✟15,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

"Heaven" is where the Lord is, so being in His presence is being in Heaven.

After the great tribulation there will be a time when the Father moves Heaven to earth

There are Three Heavens. Sometimes it is difficult to tell which one is being referred to. Context helps determine which is which.

Your verse is describing Abraham's Bosom. That is where the LORD is now until the Marriage Supper.

Remember...

Having Children outside of marriage is a sin. The Marriage must take place *before* the Redeemed can become Born Again.

It is a step-by-step process. The Rapture is just one stage.

By the way, the Church generally teaches the Three Heavens falsely. The Third Heaven is the Kingdom of God Within, hence Abraham's Bosom where the Redeemed 'rest' until the Bride shows up...

1 Abraham.png

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟15,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A strong delusion is mentioned in the New Testament: 2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this reason God shall send them a strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

This delusion has people looking forward to the 2nd Coming (in the so called rapture to heaven, Pre, Mid, or Post) believing in a rapture removal from the earth.

Incorrect. The delusion happens after death. Most do not understand this. The Strong Delusion is the torment that happens to those in Hell. It is one's biggest fear being placed upon them.

The Rich Man was an example of one who suffered the Strong Delusion. His biggest fear became reality.

God will choose the delusions on a case-by-case basis...

Isaiah 66:4
"I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not."

They will be different for each person. Again, it happens in Hell, not while someone is alive.

Look at the context...

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

Do you see the language?
  • They are perished.
  • They are damned.
The wicked are destroyed. Then the Strong Delusion comes.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟66,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting thread @oikonomia . I will have to read through it before posting too much.

I have been studying Pillars lately and found that a lot of your information matches with mine. If we continue with your theme of being Pillars in New Jerusalem, we discover something that may shock some Christians...

1 Samuel 2:8
"He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD’S, and he hath set the world upon them."

Before we become Pillars in New Jerusalem, we were Pillars in the Underworld first. Earth was set on top of us. Most will not understand as they are too indoctrinated into false dogma.
I found your insights interesting. I especially never took notice that the word "her" is applied to the tree of life.
I will however, attempt to show that this tree of life is Jesus dispensed into man.
And so the Bride of Christ which certainly is a "her". A vine tree circulating around and around the spiral street and
spiral river appropriately would be Christ imparted and dispensed into man. He is the true vine and we are the branches in John 15.

My favorite translation, the Recovery Version has "its fruit" rather than "her fruit" though.

And on this side and on that side of the river was the tree of life, producing twelve fruits, yielding its fruit each month; and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. (v.22 RcV)

I would like to see if "her fruit" is a rendering in any other good English translations.
King James has "her fruit".
Webster's Translation
also has "yielded her fruit."

I can see no other English renderings using "her".
Not being a textural critic though I would not venture to say no manuscript ever read "her" in Revelation 22:2.

I see in the original Greek handy to me -
ἐν μέσῳ τῆς πλατείας αὐτῆς καὶ τοῦ ποταμοῦ ἐντεῦθεν καὶ ἐκεῖθεν ξύλον ζωῆς ποιοῦν καρποὺς δώδεκα, κατὰ μῆνα ἕκαστον ἀποδιδοῦν τὸν καρπὸν αὐτοῦ, καὶ τὰ φύλλα τοῦ ξύλου εἰς θεραπείαν τῶν ἐθνῶν.

The supplied English being - in the middle of its street. On this side of the river and on that was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruits, yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

I want to reserve comment on "HER fruit" until further study.

However, God's purpose is to dispense the "Him" of the Firstborn Son of God into an corporate entity to be His counterpart.

Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless the grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it abides alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. (John 12;24)

The one grain of wheat is Jesus. The life concealed within the one grain must be released to bring about the mass production
of duplicates. In death fell into the ground and died. And the shell of His humanity was broken that the divine life could be
released into many grains. It is not the will of God that the one grain "abide alone."

So who then is the He and who then is the she or the "her"?
The Husband - He of this relationship no doubt is the Son of God who died and rose.
The Wife that is taken from Him and brought back to marry Him is the "her" - the church.

Husbands, love your wives even as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her
That He might sanctify her, cleansing her by the washing of the water in the word,
That He might present the church to Himself glorious, not having spot or wrinkle or any such things, but that she would be holy and without blemish. (Eph. 5:27)

Notice that the Bridegroom - Jesus Christ is the Spirit who indwells the Bride such that the two speak together.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come! And let him who hears say, Come! And let him who is thirsty come; let him who wills take the water of life freely. (Rev. 22:17)

We would normally think if the Bridegroom and the Bride as the pair.
Christ being the Bridegroom and the church being His Bride.

