WHAT? Lost ending.

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Like ER. Does anyone even watch that show anymore?
I do. It's actually improved a lot this season. Not as good as the George Clooney days, but definitely up there with the Mark Greene Has A Brain Tumor days.

But I agree, it would break my heart for Lost to turn into a joke of a show, or a shadow of its former self. I would rather see it end on a high note and go down in history as being the best mystery drama on television, than to see it become "Lost - Is That Still On??"

Upvote 0

FatBurger

14% + Jesus = victory
Site Supporter
May 12, 2004
Portland, OR
✟38,868.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've always heard 5-6 seasons, and they've been adamant that 7 is too many - hence the jokes about the 7th season being the zombie season (their version of the "jumping the shark" cliche).

Reactions: MtDoraAngel
Upvote 0

Sawcut

Jan 15, 2007
✟15,117.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the LOST powers to be will have to pick the pace up or there will not be a fifth or sixth season for us to watch. The first seson was great, second seson was not great but enjoyable. The teaser we have had for the first six weeks this year have been a disapontment to me. Hopefully when the series begins next month we will have a better flow from one week to the next.

Upvote 0

sf49erfan

Veteran
Sep 30, 2005
Maryland (DC suburbs)
✟3,088.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe they could do something like Frazier. Take one character and start a new series.

Here's a suggestion. The Losties are rescued and get to New Zealand. Hurley decides that he is NEVER getting on another plane. He takes a ship back to LA. He gets shipwreaked on the way back, starting a whole new LOST with Hurley and new characters that were on the ship.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe they could do something like Frazier. Take one character and start a new series.

Here's a suggestion. The Losties are rescued and get to New Zealand. Hurley decides that he is NEVER getting on another plane. He takes a ship back to LA. He gets shipwreaked on the way back, starting a whole new LOST with Hurley and new characters that were on the ship.
I like that, but an Island would be too much like the first one. How about LOST as sea? Where the ship turns out to be mysterious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thinker

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm...

I always figured four, maybe five seasons for the show. The way it is set up, it is basically a lot of short stories and interconnected stories which are combined to form a much larger tale. Once the larger tale is told, and the smaller ones more or less wrapped up, there is no point in continuing.

About the only real spinoff potential I see would be for something based off of the online `Lost Experience' - and that would be more suited for a movie or miniseries type deal.

Much better to end a story and walk away than keep it going to the point where it becomes a joke.

Upvote 0

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Much better to end a story and walk away than keep it going to the point where it becomes a joke.

:amen: Once all the loose ends are tied up (and MAN, do they have a lot of loose ends!), I'd rather that the producers end the show than keep it going and going and going....

Upvote 0

Thinker

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Once all the loose ends are tied up (and MAN, do they have a lot of loose ends!), I'd rather that the producers end the show than keep it going and going and going....

I have a suspicion that a lot of the `minor mysteries' are going to get wrapped up or clarified in the next eight or ten episodes. Things like `Adam and Eve', the cable going into the water found by Sayid, the giant statue of the four toed foot, stuff like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thinker

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ok...

The bit about the meaning of the show is interesting.

Lindelof Talks Lost's End

Damon Lindelof, co-creator and executive producer of ABC's hit show Lost, told SCI FI Wire that 100 episodes is the magic number for the series, and that he would like to see it end in the fifth season. "Personally speaking, from the word 'go,' it always felt to me somewhere in the neighborhood between 90 and 100 episodes was going to be a version of Lost where we never had to do the bad season," Lindelof said in an interview after a press conference at the Television Critics Association press tour in Pasadena, Calif., on Jan. 14. "We knew season one was going to be introduction, season two was going to be into the hatch, season three was going to be the others. I don't want to tell you what season four is going to be. And then there was a wrap-up season, a shortened version, that would put you somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 episodes. At the end of season four we'll have produced 93 hours of the show. And I would imagine that would be very close to where it would end, ideally."

Lindelof and co-producer Carlton Cuse created a stir at the press tour when they announced during the panel that they are in discussions with the network about finding an end point to the show. They didn't give any details on the discussions, or a specific end date for the show, but Lindelof said in an interview that they have always had one in mind.

"We all looked at each other at the very beginning and said, 'By the grace of God will this show even survive 13 episodes,'" he said. "So Carlton and I are able to now sit down with [the network] and say, 'Remember in the very beginning when you were having us convince you that this thing could go on for years and years and years and we all agreed it couldn't? Well, now, just because it's successful doesn't mean that that's changed.' The reality is, they can produce a sixth or seventh or eighth season, but would anybody be watching? Because the show will be so miserable by that time. Was it really The X-Files anymore when [David] Duchovny and Gillian Anderson weren't on the show? For me, The X-Files wasn't about, 'Have aliens invaded?' It was about Mulder and Scully—a skeptic and a believer—and once that element of the show was gone, the show was over. So we don't want to produce those episodes of Lost, and in fact, we're not going to produce those episodes of Lost."

As for what Lost is about, Lindelof has a clear idea, and a specific plan about what needs to happen to the characters before the story concludes. "This show is about people who are metaphorically lost in their lives, who get on an airplane and crash on an island and become physically lost on the planet Earth," he said. "And once they are able to metaphorically find themselves in their lives again, they will be able to physically find themselves in the world again. When you look at the entire show, that's what it will look like. That's what it's always been about."

Lost returns with the first of an uninterrupted run of episodes on Feb. 7. It will still air on Wednesdays, but in a later timeslot, at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. —Cindy White

Upvote 0

Izzibeth

Oct 7, 2006
✟15,157.00
Faith
Atheist
I had always heard 5 seasons was the magic number (seasons-wise) and I'm glad they are going to stick to it. I remember back in the day when I used to love watching the X-Files. And I will agree with what Lindelof said. After they made the movie it was just like "... is this show still on?"

I love LOST and I don't want to ever not love it. If it has to end after 4.5 seasons, then do it. It came in shining and it should leave shining. :)

Upvote 0