What do TradCats think of the "Communion and Liberation" movement?

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟56,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've never heard of the "Communion and Liberation" movement. But that it contains the word "liberation" strikes me as being a red flag since that word is typically used in the names of communist movements. Liberation theology was invented by the Soviet Union's KGB.

"The KGB had a penchant for 'liberation' movements. The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), the National Liberation Army of Columbia (FARC), and the National Liberation Army of Bolivia were just a few of the 'liberation' movements born at the KGB." Pacepa & Rychlak, Disinformation, pp. 106-107

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟56,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Trad Cats! Brilliant! :)
I'm a Lib Cat myself.
Then there's Con Cats.
Someone else in this forum, who is traditional, used the expression, and I thought it was cute. It reminds me of the song, "Everybody wants to be a cat, because being a cat is where it's at!"

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟56,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I've never heard of the "Communion and Liberation" movement. But that it contains the word "liberation" strikes me as being a red flag since that word is typically used in the names of communist movements. Liberation theology was invented by the Soviet Union's KGB.

"The KGB had a penchant for 'liberation' movements. The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), the National Liberation Army of Columbia (FARC), and the National Liberation Army of Bolivia were just a few of the 'liberation' movements born at the KGB." Pacepa & Rychlak, Disinformation, pp. 106-107

I've looked over their website at least a once over, and although they don't really explain what they mean by liberation, they certainly don't seem to be communist AT ALL.

Isn't Crux kind of traditional? Cause Crux seems to treat them very well.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've looked over their website at least a once over, and although they don't really explain what they mean by liberation, they certainly don't seem to be communist AT ALL.

Isn't Crux kind of traditional? Cause Crux seems to treat them very well.
Crux sometimes flirts with unorthodox positions. And I read a little bit of the article (it's a long article), and it seems to promote a cult of personality of Pope Francis, which I took as another red flag.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟56,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Crux sometimes flirts with unorthodox positions. And I read a little bit of the article (it's a long article), and it seems to promote a cult of personality of Pope Francis, which I took as another red flag.
Except that CL has existed for decades before Pope Francis. So it is not a personality cult.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Except that CL has existed for decades before Pope Francis. So it is not a personality cult.
I never heard of the "Communion and Liberation movement " until yesterday.

But in the Crux article about them, they seem to promote a cult of personality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0