What are your views regarding the Revival movement ?

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
You have it all backwards, of course. Since God has asked me to warn the sheep in this way, I draw judgment if I fail to speak out and do what I am doing.

God never violates His own Word. Can I suppose you're a fan of what is represented as the Book of Enoch? This is a common behavior among those who read this "revelation".

it was more like inspired writing . . . he would sit down with a pen and just start writing, as his imagination progressed, his story unfolded. He never actually visited heaven, despite the impression he gave at first.

Of course it was inspired writing. That's called prophecy. Prophecy is more than "Thus saith the Lord" and "vision" is more than being translated in the spirit. Revelation can come like a flood. It is sometimes build precept upon precept over a course of time. Prophetic understanding and knowledge can take place over time. His occurred over time.

I never visited Heaven either, yet I've appeared before God twice in my dreams. Both times having passed through "space". Once as a teenager and the other right before I repented from my backsliding. Although I make no claims whatsoever as going to Heaven, I have absolutely no doubt that God spoke to me, and that I was in His presence, communicating His heart in prophetic knowledge and understanding to me (not words).

She's one of the chief wolves in sheep clothing.

What are the fruits? Her ministry magnifies Jesus, preaches the gospel, gets people saved and filled. The call is to repentance and faith. She edifies the Body of Christ. Even if their were some doctrine incorporated that seemed a little extreme (to borrow a term), that does not make her a wolf. Furthermore, if such a doctrine did exist that was that radical, it would be commonly known. I may not share some of the manifestations in some people's meetings, but that does not warrant a personal judgment as an enemy of Christ.

In fact, the Word specifically states that personal judgment of God's servants warrants that same judgment. The difference between Paul's judging and yours, is that Paul did it by revelation of the Holy Spirit. Your "discernment" from your last post and now here, can in no way be confused to be spiritual (of the Holy Spirit). That is the difference. People who take the mantle of judging without revelation always justify themselves in the actions of Paul, but Paul did not act independently.
You've obviously never read Paul and his challenges and rebukes to others claiming to be servants of God. It's not all happy, happy, joy, joy. Sometimes, shepherds need to protect the flock and chase off the wolves. And sometimes, like Paul confronted Peter, one shepherd needs to challenge another demanding repentance. Until they do, my position on them remains unchanged as it is a message from God, a prophetic call to repentance. I will not pull it back or repent, it is not me who is sinning here.

Furthermore, she is not approaching "your flock". If you disagreed with her doctrine and she was preaching in your church, that might be different. Peter was fellowshipping among the flock Paul was watching over. It was his hypocrisy at that moment that he was rebuked for. He was NOT called a wolf either. It was a specific behavior that was challenged. Furthermore, the rebuke of elders is done with a (local) witness, and is not a public matter.

Why do believers feel they can break scripture about judgment using Paul as an excuse? When challenged to repent, they stand self-assured. You even believe God sends a message to violate His own Word. Who is amiss? You've made a number of serious accusations against some very anointed servants of God (wno are not perfect), and your stance is not to repent.

Go out of the box for a minute. Consider "if" you were wrong about receiving your judgment from the Holy Spirit:
Think about it. One day you'll appear before God to answer for that judgment you have taken upon yourself. The result of that judgment at minimum is that you would be found a wolf among the flock. Are you going to stand behind your claim of hearing this from God? I strongly urge you to reconsider because you will reap what you sow.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I state that even the elders in the NAR that she (King) voluntarily submits to rebuked her and warned everyone away from, and that means nothing to you.
The thing is, you are pointing to what are possibly mistakes. You don't have any of the background for the "rebuke". Even whatever "source" you might choose only has one side of the conflict. Mistakes do not make someone a "wolf". We must go by what is preached. That is what we're supposed to be judging, not the individual.

..Oh well, you get what you deserve.

Yeah I do. When the Holy Spirit gives her (King) a visitation for a period and out of that comes a strong teaching for the body, I can receive that (judging it as I hear it). I don't discount the ministry entirely.
I know some who have made mistakes in my life, and they have had wonderful ministries. If I discounted them because of their mistakes, and even occasional bad doctrine, I would miss out on the anointing (gift) they offer the body.

When ministries are public and accessible on tv, online and through various media circulating, they impact all Christians and shepherds have the obligation to judge and either validate or warn their flock. Since they are in the public arena spreading their message, so must the rebukes.

