United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Handmaidens Tale. A fantastic series.

I watched the first series with my girlfriend. She loves it. I wasn't as enthused but I didn't hate it either. I just couldn't get into the 2nd season. Seems like a lot of folks felt that way. Would you recommend just jumping on to season 3 or do you have to watch 2 to get the gist?

I have read the book. Didn't like that much at all but it was required reading. I did make my way through it fine. I do think that show is extremely well done, just visually and with the acting and all that.

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Did anybody see the Black Mirror with Miley Cyrus? :)

I did see that! Another show my girl picked, but I was content with. I've never been a big Miley fan. I liked those 2 other gals, the sisters.

Is that your favorite episode?

I didn't care for the show at 1st on account of that 1st episode but some have been great.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I watched the first series with my girlfriend. She loves it. I wasn't as enthused but I didn't hate it either. I just couldn't get into the 2nd season. Seems like a lot of folks felt that way. Would you recommend just jumping on to season 3 or do you have to watch 2 to get the gist?

I have read the book. Didn't like that much at all but it was required reading. I did make my way through it fine. I do think that show is extremely well done, just visually and with the acting and all that.
your gf has good taste. I could see a lot of parallels politically and religiously that are relevant today. It affected me from the perspective of how religion affects women adversely and how religion can be interpreted perversely for the purpose of exerting power over women.

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I did see that! Another show my girl picked, but I was content with. I've never been a big Miley fan. I liked those 2 other gals, the sisters.

Is that your favorite episode?

I didn't care for the show at 1st on account of that 1st episode but some have been great.

Yes! That's definitely my favourite. The cool thing about the show is you can just pick & choose what you want to see bc it's a new cast & premise with each one. Lol I love Miley so that was part of the reason why that one is my favourite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Never been a fan of the show, found it overrated.

It's literally the most popular show in the world, but it's not really the best show in the whole world. So I get thinking it's overrated. Some of the episodes were really truly great others kinda sucked. I liked the books a lot better.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's literally the most popular show in the world, but it's not really the best show in the whole world. So I get thinking it's overrated. Some of the episodes were really truly great others kinda sucked. I liked the books a lot better.
I loved GoT
I also loved Breaking Bad, Underbelly, and Killing Eve

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I loved GoT
I also loved Breaking Bad, Underbelly, and Killing Eve

I love Breaking Bad too but I def like Better Call Saul better. It's got the fun, witty elements bc of the same creators but it's lighter weight in a way.

I haven't heard of Underbelly! I'll have to look that up!

I like Killing Eve but have only seen 2 episodes. I think the channel it's on is no longer on our cable package bc it just disappeared! I'm kinda confused about the scene where the lady who is the killer gives Eve such a strange look when they encounter each other in the bathroom at the hospital. They were strangers to each other. If you remember that episode & know why lemme know.

Upvote 0

Caleb P

Dec 17, 2019
South Jersey
✟18,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure this has been done to death, but I'm also sure another thread couldn't hurt

Personally, I'm not sure what I like more out of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. You're doing yourself a disservice by not watching them In my opinion. Sentimentally, I love the Simpsons
I don’t really watch tv. There’s a lot of sinful, unchristian content on there. My parents don’t own one, and I don’t plan on buying one.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I saw the 1st 2 episodes of Killing Eve & I liked it a lot!!!!!

Right now I'm watching the The Chosen One on Netflix. It's about 3 young doctors who go to a remote village in Brazil to vaccinate residents from a new mutation of the zika virus. They run into opposition from this deceptive "faith healer" who fools ppl. It's kinda a metaphor for the misinformation from the "Karens" (ignorant anti-vaxxer brats in North America) that cause outbreaks of vaccine preventable diseases. The Chosen One | Netflix Official Site

OK so tip if anybody decides to watch this which everybody def. should bc it's amazing. You can either watch it in Portuguese w English subtitles OR you can watch it dubbed in English. I prefer watching it in English bc then if you look down for a second at a text you don't have to pause to avoid missing out on the subtitles.

Upvote 0