Where Is Everyone???

SnowOwlMoon

Aug 14, 2003
✟514.00
Faith
Catholic
Even though it's mid-October, surely there are still gardening topics to talk about! Yesterday, I planted 80 tulip bulbs, and today, I need to plant crocus, Muscari, snowdrops, and daffodils. Then I need to move some daylilies, and plant new daylilies, move some lavender and some iris. Prune a clematis, pile some rocks, plant a dwarf fir, prune a holly . . . oh, and the never-ending weeding.

What are other people doing in their gardens this month?

pixie_dust

crazy peep
Oct 14, 2003
right here, right now
Visit site
✟215.00
Faith
Non-Denom
hello snowowlmoon....tulips!!!! oh, i so love those....but i just wish we have them here in the philippines. well, i do love gardening! but right now, i'm at the university so i don't get to tend over my beloved plants. my mum does those for me now. but if i were home, i would be redoing the landscape of our lawn.....having lotsa climbing shooting stars climb along the grills or our windows......and also be repotting out palm trees!

oh, and yeah! since we're in the tropics, it's the season of mangoes here now. so i'd be harvesting baskets of ripe yellow and green mangoes from our six mango trees at the back of our house! =o)

Upvote 0

SnowOwlMoon

Aug 14, 2003
✟514.00
Faith
Catholic
Oh, I envy you living in the tropics! The closest I got was a week spent in Hawaii visiting a friend, and I do remember all the plants growing when we went hiking. This was in November, and I remember wondering how long those plants would live outside . . . then recalled these were natives! I was used to seeing them only as houseplants, LOL! And I remember the wonderful fresh fruits--they tasted so much better there than they do here, and some we can't get here (fresh guavas).

Upvote 0