That is why we only judge the message. You weren't doing that at all. As suspected, what we "learned" from the "so called revival movement" in your eyes, is that it was never of God (a complete lie) and that the people in it, based on the enemy's success with basically one individual, that all those "so called" prophets and apostles are not real.
That is completely ridiculous because if you judge their messages, you'll find that they are valuable contributors to edifying the body. They're getting us ready for the work of ministry.
deleting original post . . . time to stop casting pearls and let those who sow in ignorance, reap in deception.
3 cheers. Your judgment by the flesh is that the message you proclaim to be sent from God because it violates His Word. I'm sorry to have to say this, but it's necessary that people know that they should not do this. It draws judgment on yourself and I want to enjoy Heaven with you, loving you the way people in Heaven do, then we must get the sin out of our lives. I don't mind drawing persecution if it will stop someone from judging themselves as a sinner.

We must stop circulating the report of the enemy and we're surely NOT going to be educated by the devil about the revivalist movement.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
"Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet"

. . . in other words, the Lord told me you've hardened your heart to the truth, there's no sense in wasting efforts.

You are listening to the wrong spirit. It is no doubt the same spirit that makes you believe you should go pronounce "judgment" against ministers of God. Of course God would never do this.

Let's review and examine this again for all so we do not call good evil and evil good. There is a curse in that, and you do not want to partake of it. This is your freewill choice though. You are starting the year off in a bad way. Repentance is very easy and a change of heart of great beauty as we all have to repent all of the time.

You spoke against the 'Revivalist movement" and gave a bottom line judgment against it that we would all learn from what happened.

You brought disrepute among prominent leaders within the body of Christ. Some being called "wolves".

You based your judgment on the revival on what the enemy did, not what God did.
In fact, it is not evident you saw God move at all in that revival. Consequently, you are publishing the report of the enemy.

We are only to judge the "revelations" not the ministers of God. It is obvious that you do not understand the stewardship of personal prophecy. It is completely dependent on obedience (as God's blessings always are). I don't condemn you for this, but you must consider this and not use the enemy's success to stamp that revival as not being of God (and its ministers also deceived).

You cite Paul as your excuse, but Paul was led by the Holy Spirit to say what He said. Your judgments are carnal and condemning. They are spoken as a "brute". Warnings are given in Jude about people who speak evil of leaders in such a way.

Regardless of whether or not sin was involved, or whether certain prophetic words were given, some of which did not come to pass, it does not invalidate the revival (or the "movement". All personal prophecy is a declaration of the intended will of God. If the enemy enters in and is not ejected, even the plan of God can be withheld.

When corrected (for your own preservation's sake and for the sake of others who observe your words), you held your ground, unrepentantly. You claim God Himself told you to violate His Word about judging the servants of God. The only justification you would have is if God indeed told you this. It is glaringly obvious that He did not.

You have been warned that you'll stand before God to answer for what you've said and you removed your post. In your heart though you have not repented, and now bring disrepute on me, for warning you not to bring judgment upon yourself.

This is nothing new as I warn a number of people about this very thing and persecution is a common thing when you stand for righteousness. I suppose God rewards it, but I'd rather fellowship with you in Heaven as my brother, than have you an enemy of God, who still professes God, yet awaits the judgment of God if you don't repent. I pray for you that you will change your heart on the matter, because God will not violate His Word for anyone.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
As seer prophet Kat Kerr states, when we go to places we shouldn't go into as believers...

When you go, there are demonic beings that sit over the top of these places, and every time you go in you get vomited on by the enemy. I’m going to give you revelation on how a Christian can go from being a strong Christian, to being in the pits of Hell with Satan. They’ll take a step and go do something they know is wrong, when they do that, this scum is put down over their spirit. You keep doing that, it builds and builds till you cannot hear Him anymore. You cannot even have your conscience warn you that this is wrong. You are willingly doing this. What you do will matter.”

She also says that when we gossip or tear one another down, the same thing happens. It's serious because we can look God's Word directly and do contrary and not be convicted anymore.

When I was backslidden it was the same way. I started watching the Sopranos. I felt like crap the first time I watched it. I knew it had a special darkness assigned to it. I used to bad mouth the show and it was in the last season before I started getting into it. It became my favorite show!

I got puked on the first time. After that it was just more of the same, I was sensitive to it at first. After that, it just accumulated and I was seared and unable to have a conscience about it.

It was the same way when I started collecting "bootlegs". I was a music fanatic. I had that same pukey feeling of defilement.

That's why I asked about the alleged "Book of Enoch" thing. Some of the websites I have seen promoting that gave me the same defiled sense I got from the Sopranos or with the bootleg thing. It has a demonic assignment attached to it and anyone might get caught up in these things out of intellectual curiosity. I should state that it is because - Many people who promote this "revelation" feel free to judge the servants of God that they don't approve of openly, and draw a curse on their lives.

