• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What if I accidentally said the Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

PARCmd

Nov 27, 2007
✟7,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi!

I accidentally said a Blasphemous thought against the HS?

What should I do? I didn't mean it.

I was talking to myself (thinking/mumbling/saying/all combination of these three), and it was all OK, until I talked to myself in a language other than English. I ended a sentence, but then began another. My dilemma is this - since I said this not in English but in another language, the grammar states that a blasphemy was committed (its hard to explain), but basically, maybe I think it was a blasphemy... (Though it is not a blasphemy when the two sentences are literally translated into English). It was very far from my mind to commit the blasphemy (I'm even sooo scared of it).

If I considered them as two sentences, then the blasphemy has not been committed, but I am worried that if it wasn't even two sentences, but just one sentence, then that dreaded blasphemy has been committed...

:help:

Just during the entirety of February and March I always keep accidentally saying that I rennc Him, and now maybe I've blasphemed the HS???

Will God still forgive me, or am I REALLY, REALLY DAMNED?:cry:

I'm also very vigilant of what is coming out of my mouth so I will not renounce or blaspheme God or any member of the Trinity...

Reactions: kaykay637

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:hug: Dear brother:hug:
I know how painful this is, But do you realize whats really happening here again? Its just OCD.

Youve been having this problem for a long time we all have dealt with this but there needs to come a time where you need to just let it be, and trust God.

forget the word exposure and response here because until you realize that

1. Its OCD and not youre fault
2. You CANT commit this sin. You litterly cannot do it. Dont you realize that God knows your ill, I say it again, youre ill my friend.
3 God knows youre heart and knows you dont want this.

I have dealt with this in the past longer than i want to remember. was I personally able to just ignore it? not really how can I just sit and ignore it, But what I did realize God wanted one thing from me and this is important for everyone..

To trust that God knows youre heart. seems simple right, this is our heavenly Father not other people on the street who most of them will never understand what we've been through, but GOD! He created youre heart and knows it better than we do. He knew this would happen before you were even born.

You cannot blaspheme the Holy Spirit and you cannot renounce God unwillingly, I cant stress this enough.

God will heal you, He has the power, I wish i could tell you when but I cant. But what you can do in the meantime is face these trials head on as usual but know that you are safe no matter what goes on in youre head. Youre salvation isnt based on whats in youre head. Its based on what Jesus did for you on the cross.

Please listen to what I say im not just somebody who is trying to understand what youre going through but I am one who went through it..

Youre in my prayers:groupray:

1 Peter 5:7
Let Him have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you.

[SIZE=+1]Isaiah 41:10[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with My victorious right hand[/SIZE]

Upvote 0

jc9992

Oct 2, 2006
Florida
✟7,946.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Parcmd, ive been through everything youve described, and the logical answer to your problem is that you didnt blatantly say the two sentences together in english or whatever other language you were speaking, so obviously you didnt commit it.A better answer though would be that your not sure what you said,how you said it, and if you said it right, so your OCD quickly grabs onto that, in otherwords just ignore it.

I struggle with the exact same things as you so i know your pain and im praying for you.

Upvote 0

gracealone

Apr 5, 2007
Michigan
✟18,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Label it OCD, you "didn't mean it", it came on "accidently", therefore it was both unwanted and intrusive.

So if it's a manifestation of your OCD you have to treat it as OCD.

Just let it be there while doing your level best to Ignore it. Don't chase it.

Don't dwell on it, or give it attention, or try to solve it, or try to get certainty about it, or seek reassurance about it. If you do these things you'll only end up feeling worse as you will be giving the thoughts validity and feeding the OCD machine.

Try to refocus your brain on another activity.

Say to yourself, "THis is just my OCD trying to get me to do it's bidding and I'm not going to let it push me around". Put it off. Put it into an imaginary cubby hole in your brain and say. "OK I'm just going to let you stay right here while I go about my business."

I know this is very hard most especially because of that excruciating anxiety response.

Parc, please understand that I am not meaning to sound harsh or calloused toward your awful ruminations. I've had them myself and I know how greatly you are suffering. But I refuse to aid your OCD by feeding it reassuring statements. I hate what it's doing to you. You need to have your disorder treated.
I am and have been praying for you.
It was good to see you on the forum again, stay here and keep posting for as long as you need to. Everyone here will keep praying and supporting you for as long as you need it.
Just think, if a selfish human being like myself, takes the time to think of you and pray for you in your suffering, how much more do you think Christ cares for you.
Mitzi

Upvote 0

PARCmd

Nov 27, 2007
✟7,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your prayers,

but right after the verses on the unforgivable sin/unpardonable sin whatever it is, there is a verse that says something like "careless words an send someone to hell".

I'm so worried since I accidentally said it on Monday that I feel completely dreaded everytime I wake up.

If it was just a thought, I'd quickly dismiss it, but this isn't just a thought- it is something said - exactly the same thing that Christ has warned against in the Bible - that thing which is punishable by eternal hell...