This is still true but Rev. 22:17 emphasis that the Bridegroom Jesus is the indwelling Spirit dispensed into the church.
Therefore the climax of this is dispensing is that they speak together.

From this angle the New Jerusalem is the she and the her of the Bride yet blended, united, and a mingled with the Bridegroom
the life within her.

I would apply this kind of thought to the tree of life in Revelation 22 with its fruit and its leaves, to
be not just the individual Jesus but the Jesus imparted, expanded, dispensed into a corporate entity.

We can see that if the tree of life grows along either side of the river of life it must be a spreading vine.
In other words the tree of life in Revelation 22 is a vine tree growing all along the sides of the river of life.

And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb in the middle of its street.
And on this side and on that side of the river was the tree of life, . . .

This sign of a vine tree called the tree of life all along either side of the river of life surely corresponds to
the Lord saying in John 15 that He is the true vine and we are the branches.

I am the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman. (John 15:1)
Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.
I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing. (vs. 4,5)

You see the vine and the abiding branches are one organism.
In this way in the concluding sign of God's eternal purpose we see a vine tree - the tree of life as
the Triune God dispensed into man to form one growing spreading organism.

The fruit must be the life of God Himself.
The leaves of the tree for the healing of the nations must be the behavior, deeds, acts of the sons of God
which are to be a healing of the nations.

I believe the sons of God are the eaters of the fruit.
And the behavoir of the sons of God as leaves are for the healing of the nations.

All these characteristics should be present in the normal church life even in this church age.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your verse is describing Abraham's Bosom.

No, that was a temporary holding place for old testament saints until the new birth became available because one must be born again to go in to the presence of God.

To be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord is speaking of being where the Lord is which is in Heaven. There is no further need for the temporary holding place (Abraham's Bosom) in the upper regions of hell as spoken of in the account of the rich man and Lazurus since God's people are born again.

Ephesians 4:8
When He ascended on high, He led captives away, and gave gifts to men

Jesus caused the all those OT saints to be raised from the dead then He took them to Heaven.

Matthew 27:50-53 records, And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split. The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Third Heaven is the Kingdom of God Within

Actually, the third Heaven is where the Lord is now, it's actually where God resides:

2 Corinthians 12:2
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟15,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I found your insights interesting. I especially never took notice that the word "her" is applied to the tree of life.
I will however, attempt to show that this tree of life is Jesus dispensed into man.
And so the Bride of Christ which certainly is a "her". A vine tree circulating around and around the spiral street and
spiral river appropriately would be Christ imparted and dispensed into man. He is the true vine and we are the branches in John 15.

DNA forms a type of spiral or helix. If we use the Kingdom of God Within method of interpretation, (i.e., biology, human physiology, anatomy, etc.) the text will reveal even more. Much of the symbolism of Jesus in the Bible points to 'Seed', or to be blunt, Male Sperm. For example:

Galatians 3:16
"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ."

What is Seed? A Child? Perhaps. However, there is another interpretation...

Luke 8:11
"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God."

The Word of God as Seed is synonymous to our modern concept of 'DNA'. The Word of God becomes DNA, then proteins, then flesh, etc...

John 1:14
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Thus, Jesus as a 'Vine' is basically teaching that Jesus is the DNA template that the Redeemed will be grafted into. Grafting is a picture of Gene Splicing...

Romans 11:23
"And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again."

New Jerusalem is symbolic of the womb that our DNA will be graffed into. The Pillar you referenced earlier is also a symbolic of a Genome.

If we wish to be even more specific, the 'Branches' represent individual Nitrogen Bases as we see in the Candlestick which represents Mitochondrial DNA...

Candlestick DNA.png

Thus, each person represents an individual letter in the Genome of God. The letters form the members of the Body just like DNA does...

1 Corinthians 12:19-20
"And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but one body."

The 'Lamb' represents a Nitrogen Base (i.e., Seed/Word of God). The Seven Eyes represent the seven Electrons of Nitrogen. One day a new 'engraving' or Gene Sequence will be written on the Nucleobase...

Zechariah 3:9
"For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day."

In other words, Sin will be removed from the Soul i.e., Genome.

I want to reserve comment on "HER fruit" until further study.

Sure, I get that. However, if we were to keep comparing New Jerusalem to a womb, we would discover that at some point they match up far too well to be a coincidence.

For example, Hagar represents Earthly Jerusalem...

Galatians 4:25 (New International Version)
"Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children."

