What is a Seventh-day Evangelical Adventist?

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
did not know about the ASRS tell me more
By the sermon titles on the ASRS site it looks to me like a lot of politically correct marxism. There is a lot of that creeping into the church now and it is tearing the church apart at the seams.

Be very careful.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟380,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
By the sermon titles on the ASRS site it looks to me like a lot of politically correct marxism. There is a lot of that creeping into the church now and it is tearing the church apart at the seams.

Be very careful.
what are you talking about? I could not find anything Marxist

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟889,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[STAFF EDITED DELETED QUOTE]

Actually, he probably fits in fine in the more liberal churches in his area. And this section of the forum is for folks like him:

Progressive/Evangelical Adventists Statement of Purpose
Members of this forum consider themselves Seventh Day Adventists or Evangelical Adventists that do not insist on acceptance of all 28 Fundamental Beliefs of the SDA church.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thar looks like a style issue not a substance issue. Using modern language to talk about old biblical Ideas
Nope. That is attacking SDA beliefs under the guise of marxist terminology. That is not simply "modern" language. That is marxist terminology on that website. We see it every day in the secular news used especially by marxists such as AOC.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟380,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So as far as you're concerned a non-Adventist cannot defend SDA beliefs. Doing so is no violation of forum rules. It is attacking SDA beliefs that is against forum rules.
no as far as i am concerned, a traditionalist or conservative cannot come on here and tell me what i am or what I believe. we are not traditionalist or conservatives, we are Seventh-day Evangelical Adventist. Just like there are Feast keeping Adventist. we have a slightly different take on things, but we are certianly Adventist.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟889,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status