I don't want to give the appearance of some kind of self righteous finger pointing.
Anyone can venture into things of the enemy and then not become sensitive to the Spirit of God. I have certainly done that in many areas, and have seen a movie with the wife I should have NEVER seen. Same result. It is important though to see the error and repent, so the good fruit can come back again, and we cam be free of the need to be critical of others. We can always look at what is being said (in a search for truth). This will manifest light and not darkness.

Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What are your views on the revival movement ,

On you tube you can see Todd Bentley saying he kicked an old women who was worshiping the Lord in the face , in the nose, as instructed by God, with his motor bike boot, then he claims the holy spirit fell. ?

and how he punched a man, knocking his tooth out,

is this really from God, is this the holy spirit you know , or a another spirit.

like wise Kennith Copeland Benni hinn and their multi million dollar business empires, private jets,

again is it the holy spirit behind this movement or another spirit,

like wise the Toronto blessing , this said to be Holy laughter, people rolling and writhing around .

I have huge contempt for Todd Bentley as He divorced at some point after the Lakeland Fla movement started. I saw on a video of TB preaching in a good sized auditorium where several groups interrupted his sermon to call him out publicly on charges of false doctrine. There is no way that the big names you mentioned are other that ravening wolves. What is easily forgotten is that the gifts and the calling of God are without repentance so if they are are still healing, the miracles testify for them. See Mt. 7:22-24

Upvote 0

GreatistheLord

I can do ALL things through Christ
Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
this is not the way to discern, by looking at the outward. It is by God's grace that miracles and revival occurs, not by anyone's behaviour. If you are waiting for a preacher to be "good enough", it will *never* happen. God has always used flawed people, with flawed theology, and the devil has always tried to attack by means of orthodoxy and religious appearance, and outright deception - the so called kundalini spirit. Deception is all around in the church, but it is cloaked in respectability and tradition, not to let charismatics off the hook either with seeking gifts and signs rather than the giver, but this is imbalance, and God can deal with it.

God brings revival in ways that divide the seekers and the the religious, it seems to be His trademark throughout history. Read about past revivals and judge for yourself, because the tragedy is when God is present, and you have missed it.

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
God brings revival in ways that divide the seekers and the the religious, it seems to be His trademark throughout history. Read about past revivals and judge for yourself, because the tragedy is when God is present, and you have missed it.

So true! :thumbsup:

This same pattern goes all the way back to the ministry of Jesus, who taught outrageous things and was branded a heretic by the religious authorities. The disciples simply knew in their hearts He was Lord; even while they wrestled with the doctrines in their heads.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Juelrei

May 13, 2015
✟15,557.00
What are your views on the revival movement ,

On you tube you can see Todd Bentley saying he kicked an old women who was worshiping the Lord in the face , in the nose, as instructed by God, with his motor bike boot, then he claims the holy spirit fell. ?

and how he punched a man, knocking his tooth out,

is this really from God, is this the holy spirit you know , or a another spirit.

like wise Kennith Copeland Benni hinn and their multi million dollar business empires, private jets,

again is it the holy spirit behind this movement or another spirit,

like wise the Toronto blessing , this said to be Holy laughter, people rolling and writhing around .
At the beginning of Tod Bentley's revival I think it was going within the standard previous revivals. But it went sour when he continued to minister without any brakes to rest his body and mind, pray and study God's word.
From that time on I had to take the position that it was wrong.

Benny Hinn I don't ascribe to. But I'll not take your opinions of his ministry as correct.

As for Kenneth Copeland. Such attitudes that you post concerning him is typical, but in no way accurate.

Let me ask you this, do you have your own car, or do you ride a bus everywhere? And if you ride a car, what do you suppose is the attitude toward you of those who can only afford to ride the bus?
Likewise if you live in a house, compared to those who can only afford to rent an efficiency apartment that has hot and cold running cockroaches and mice for co-residents? What do you suppose is their attitude toward you?

What about those people who can't afford to buy computers and be on the internet. Those who can't afford mobile phones. Those who only have enough money to eat lunch from a vending machine. What do they think of you who has the luxury of owning those things, and enjoys a nourishing meal at lunchtime everyday? And don't get me started concerning buying presents on Christmas.

Let's say too that they really want to be able to preach the gospel to the world. I think that they'd take your attitude toward those ministries who are achieving what they want to be doing.

Upvote 0