In other words, God is linking the womb of an Earthly Mother to Earthly Jerusalem. The 'Temple' in Jerusalem is the Zygote inside of her...

mhp-0707.png
mhp-0709.png

The Tabernacles and Temples are scale models of Eukaryotic Cells. We are clothed with the Tabernacle. Does this make sense? Think of Mystery Babylon giving birth to harlots and abominations. It is a Biology issue.

The womb of Sarah gives birth to Children of Promise...

Galatians 4:31
"So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free."

See? We must be Born Again through Sarah as well as Abraham.

Look at the so called 'Pearly Gates'...

Revelation 21:21
"And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass."

What is the Gate? It is the Gate of the Womb. Look...

Job 3:10 (Brenton Septuagint Translation)
"Because it shut not up the gates of my mother's womb, for so it would have removed sorrow from my eyes."

Job 38:8 (Brenton Septuagint Translation)
"And I shut up the sea with gates, when it rushed out, coming forth out its mother's womb."

Think Sea of People. The Gates are euphemism for the Vulva. Sorry to be so blunt.

We would normally think if the Bridegroom and the Bride as the pair.
Christ being the Bridegroom and the church being His Bride.

This is still true but Rev. 22:17 emphasis that the Bridegroom Jesus is the indwelling Spirit dispensed into the church.

The Marriage in Heaven is different than here on Earth. They do not work the same way. The Marriage in Heaven is the Seed fertilizing the Fruit. In other words, it is Conception between Sperm and Ovum, not marriage between two adult humans.

The Redeemed represent the Spirit that enters the Zygote upon Conception. During the Rapture, the Redeemed 'float' because they are not clothed with their final Tabernacle yet. It is like caterpillar vs. butterfly. The process is not complete at that stage.

Therefore the climax of this...

Yes, the Bride and Groom must consummate the marriage...

"In many traditions and statutes of civil or religious law, the consummation of a marriage, often called simply consummation, is the first (or first officially credited) act of sexual intercourse between two people, following their marriage to each other."

Again, Conception in Heaven is different. It is a 'Gene Splicing' event rather than a sex act.

We can see that if the tree of life grows along either side of the river of life it must be a spreading vine.

Ovary are on each side of the Birth Canal...

1 Sarah.png

The leaves of the tree for the healing of the nations must be the behavior, deeds, acts of the sons of God
which are to be a healing of the nations.

The Leaves represent the new 'Covering', opposite of the Covering Adam and Eve tried to clothe themselves with...

Genesis 3:7
"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons."

God eventually clothed the couple with the skin and flesh we have now...

Job 10:11
"Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews."

New Jerusalem is where the Redeemed get their final clothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟15,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, that was a temporary holding place for old testament saints until the new birth became available because one must be born again to go in to the presence of God.

To be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord is speaking of being where the Lord is which is in Heaven. There is no further need for the temporary holding place (Abraham's Bosom) in the upper regions of hell as spoken of in the account of the rich man and Lazurus since God's people are born again.

Jesus caused the all those OT saints to be raised from the dead then He took them to Heaven.

Matthew 27:50-53 records, And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. And behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth shook and the rocks were split. The tombs were opened, and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; and coming out of the tombs after His resurrection they entered the holy city and appeared to many

I disagree with your interpretations. Abraham was not some evil tyrant 'holding prisoners'. That is an absurd notion. Abraham's Bosom was never 'emptied out'.

The 'Captives' represent the entire human race who are in bondage. We are all prisoners here and we need to be saved.

The Lamb will lead the Redeemed out of Abraham's Bosom to New Jerusalem...

Revelation 7:17
"For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

If the Throne Room is the final Heaven, then why does the Lamb need to lead the Redeemed out of it?

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟15,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, the third Heaven is where the Lord is now, it's actually where God resides:

2 Corinthians 12:2
I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Bingo! That is where both John (and I am assuming Paul also) went to. The Lamb is there waiting to lead them to New Jerusalem.

Look at the pun in the verse you posted...

"whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell"
  • In the Body = Microcosm (Kingdom of God Within)
  • Out of the Body = Macrocosm (Outer Space *AND* Earth's Atmosphere)
These are the actual Three Heavens:
  • Heaven #1: Spirit Realm
  • Heaven #2: Macrocosm
  • Heaven #3: Microcosm
The Church split Heaven #2 into two parts and hid the Third Heaven from everyone. This is why Christians have such trouble putting things together.

Look...

Matthew 13:24
"Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field"

Do you see it? The Kingdom of God Within is the Word of God Seed! DNA. It is Life. It is the Genome quickened in the Body...

Romans 14:17
"For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."

The Kingdom is Within. :)

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I disagree with your interpretations.

No problem, when I die I'm going to where the Lord is at.

Abraham's Bosom was never 'emptied out'.

You have not been there so you can't say one way or the other.

God's Word says Jesus led captivity captive so that's what happened.

The OT saints could not come home to Heaven until the new birth became available and once it did the Father wanted them in His presence and so that's what happened.

The Kingdom is Within

God's throne is in an actual place called Heaven.

The Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost which is what is in the believer because of the Holy Spirit.

Literal Heaven is not in your heart where God's throne is where Jesus is seated at the right hand of God.

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟15,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe this is too much Meat of the Word for folks to swallow, but I will add this to those who are ready...

Mountains in the Bible are often euphemisms for the Male Generative Principle (i.e., the Phallus).

Mount Zion represents the Phallus that the Seed will 'flow into' so that they can 'penetrate the Gates' of New Jerusalem...

Isaiah 2:2
"And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD’S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it."

The Lamb, representing Abraham's Seed, is at the 'head' or 'tip' of the Phallus...

Revelation 14:1
"And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads."

Mount Zion2.png
Mount Zion3.png

The 144,000 are extra 'Seed' that enter the Gates of the Mother of us All. New Jerusalem descends onto the 'Mountain' to consummate the Marriage.

No more will the uncircumcised Phallus penetrate her Gates...

Isaiah 52:1
"Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean."

Hopefully Mt Zion has his Viagra ready to 'put on strength'. Do you folks see this yet?

The opposite is Mystery Babylon who 'sits' (procreates) with the Phallic Mountains to give birth to the various Antichrists throughout history...

Revelation 17:9
"And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth."

The 'head' or 'tip' of the Mountain is where she 'plays the harlot' as in literally procreates...

Jeremiah 2:20
"For of old time I have broken thy yoke, and burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot."

Euphemism is the Meat of the Word.

Moses went to the 'tip' of the 'Mountain' to retrieve the 'Seed'...

Exodus 31:18
"And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God."

The Seed is the Word. Moses put the Seed in the Most Holy Place (Nucleolus) of Tabernacle Zygote. The Heart of the Earth.

OK, I will take a break now. For more info, check out my research...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟66,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In Ephesians 4:8 the quotation Paul uses from Psalm 68:18 he applies to "each one of us".

But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
Therefore the Scripture says, “Having ascended to the height, He led captive those taken captive and gave gifts to men.”

You are interpreting "each one of us" to mean each one of them who were seen in Jerusalem after His resurrection in Matthew 27:50-53.

This doesn't make good sense because Paul and the "each one of us" were not dead in the tombs at that time.

The saints whose bodies came out of the tomb did not become the gifts given to the church as
as apostles and some as prophets and some as evangelists and some as shepherds and teachers,
For the perfecting of the saints unto the work of the ministry, unto the building up of the Body of Christ, (Eph. 4:11b,12)

The meaning Paul ascribes to the quotation is not the meaning you ascribe. Your interpretation is that the resurrected saints
ascended with Jesus to heaven and were given to the church to build her up as prophets, evangelists, and shepherds and teachers.

Concerning whatever happened to saints from the OT who were seen raised and appearing in the city, the word of God
is completely silent. We are not told anything about them after this event.

We are told that the living saints, like Paul and his co-workers, were in Christ's triumphal procession as the ascended Lord.

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in the Christ and manifests the savor of the knowledge of Him through us in every place. (2 Cor. 2:14)

You should put this verse 2 Cor. 2:14 together with Ephesians 4:8 as refering to Christ leading captive people as now His serving ones
to bring about the knowledge of Christ to the world and also are for the buiding up of the church.

If we are living believers, you and I should be being led captive by the ascended Christ to be gifts to men
functioning to evangelize and also build up the Body of Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If we are living believers, you and I should be being led captive by the ascended Christ to be gifts to men
functioning to evangelize and also build up the Body of Christ.

Yes and when I die someday I'll go to be in Heaven where the Lord is, not to the upper regions of hell where OT saints went before the new birth became available.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟66,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And God's purpose for salvation is for man to be with Him.

This being with the Triune God amounts to the Triune God indwelling us in a joined union of life.
It begins with the regeneration of being born of God when our human spirit and the divine Spirit Who is
the Triune God become one mingled spirit.

He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit (1 Cor. 6:17)

This is the beginning of God spreading His life throughout our whole being.
Paul's pioneer in this experience taught that for him to live was Christ living in him.

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. (Phil. 1:21)

I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. (Gal. 2:20)

Whether in heaven or on earth the goal is Christ being our life living out from within us in a mingled and joined union of life.

