What's on your mind?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL!!!

Inches, miles and pounds are an English invention based on the body measurements of certain English monarchs. They were based on ancient Roman measures.

So they are undisputedly "English."
British Imperial System | measurement system

The metric system, OTOH, is a FRENCH invention.
Metre - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Matt 6:25-34
Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Welcome PeachieKeen! And cool idea bringing this fun thread here!

Congrats on your marriage, and welcome to the Marriage board!

As for whats on my mind, I fully read this as "Welcome to The Marriage Bed!" and had to quickly doublecheck which forum I was on lol

• Haha
Reactions: PeachieKeen
Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Also - I want to write. Some of y'all might know (I don't know, this isn't me plugging, just thinking out loud) - but I have a blog/website and a podcast. I love both a lot. But I want to write something. I don't know if it's something fictional, poetry, a story, or a book(ish...thing?) from/about my perspective and experiences. I've got a growing itch that I want to scratch, but I don't know where to start/what to do.

Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also - I want to write. Some of y'all might know (I don't know, this isn't me plugging, just thinking out loud) - but I have a blog/website and a podcast. I love both a lot. But I want to write something. I don't know if it's something fictional, poetry, a story, or a book(ish...thing?) from/about my perspective and experiences. I've got a growing itch that I want to scratch, but I don't know where to start/what to do.
I'd say just jump in and let your passions lead you! I usually do a high level outline/brainstorm and then I'll get inspired enough that the idea takes over.

Reactions: Guy Incognito
Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Welcome PeachieKeen! And cool idea bringing this fun thread here!

As for whats on my mind, I fully read this as "Welcome to The Marriage Bed!" and had to quickly doublecheck which forum I was on lol
lol - that's funny

Truthfully I found that other board kinda creepy!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I LOVE writing!! I've written two novels...very rough. I have no idea how to proceed to publish them. One is about hostage negotiation and the other is just a silly fantasy novel I wrote when I was a preteen.
Now, I like to write fanfiction for fun. (just to keep up my writing skills)

Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I should be planting my garden. I have a whole bunch of plants under a tree ready to go in but I'm procrastinating this morning. I feel all rebellious LOL If I was at home, I would have accomplished so much more with my mom after me. I'm enjoying my freedom too much. All this self-discipline stuff sheesh. J/K I don't actually care to accomplish very much today. But I do have a long list of things I should do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel like I'm on one of those creative waves right now... It's really exciting!

Made some business cards to give people i film at comic con with all my socials so they will know where to find the videos. Turned out really cute! Also designed a logo for my 31 days of Halloween coming up that I'm really excited about. Have tons of new video ideas, figured out how I'm going to do all my cosplaying stuff (making a TON of costumes this year between YouTube, comic con and Halloween), came up with some backdrops, and even made a theme song.. Lol.

I love when the slumps end like this.

Upvote 0

PeachieKeen

Apr 24, 2017
Southwest
✟104,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really happy about this board guys. When I first got here I was worried because it seemed like it was only people expressing unhappiness, but it feels like things have shifted completely.

I hope everyone is still comfortable sharing the things they struggle with also, but I'm so happy the overall tone is more positive. I'm excited to grow in friendship with y'all.

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Really happy about this board guys. When I first got here I was worried because it seemed like it was only people expressing unhappiness, but it feels like things have shifted completely.

I hope everyone is still comfortable sharing the things they struggle with also, but I'm so happy the overall tone is more positive. I'm excited to grow in friendship with y'all.

^1000xthis! It's great that this is a place where marrieds can support each other in prayer, hear each other's struggles, and people can vent and seek wisdom. That being said, when it's always just the heavy stuff - it can be daunting to try to share. I'm loving all these light and fun threads, and the friendships that are springing out of them. I know this is definitely also on me (for not trying more), but I haven't felt community like this on this site since I was on the singles board. I love what we've got happening homies!

Upvote 0

Guy Incognito

Sep 27, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Visit site
✟73,158.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
If any of y'all are into geeky stuff (comics, anime, etc), y'all should check out the Faith and Fandom book series and podcast. Great stuff in there about finding God in Geek Culture. It's fantastic.

Upvote 0