And besides, mumbling/saying the obsessions aren't eve symptoms of OCD :( :( :(

Upvote 0

TheDeepblue

Feb 28, 2008
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for your prayers,

but right after the verses on the unforgivable sin/unpardonable sin whatever it is, there is a verse that says something like "careless words an send someone to hell".

I'm so worried since I accidentally said it on Monday that I feel completely dreaded everytime I wake up.

If it was just a thought, I'd quickly dismiss it, but this isn't just a thought- it is something said - exactly the same thing that Christ has warned against in the Bible - that thing which is punishable by eternal hell...

You seem like you absolutely do NOT want to committ this sin or any sin for that matter against your Heavnely Father. You know why? You are God's child. God loves you more than anyone and would not allow you to be seperated from Him, especially from something you said, thought, or thought you may have said unwillingly. You're fine.

I remember the very next day after getting saved & baptized I awoke with all sorts of bad thoughts in my head. And I had a terrible anxiety upon me as well. But we can not allow these feelings or thoughts to convince us that we don't have our salvation, or that God no longer cares. This illness can not be trusted man.

Upvote 0

marcb

May 4, 2006
California
✟8,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi
Thanks for your prayers,

Accidental words is not in the quote. I practically have it memorized because there was a time when I checked it like a door knob to make sure I was safe.

He wasn't talking to you, friend. Now go do what it takes to get well. A psychiatrist helped me tremendously. Start with your generalist.

Believe me, there is no new angle or translation on this that will set you free. It's your disorder. I have it too. I've been there, even today. I've thought, I've mumbled, I've bit down on my tongue to prevent myself from losing control and "saying" IT. Did everybody who has ever read aloud Matthew 12, Mark 3, commit this sin? NO! But they said the words.

I think they are symptoms if your obsessions take you there. Anything that involves this sin for us as disciples with OCD is a symptom of OCD. If it's not OCD, why have we spent so much time thinking about whether we did, might have, or thought about, this sin. Why is there a name for this DISORDER? Why is there a website for people preoccupied with the "unpardonable sin"?

Why am I proofreading this as I write it to make sure I didn't blaspheme or condone blasphemy in any way?

Upvote 0

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Parcmd you say mumbling and saying the obsessions are not part of OCD but youre wrong OCD manifests itself in so many ways..

"but right after the verses on the unforgivable sin/unpardonable sin whatever it is, there is a verse that says something like "careless words an send someone to hell"."

Im not sure where that part of the verse came from but im telling you this right now the context of that verse is not from God. It is from Satan. Im telling you the honest truth however we experiance these blasphemous thoughts and such because of the OCD but im telling you brother it is the devil who is trying to make you believe it, keep the faith in God and dont lose hope, He will be there for you always, as we all will be.

You must understand that blasphemy is a willful act. Youre not willing to do anything of the sorts.

This may sound harsh and im sorry but..

Do you want this to end? Do you want this to stop tormenting you? Than TRUST in God my dear brother, trust in youre heart that youre salvation is safe in Christ, its based on what He did on the cross not the things you do or dont hear in youre head because of an illness, and my brother this is youre trial. trials will end, i know this for a fact.. Ive been tormented by my trials for so long in the past that it makes me sick..So i do know, and i do know that it will end.

God says He wont put us through more than we can handle, He apparantly believes you can do this, now put some faith into yourself and resist the devil. I say resist the devil because that is who is twisting Gods Word around on you, he loves to do just that, he did it to me many many times.

And heres a secret hes bothering you because you are saved...If you do this I promise you things will get better. If i get a blasphemous thought I do get annoyed but I cant let it make me believe that im not saved, and neither can you. I really dont know what else to say.

You must trust in our Father. I will keep you in my prayers.:groupray:

Btw.. are you seeing a doctor? I get the feeling you might not be, if youre not please see help. God wants us to do everything in our power to get well.

Be blessed in Jesus name!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jc9992

Oct 2, 2006
Florida
✟7,946.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Even if I equated the HS with the enemy? :(

This is your problem PARCmd.What you are saying about you equating the HS with the enemy makes no sense whatsoever because if you had truly done that you'd be a blasphemer.Now isnt that the BIG thing youre trying to avoid?

I understand what youre going through,ive been through the torments of OCD, ive had the same exact thoughts as you,Ive thought i slipped in my compulsions, and just because ive had these intrusive thoughts and compulsions does not mean ive equated the Holy Ghost with the enemy.

So quit saying youve done that because im tired of hearing it, quit coming on here and asking if you can still be saved or if youve "irrevocably" renounced Christ or if youve "accidentally" blasphemed the Holy Ghost or sold your soul,lost your salvation, consience, whatever.

Noboby on here knows if youve done these things or not,for all we know you could be lying about all this stuff!Let me ask you something whenever you have a "new" obsession what do you do? You post a thread about it.Not only do you need to see a counselor because you have severe OCD, But you need to stop depending on this board so much and depend on God even if you think He isnt there.I know that if i never found this board i have no idea where i would be, but there comes time for all of us on here when we need to stop relying on man and OCD websites to know if we are saved.We all need to rely on God.Im urging you to do that:)

You can be healed.

