What video games are you currently playing?

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟563,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hotline Miami. Not the sort of game I’d usually be into, but it’s kind of addicting and the speed at which the game loop resets helps mitigate the things I otherwise wouldn’t like.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sonic Superstars.

Enjoying this game, a lot. Feels like the classic Sonic games. While I like 2D Mario, I always much preferred 2D Sonic.
I remember when we had Sonic on Sega! Good times :)

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,170,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Excited for Super Mario RPG which comes out on the 17th. Early reviews are good... which isn't too surprising... but I was a little worried. Even Nintendo sometimes slips up.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,170,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Been playing the game Teardown. Quite a unique game.

Here is a Digital Foundry tech review. It's on PS subscription if you have it. Not sure about Xbox.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟563,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Been playing the game Teardown. Quite a unique game.

Here is a Digital Foundry tech review. It's on PS subscription if you have it. Not sure about Xbox.

I saw that in the PS+ catalog. Is it worth playing? It struck me as something that would be fun for a couple minutes, then just get repetitive.

I'm on to Hotline Miami 2. It's both easier and more difficult than the first one, and the story is quite a bit harder to follow.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,170,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I saw that in the PS+ catalog. Is it worth playing? It struck me as something that would be fun for a couple minutes, then just get repetitive.

I'm on to Hotline Miami 2. It's both easier and more difficult than the first one, and the story is quite a bit harder to follow.

I was worried about it only being an over glorified tech demo myself, but after playing a few hours the game has more depth than I thought it would. The missions are varied, and some are quite challenging. I was surprised how much the game makes you feel like a criminal. Grand Theft Auto is over the top, but this game really does make you feel like you're breaking the law, lol. Given I thought it was a pretty much a tech demo I was taken aback how edgy it is.

It's worth a download (less than 5GB file size). If you want, PlayStation lets you stream PS5 games now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,170,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Robocop Rogue City.

Want to finally try an Unreal 5 game.

Hope the game keeps the same level of humor as the film. Although the game has good ratings... so, it's probably a faithful adaptation.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,170,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Might have to finally get around to Cyber Punk 2077. Heard they added some new massive update.

I guess I was just a little wary before.. given it was released with some many bugs.. I've heard some poorly developed games can actually harm your system.. but at this point I figure it's probably safe to play.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,170,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Might have to finally get around to Cyber Punk 2077. Heard they added some new massive update.

I guess I was just a little wary before.. given it was released with some many bugs.. I've heard some poorly developed games can actually harm your system.. but at this point I figure it's probably safe to play.

Been playing a lot of Cyber Punk 77. It has such a cool atmosphere. Unlike GTA the controls are quick and responsive and doesn't feel sluggish. The city also feels much more alive. The story thus far is actually really interesting. Honestly this game has shocked me how good it is. Probably my favorite game of this current generation (I don't really view it as a last gen title even though it technically is..)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,170,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Been playing a lot of Cyber Punk 77. It has such a cool atmosphere. Unlike GTA the controls are quick and responsive and doesn't feel sluggish. The city also feels much more alive. The story thus far is actually really interesting. Honestly this game has shocked me how good it is. Probably my favorite game of this current generation (I don't really view it as a last gen title even though it technically is..)
One complaint though. The driving mechanics suck. Although I don't know if that was designed on purpose.. that future upgrades you get make handling a vehicle easier?

Upvote 0

adrianmonk

Recursive Algorithm
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟227,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
One complaint though. The driving mechanics suck. Although I don't know if that was designed on purpose.. that future upgrades you get make handling a vehicle easier?

Yea the driving mechanics are bad. The bikes seem to be a bit better, and the city has public transportation (which i can take for missions).

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

adrianmonk

Recursive Algorithm
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
✟227,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
On the PC, I am playing Counter-Strike 2. The accuracy is a bit hit and miss with getting randomly headshotted. Slowly ranking up.

On the PS, I am playing Bloodborne. I am almost done with the main game, decided to go through the expansion pack before I finish the final boss (and secret boss). Great mix of Gothic and Lovecraftian horror with amazing environmental design.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,170,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Coral Island.

If you enjoy Stardew Valley, I highly recommend this game. This game might even be superior in my opinion. Especially the quality-of-life features.

Upvote 0