This is the goal that God's grace is set to accomplish. So immediately following this testimony Paul says he did not
nullify or hinder the grace of God. He allowed this grace to have its full course in him uniting him in life with Christ.

. . . and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
I do not nullify the grace of God; for if righteousness is through law, then Christ has died for nothing. (vs 20b,21)

Where we are actually going is into this mingling of God and man for a corporate expression of God living out through His redeemed people.

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where we are actually going is into this mingling of God and man for a corporate expression of God living out through His redeemed people.

Yeah and anyhow when I die I'll be going to where the Lord is now which is in Heaven with the Father.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟66,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah and anyhow when I die I'll be going to where the Lord is now which is in Heaven with the Father.
Does your kind of emphasis imply God is the God of DEATH?
I mean in order to be with God you have to DIE.

Yes, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord - in a relatively more so basis.
Too many however think the realm in which men can be with God is in DEATH.

I would like to hear you say some more about resurrection and transfiguration to be with God.

For our commonwealth exists in the heavens, from which also we eagerly await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
Who will transfigure the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of His glory, according to His operation by which He is able even to subject all things to Himself. (Phil. 3:20,21
Recovery Version)

I would like to hear you say something about death being swallowed up in victory as all our mortal is consummed with the divine life of God.

For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
And when this corruptible will put on incorruption and this mortal will put on immortality, then the word which is written will come to pass, “Death has been swallowed up unto victory.”

Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting? (1 Cor. 15:53-55)

How do you feel about your entire being - spirit and soul and body being preserved complete in sanctification?

We have heard about "dying to go to heaven."
Can you tell us your thoughts on the entire being sanctified and presented blameless to God at His coming?

And the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thess. 5:23)

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does your kind of emphasis imply God is the God of DEATH?
I mean in order to be with God you have to DIE.

Of course I fellowship with the Lord thru His Word and His Spirit now.

Did you not know and understand that you will die someday?

Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Can you tell us your thoughts on the entire being sanctified and presented blameless to God at His coming?

You got it all figured out right?

Earlier in the thread they were saying in error when Christians die they don't go to Heaven but to the upper regions of hell

That's why I was replying about when I die I'll be going to be with the Lord where the Father is at in Heaven.

You gotta pay attention in order to keep up with the conversation.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟66,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course I fellowship with the Lord thru His Word and His Spirit now.

Did you not know and understand that you will die someday?
Yes.
If I do not live to meet Him alive, I will definitely die like Christians of the past.
Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Yes. Amen to this.
You got it all figured out right?
No. There are some unknowns.
But what is revealed will require forever for us to enjoy.

Earlier in the thread they were saying in error when Christians die they don't go to Heaven but to the upper regions of hell
That is most likely correct. Upon death we temporarily go to Paradise in the heart of the earth, the comfortable side of
the region of departed souls.

There have been many, many posts in this discussion. I have not gone back and read all of the statements from the beginning
in a long time. I started this thread.
That's why I was replying about when I die I'll be going to be with the Lord where the Father is at in Heaven.
I see.
While it may not be a major point to you, I don't think Christians die and immediately go to the third heavens.
I think this is a kind of, not careful assumption fueled by a traditional superfiscial understandings of the New Testament.

This should not cause alarm though because the Lord has places in which to preserve the souls of His saints
before their complete readiness spirit and soul and body to be preserved complete according to 1 Thess. 5:23.

No matter how many times it is pointed out that to appear "naked" or unclothed without the transfigured body in heaven
is not wantedby God. And it is not wanted by the apostle. Though, he would be in a comfortable and blessed place
with the Lord before this completion.

Look at Second Corinthians 5:1-4 again as I pose some questions after each verse.
I would like to see you briefly answer specifically each question.

For we know that if our earthly tabernacle dwelling is taken down, we have a building from God, a dwelling not made with hands, eternal, in the heavens. (v.1)

Does God intend for us to die and be in heaven within this "building from God" furnished to us to replace the taken down "tagbernacle" of our present body?

For also in this we groan, longing to be clothed upon with our dwelling place from heaven, (v.2)

Does the apostle groan to be unclothed in heaven? Or does he groan and long to be clothed with something?

If indeed, being clothed, we will not be found naked. (v.3)

Does the apostle expect and look forward to die, go to Heaven, and be naked before God in Heaven?
If he does only wish to die and be found before God naked is it in harmony with what God the Father wants for him?

or also, we who are in this tabernacle groan, being burdened, in that we do not desire to be unclothed, but clothed upon, that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

God hates death. For Paul to appear in heaven not clothed upon with all his being swallowed up by divine life, is that something God
wants?

Last edited:
Upvote 0