✟15,906.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3 Nephi 11
14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.

This is not right!

Jesus is the God of Israel and He is the God of this Earth, he created it and it belongs to Him.

Psalm 47 verse 7 . "For God is King over all the earth"

Isiah chapt 54 verse 5 ...
For thy Maker is thine husband;
The LORD of hosts is his name;
And thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel;
The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Ist corinthians chapt 10 verse 26
for, "The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof."

Exodus chap 9 verse 29.
Moses said to him, "When I have left the city, I will spread out my hands to the LORD. The thunder will cease, and there will be no more hail, so that you may know that the earth is the LORD's.

Dueteronomy Chap 10 verse 14
Behold, to the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, and the earth and everything in it.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, the word "offspring" would connote that we are not adopted of God, but are literally his children by being his "offspring".

The children of God need to be adopted into the house of Jesus Christ our Lord in order to again gain access to our rightful heritage. So children of God who kept their first estates. Came to earth and became adopted into the house of Jesus and kept their second estates, and now we are heirs of all that God has, and co-heirs with Jesus as a part of his adopted children. It all works well and fits nicely.

Paul is quoting a pagan poet in Acts 17, not Scripture -- as a means of reaching out. That does not make it a true statement by the poet.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I guess you did not read that I know that we must be adopted also. But not into the household of God. We are already offspring of Him from our first estate which we kept.

We need to be adopted into the house of His Son, Jesus the Christ. Only by being adopted into the Son's house may we again access the house of God. So we keep our second estate, and believe in Jesus and become adopted into his house and then we are resurrected and are exalted with the Son, and are co-heirs with the Son of all that the Father has.

Out of curiosity, tell me from this scripture, what were these angels first estate, that they left?
And the word "first" implicates more estates. So what is the angels second estate?
Can you tell me if there is a third or fourth estate?
Jude 6 King James Version (KJV)
6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Jude 6 is speaking about angels, not Spirit Children. Angels do not have offspring with other Angels. Nor were Angles birth from a Mother of any kind. There are various theories about angels mating with women in Genesis. One is angels taking on human bodies when they appeared on earth. Another, is those angels possessing men to have sexual relations.
I forget the other theories.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I know your reason for agreeing that we all need to be adopted---you're adoption is for different reasons--we are adopted by God the Father, that we may inherit with His One and Only Son. See---the Father has no grandchildren, just as He had no grandfather. To be adopted by the Son, makes us the children of Jesus, the grandchildren to God. The Father calls us His children, never His grandchildren. Jesus is not our Father for through His humanity, He became our brother. In your version, you reject being the children of God the Father, to be children of His Son---I reject that---I am the child of the One and Only Living God the Father, and my Brother is Christ, His One and Only Son. Not only through our shared humanity, but by being the adopted children of His Father. Sorry---but I find the JS version offensive.
The angels 1st estate (home) is when they were in heaven with God and Lucifer led them away. Their 2nd ended up on earth. They're 3rd, and final will be in the lake of fire.

1. John 3:6
    That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. John 3:8
    The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
As you know when we are born again, we are born of the Spirit.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know that everything LDS is offensive to you. But if you look at the adoption sequence we are not far off from what you believe. It just cannot be that offensive to you unless you look to be offended.

OK, the dragon/lucifer took 1/3 of the angels from their heavenly home and brought them to their second estate, which is earth, and their third estate will be the lake of fire. Good.

Now lets talk about the 2/3 that aligned themselves with Michael and fought the dragon/lucifer and won the war in heaven. These 2/3 kept there first estate and were not cast out of heaven.
What is their second estate? what is their third estate?

I am puzzled friends, I do not remember the Bible, nor the Church Fathers teaching that the angels who did not rebel fought a war in Heaven. God himself is powerful enough to cast them out. We know from the book of Job that Satan does visit Heaven.

The Battle in Revelation 12 is still fulture.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus is the God of Israel and He is the God of this Earth, he created it and it belongs to Him.

Psalm 47 verse 7 . "For God is King over all the earth"

Isiah chapt 54 verse 5 ...
For thy Maker is thine husband;
The LORD of hosts is his name;
And thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel;
The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Ist corinthians chapt 10 verse 26
for, "The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof."

Exodus chap 9 verse 29.
Moses said to him, "When I have left the city, I will spread out my hands to the LORD. The thunder will cease, and there will be no more hail, so that you may know that the earth is the LORD's.

Dueteronomy Chap 10 verse 14
Behold, to the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, and the earth and everything in it.

2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Why would God blind people to the gospel?

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have the virus again. I had to go to the Hospital for shots which restored my breathing. I stop counting since I have been getting it every month. Now, I am in double digits. At least, my blood has been used to heal others and for research. Even used in researching a vaccine.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟82,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God is still the GOD of this earth and always was---Satan became only the PRINCE of this world when A+E sinned. He still required permission from God for some things. He lost his title at the cross.
He never was god of this earth, he just wanted to be. Those who want what he did, will end up like he does.

Joh_12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Joh_14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.
Joh_16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Eph_2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Jesus and His Father and the Holy Ghost are one God; they are not the same Person.

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I am puzzled friends, I do not remember the Bible, nor the Church Fathers teaching that the angels who did not rebel fought a war in Heaven. God himself is powerful enough to cast them out. We know from the book of Job that Satan does visit Heaven.

The Battle in Revelation 12 is still fulture.

Rev. 12 has already happened. At the cross Satan was finally cast out completely. Until then they had access to the heavenly courts as Job describes. The woman is the church. Jesus is the man child.

Rev 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
But there are those who think as you do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.