West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh my goodness, I stumbled upon a show on Netflix called When They See Us, and it is sooooo sad! It's about a case I never heard of before watching this movie, about the Central Park 5 and the r*pe of the jogger. It has 4 parts. Apparently the case is famous but I never heard of it till now. It happened in 1989. It's about 4 black boys and one hispanic boy who were 14, 15 and 16 years old, who were wrongfully convicted of r*ping a jogger and they went to prison for it. Wow. That whole thing was messed up. They didn't have any DNA evidence, no witnesses who identified them, they had sperm in the victim's sock but it didn't match any of the 5 boys, no evidence whatsoever and the victim lost her memory so she didn't know who did it, but they still convicted those boys. The boys kept saying they didn't do it at first. But they locked them in a room with cops and detectives for 42 hours with no food and no lawyer or guardian or parent and beat and interrogated them till they finally got those boys to "confess". Then years later the real person who did it confessed that he did it alone by himself and the boys who were men by then, were set free. That is so sad. Thank the Lord that the real person who did it got saved and wanted to confess for all of the sins he had done and he told them it was him and him alone that did it. He said he didn't want anyone else to have to pay for his sins. Those boys didn't even know the real r*pist.

Last edited:

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is nothing new.

I hear about cases like this all the time, like, people who commit no crimes go to jail anyways. The justice system is still messed up that way. It needs revision and overhaul.

Exactly!

Upvote 0