Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am getting bored in cooking. It’s not because I don’t enjoy it, but because I am running out of ideas and have found myself making the same things over and over. I have seen “what’s for dinner” threads elsewhere, but this one is a little different.

Please post what you are cooking for dinner, and a brief description.

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟700,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn’t realize the pot pie would need half and half, so I made chicken and dumplings instead.

Tonight, I made shrimp scampi (from the freezer section of wal mart) with angel hair pasta and green beans. The boys wouldn’t eat the shrimp, and my middle son wouldn’t eat the green beans. My daughter ate 5 shrimp (that’s a lot for a toddler), a few bites of pasta, and a few green beans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,735,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Grilled salmon and mango salsa!
I wish I liked salmon more. My husband loves it but I’m just not crazy about it. I tend to like to eat it in salads more than anything. Maybe I have not found my recipe yet.

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,513,382.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I didn’t like lentil the one time I tried it… do different recipes change the flavor of it?
I grew up eating a lot of lentils; they're fabulous if you know how to cook them.

For a beginner, I'd recommend soups, because they blend right in with everything else.

Here are some ideas:
Butternut Pear Red Lentil Soup - Be Naturally Fit (I made a big batch of this and am currently having it for lunches; it's really good)

I am not cooking tonight, but here's what's for dinner next time I cook.
Sesame Tahini Noodles (I'll stir fry and add in some extra veg; probably a mix of capsicum, snow peas, carrots, celery, maybe a bit of red cabbage).

@Michie I don't really like salmon either, but I found a recipe even I find pleasant enough:

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,735,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I grew up eating a lot of lentils; they're fabulous if you know how to cook them.

For a beginner, I'd recommend soups, because they blend right in with everything else.

Here are some ideas:
Butternut Pear Red Lentil Soup - Be Naturally Fit (I made a big batch of this and am currently having it for lunches; it's really good)

I am not cooking tonight, but here's what's for dinner next time I cook.
Sesame Tahini Noodles (I'll stir fry and add in some extra veg; probably a mix of capsicum, snow peas, carrots, celery, maybe a bit of red cabbage).

@Michie I don't really like salmon either, but I found a recipe even I find pleasant enough:
Thank you @Paidiske! I will let you know when I try that. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0