What topics do you enjoy discussing with other people?

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This can be distinct from hobbies and interests, since what you enjoy doing can be different from what you enjoy talking about. For example, I enjoy sewing, but someone talking to me about it would bore me to no end.

Conversely, if someone walked up to me and started talking about web design, the two of us could end up in a cafe looking up frameworks and trying stuff, debating about whether Vue is better than Next.js and complaining about the AWS overlords. (See what I mean?) Another safe topic is chess - it’s hard to get in trouble discussing Karpov and Spassky and pawns to d4.

But what’s your topics that your friends wish that you would quit talking about…or the ones that you secretly wish that they would bring up so you could, you know, talk about them?

Reactions: Multifavs

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Being an artist, i enjoy discussing art with artist.

Rarely i may come across a person who is not an artist, that knows enough about art, to have a discussion with.

I enjoy discussing The Bible, specifically the area of eternal life, creation, the nephilim, future events. This also has to be done with, like thinking people or other wise it ends up in a debate.

But as a whole i am not a big talker so i do not engage in much topic discussion.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟155,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The topics I most enjoy talking about are art, writing, sewing, video games (some of my hobbies), plushies, figures, and merchandise related to my favorite characters (stuff I collect), the characters and series I made, and nature. I could probably talk about my favorite video games and the characters and series I made for a long time. :p

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
When i am around or talking to (by phone) old friends, people who i basically grew up with (i never moved to another city/town) so i have friends, that i have had since kindergarten age.

The conversations are very different than speaking with just everyday people or even new or newer friends.

The topics can vary a great deal anything from food, sports, movies, old tv shows, things we did growing up, etc....

Really nothing like having friends that know all the junk we all did growing up. There is something about sharing our youth together that just can not be duplicated with newer friends, even if they are a very good friend now.

Upvote 0