Upvote 0

Robert22

Apr 12, 2008
✟7,629.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I suffer from OCD. I found out about the unpardonable sin recently and ever since than I have had obsesive uncontrolleble thoughts and panic attacks fearing that I condemed myself. I found this forum through reserching on the topic and it is conferting to here others who have suffered through the same thing.

Upvote 0

gracealone

Apr 5, 2007
Michigan
✟18,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, I suffer from OCD. I found out about the unpardonable sin recently and ever since than I have had obsesive uncontrolleble thoughts and panic attacks fearing that I condemed myself. I found this forum through reserching on the topic and it is conferting to here others who have suffered through the same thing.
Hi Robert,
Welcome to the forum. This indeed is a very encouraging place for those of us with OCD who get stuck on these sort of obsessions.
OCD as you may well know will latch itself onto what ever we hold nearest and dearest, therefore it should be no surprise to those of us who love the Lord that it should make threatening statements in that area.
Hope to hear from you again.
Praying for you,
Mitzi

Upvote 0

PARCmd

Nov 27, 2007
✟7,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, I'm not sure if I've said it or not. It's more like two sentences, which, if combined, makes it a blasphemy. I've not intended to do it and I do not know if I will be forgiven. Actually, I have accidentally said several times that I rennc God (I think).

I just don't think about it anymore and force it away from my mind, and I'm trying to convince myself that it is two sentences, and that if I had really indeed said it, it was not because I meant it.

I dunno. I just hope God will forgive me. I feel rejected.:sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟997,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi!

I was talking to myself (thinking/mumbling/saying/all combination of these three), and it was all OK, until I talked to myself in a language other than English. I ended a sentence, but then began another. My dilemma is this - since I said this not in English but in another language, the grammar states that a blasphemy was committed (its hard to explain), but basically, maybe I think it was a blasphemy... (Though it is not a blasphemy when the two sentences are literally translated into English). It was very far from my mind to commit the blasphemy (I'm even sooo scared of it).

If I considered them as two sentences, then the blasphemy has not been committed, but I am worried that if it wasn't even two sentences, but just one sentence, then that dreaded blasphemy has been committed...

:help:

Just during the entirety of February and March I always keep accidentally saying that I rennc Him, and now maybe I've blasphemed the HS???

Will God still forgive me, or am I REALLY, REALLY DAMNED?:cry:

I'm also very vigilant of what is coming out of my mouth so I will not renounce or blaspheme God or any member of the Trinity...

If you can ask this question, and be concerned about the posssibility that you commmitted this sin, then you haven't done it. There NO way anyone could accidentally or unintentionally blaspheme the H.S.

Upvote 0

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, I'm not sure if I've said it or not. It's more like two sentences, which, if combined, makes it a blasphemy. I've not intended to do it and I do not know if I will be forgiven. Actually, I have accidentally said several times that I rennc God (I think).

I just don't think about it anymore and force it away from my mind, and I'm trying to convince myself that it is two sentences, and that if I had really indeed said it, it was not because I meant it.

I dunno. I just hope God will forgive me. I feel rejected.:sigh:

You feeling rejected is satan playing with youre mind. He wants you to believe youre not saved.

ParcMD many people have spoken the truth to you, and I guarentee about 80% of us have experianced this, so we know what we are talking about. Why are you letting youre OCD cause you to believe this?

It doesnt matter if the blasphemy was one,two or even a paragraph long, you didnt do it.

Once you believe that blasphemy is a willful (youre obviously not willing meaning wanting to) and you trust God knows youre heart youll be fine. I know its hard, but you must believe. Im not sure what He would forgive you for..for youre OCD? youre incontrollable thoughts? youre sick brother thats it. When you were a child did youre mother or father ever need to forgive you because you didnt feel good? Same as with God, theres no need to forgive you, all you need to do is trust Him. thats what this is about it seems, hate to tell you.

Im praying for you:groupray:

:hug: :hug: Much love to you brother! :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

Jayangel81

Child of the Most High
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ive blasphemed the HS more times than i can count. Dont ever envy me. we are all in the same boat, just on different ends of the lake (corny i know lol)

In truth God taught me something. He knows this is an illness, He knows that I love Him. He taught me to trust in Him. That is what im trying to teach you.

If you dont than this is going to keep upsetting you, and it will bring it on more and more. this is a trial of trust.

You can do this my brother, I know you can. I never thought I could. But I took the leap of faith and put my trust in Him and alot of the blasphemy is healed.

This is a trial.(I cant stress this enough) God does not want this anymore than you do but it must be done, He obviously let this happen for a reason He KNOWS you can do this or it would never have happened. He knows what will get through to us. You must get through this.

Im wondering with all of this going on how much of His Word do you read? I know when i blasphemed i couldnt touch it hardly, I had to listen to it but even still it was hard.

You must be grounded in His Word. God taught me how important it is. So if youre not grounded in it please by all means do it.

Youre in my prayers:groupray:

Love,
Jay~

Upvote 0