Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because you can't question much of anything in OBOB lest it be "EVIL HERETIC DISSENTER!!!"

Could I really say over there that I don't particularly care what gender a priest is, I think that the priest abuse scandal is much worse than a few Catholics on the Pill, and that a bit of lay participation in the Church might not be such a bad idea?

Well, you could ... if you have a very thick armour against verbal abuse! ;)

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
See, this is kinda the reason I didn't want this forum - can we not use it as a place to hurl insults and derision at OBOB? This forum has been pretty good so far, and I don't want to see it go down that road.

I don't either, and I hope all can behave, either on this side or the other side! :)

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
I don't want this forum to hurl insults at any other forum. I hope we can be bigger than that.
I agree, so I edited my post to cover just a "certain few" posters there, which is more truthful and more in line with what I wanted to express to begin with.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Sooner or later, everyone comes to Babylon 5." - Jeffrey Sinclair in "The Gathering"

:D
"And so it begins"
"There is a hole in your mind"
"Not everyone here is what he appears to be"
"Get the hell out of our galaxy!"

What a great show. It had amazing continuity, character development, and story development through the five year run. I've never seen anything else quite like it.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
A forum is its members...
Well, at the risk of seeming impetuous, what I offered was a piece of advice, not an insult, so to insinuate that I insulted anyone is an afrontery to my character, suh, and ah demayund satisfactionah!

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hi everyone! i didnt realize there was now a liberal Catholic forum. interesting. hope ya'll dont mind if i hang out here as well as at Wesleys Parish. i just may fit in here and even belong for that matter..
Just a few months ago my hubby and i started going to a Nazarene church a few months ago. The main reason is for fellowship (womens group/mens group/sunday school etc) i have an autistic 3 yr old and i wanted to have him go to nursery while we go to church so he has an hour and a half a week with other kids. We picked a small church, because he would be overwhelmed with 25 kids in a room. So he is with about 7 kids each week.
anyhoo...i was previously married but never got an anulment. Current hubby and i got married in a Lutheran church 10 yrs ago. The Catholic church wouldnt consider me Catholic. Me and hubby consider ourselves Catholics that go to a Nazarene church. We are baptizing our third child in the Catholic church in September. But, we dont go to mass, and we DO go to the Nazarene church. (i hope this made sense). fact is..i stopped posting in OBOB a few months back, because i just never felt all that comfortable. maybe i can be comfortable here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
hi everyone! i didnt realize there was now a liberal Catholic forum. interesting. hope ya'll dont mind if i hang out here as well as at Wesleys Parish. i just may fit in here and even belong for that matter..
Just a few months ago my hubby and i started going to a Nazarene church a few months ago. The main reason is for fellowship (womens group/mens group/sunday school etc) i have an autistic 3 yr old and i wanted to have him go to nursery while we go to church so he has an hour and a half a week with other kids. We picked a small church, because he would be overwhelmed with 25 kids in a room. So he is with about 7 kids each week.
anyhoo...i was previously married but never got an anulment. Current hubby and i got married in a Lutheran church 10 yrs ago. The Catholic church wouldnt consider me Catholic. Me and hubby consider ourselves Catholics that go to a Nazarene church. We are baptizing our third child in the Catholic church in September. But, we dont go to mass, and we DO go to the Nazarene church. (i hope this made sense). fact is..i stopped posting in OBOB a few months back, because i just never felt all that comfortable. maybe i can be comfortable here.
Welcome! Glad you're here with us.

Upvote 0
J

JasonV

Welcome to LC RedTulipMoon! I hope you find yourself at home here.

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟259,152.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I agree, so I edited my post to cover just a "certain few" posters there, which is more truthful and more in line with what I wanted to express to begin with.
Thank you for editing, Caedmon, and I apprecitate your sentiment, but I agree with Da_Funkey_Gibbon. I want our forum to be welcoming to anyone that wants to post here and talk about the Catholic faith, not as an anti-OBOB fourm. I appreciate everyone seeing that:)

oh and, Welcome RedTulipMoon

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat

Bless you and welcome!! We hope that you contribute and share your quest with us!!!:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Don't know why we can't all just hang out in OBOB. :confused:

It is simple - the moment a liberal Catholic will voice any dissent with the Mighty Magisterium, they will slam you down and some may even abuse you verbally!

That is WHY!

Reactions: Protinus
Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for editing, Caedmon, and I apprecitate your sentiment, but I agree with Da_Funkey_Gibbon. I want our forum to be welcoming to anyone that wants to post here and talk about the Catholic faith, not as an anti-OBOB fourm. I appreciate everyone seeing that:)
Yeah, you're right. I see how my comments could have scandalized or stigmatized other members. I guess I was feeling particularly grumpy when I posted it. I apologize to anyone I offended.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.