Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Do y'all have general education requirements at your college? Asking on account of how I was just reading some threads on here, seems like most colleges in the US do but outside of the US they don't.

We do, so everybody has got to take the core curriculum requirements. I think this is sound. In the fall I was crossing them off my list, so I had it pretty dang easy. Got a little too comfortable, lol. But I did get a lot out of those classes, I really did. Now for the spring semester that just ended, all the classes were in my major. Really, really enjoyed them but they sure did keep me on my toes.

In the fall semester I took
English Composition 1101
Spanish 1102
Music Theory II
Biology of Sex and Death (now that sounds real weird but it was a terrific class, lol)
PUBP 3000 - US Constitutional Issues

This spring semester I just finished up I took
Deformable Bodies (also sounds weird, I know, lol but it isn't as it sounds)
Aerospace Design and Systems Engineering
Intro Exper Methods AE
Intro AE Vehicle Perform
Thermodynamic and fluid properties
English Composition 1102

Have y'all finished for the year now? We wrapped up finals a week back. I'm taking a breather before starting a summer session next week. This was a real good year for me. Hope it was for y'all as well.

Reactions: Neal82

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Do y'all have general education requirements at your college? Asking on account of how I was just reading some threads on here, seems like most colleges in the US do but outside of the US they don't.

We do, so everybody has got to take the core curriculum requirements. I think this is sound. In the fall I was crossing them off my list, so I had it pretty dang easy. Got a little too comfortable, lol. But I did get a lot out of those classes, I really did. Now for the spring semester that just ended, all the classes were in my major. Really, really enjoyed them but they sure did keep me on my toes.

In the fall semester I took
English Composition 1101
Spanish 1102
Music Theory II
Biology of Sex and Death (now that sounds real weird but it was a terrific class, lol)
PUBP 3000 - US Constitutional Issues

This spring semester I just finished up I took
Deformable Bodies (also sounds weird, I know, lol but it isn't as it sounds)
Aerospace Design and Systems Engineering
Intro Exper Methods AE
Intro AE Vehicle Perform
Thermodynamic and fluid properties
English Composition 1102

Have y'all finished for the year now? We wrapped up finals a week back. I'm taking a breather before starting a summer session next week. This was a real good year for me. Hope it was for y'all as well.
POLS: Policy in the US
German Intermediate Level 2
Poultry Science
Public Speech (I am trying to forget I took that class).

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2019
Texas
✟46,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm taking all of my finals this week.

In the fall, I took...
  • American History from Pre-Columbian to 1877 (Fantastic professor for this class!)
  • American Literature from 1877 to Contemporary (Really enjoyed this class too! Made a lot of friends and the professor was kind and helpful.)
  • College Algebra (I'm not a math person at all, but the professor I took was really funny and was really helpful whenever anyone needed clarification on things.)
  • EDUC 1300 (Required course unique to my college. It was a boring class and I had a professor who was rather enigmatic.)
This spring, I took...
  • American History from 1877 to Modern Period (Took the same professor as I did for American History last semester. We did an oral history project on the Moon Landing, which was fun!)
  • World Literature from the 17th Century to Contemporary (Same professor as American Lit. I've read some great short stories, poems, and plays from all over the world. The only downside was this was an online class.)
  • Introduction to Communication (I was worried about this being a boring class, but the professor made it interesting and my classmates were all friendly people.)
  • Federal Government (This class is... okay... I'm doing pretty well, and the professor okay, but it's a late class and by the time I get to it I'm exhausted.)
I'm taking the first half of British Literature this summer. I wanted to take Mexican-American Literature next fall, since that would transfer as an American Lit credit and I know the professor, but sadly she won't be teaching that class during the fall semester.

Upvote 0

Neal82

Sep 5, 2015
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm taking all of my finals this week.

In the fall, I took...
  • College Algebra (I'm not a math person at all, but the professor I took was really funny and was really helpful whenever anyone needed clarification on things.)

The majority of "math people" have taken math classes in HS that qualify them for an exemption from the College Algebra course requirement. Most who do take it are not math people, which is why having a helpful and funny instructor makes a huge difference.

Upvote 0

God saves

Feb 11, 2019
China
✟44,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, there are GE requirements at the college I'm currently attending (if you took AP or IB HL exams, at the college I attend high school AP or IB HL exams with a certain score or above may fulfil some GE requirements).

Last semester, GE classes I took included GE English and GE Math among others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums