✟16,039.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just curious here.

Am I Liberal Catholic because I have no problem with someone smoking pot in the mother's basement watching cartoons and eating Cheetos and that I'm for gun control....or am I a Conservative Catholic because I support the war in Iraq and I'm against the death penalty?

Don't know why we can't all just hang out in OBOB. :confused:

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because you can't question much of anything in OBOB lest it be "EVIL HERETIC DISSENTER!!!"

Could I really say over there that I don't particularly care what gender a priest is, I think that the priest abuse scandal is much worse than a few Catholics on the Pill, and that a bit of lay participation in the Church might not be such a bad idea?

Reactions: kimber1
Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Because you can't question much of anything in OBOB lest it be "EVIL HERETIC DISSENTER!!!"

Could I really say over there that I don't particularly care what gender a priest is, I think that the priest abuse scandal is much worse than a few Catholics on the Pill, and that a bit of lay participation in the Church might not be such a bad idea?

ouch!

thanks lel

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I should have said using condoms - if the Pill is abortifacent then yeah, it's a big thing.

Changing that bit, I keep my statement.

we'e trying to work those things out ...we were just born you know...to make a metaphor awkward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

in2Nas

...using the brain God gave me.
Jul 7, 2005
New Mexico
✟16,039.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, I'm starting to think the more Catholic Forums the better. Protestants get like eight and we get a measly one... and a half??? How is that fair? :p

Sorry. Didn't know there was such a big push for this forum. I disagree with a lot of things and sometimes I do feel out of place in OBOB. But, I've been saying what I think now for the past year or so...because it's just a forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loki

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
✟17,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because it's nice to be able to discuss this stuff without everyone immediately aborting the conversation by telling us that it's forbidden to question the church, and in doing so we cease to be Catholic?

I know I'm much more likely to be driven away from the church by the folks at OBOB than by the people here, and I am currently on a razor's edge, I think.

Reactions: kimber1
Upvote 0

Loki

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
✟17,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I for one don't want to see anyone lose their faith, Loki, so if we can help in any way.....just ask.
Not sure I ever had faith to begin with, but I was raised in the church and am sort of approaching it again like a skittish squirrel. Quick movements and loud noises are likely to send me running in the other direction, or possibly up a tree.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others

I offer to a certain few posters in OBOB one of my favorite moments of Babylon 5:

"Now, if this bothers you, I suggest you stay in your quarters, stick your fingers in your ears and hum real loud until it's over. Unless you'd like to try something as breathtakingly rational as trying to open up a dialogue."
Captain Sheridan talking to G'Kar in "The Coming of Shadows" on Babylon 5

Upvote 0

Da_Funkey_Gibbon

I'm just like the others...
Jan 8, 2005
✟20,178.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
See, this is kinda the reason I didn't want this forum - can we not use it as a place to hurl insults and derision at OBOB? This forum has been pretty good so far, and I don't want to see it go down that road.

I was only half-joking with my first post, BTW. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.