 0