United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol yeah.. it'd be torture now.

Lost was the first show I ever binge watched back in 2008. The concept of being able to stream through a series on the internet was mind blowing.
I never got interested in Lost from everything I read and heard of it, it was an exercise in futility.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,178,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I never got interested in Lost from everything I read and heard of it, it was an exercise in futility.

I loved the show back then.. but looking back.. it was kind of dumb.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟312,722.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I loved the show back then.. but looking back.. it was kind of dumb.
Most things in life are dumb when we look back.. if we are honest. Yet life itself was more real back then. True freedom is so easily forgotten.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟664,962.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
If I watch anything it is real life,

documentries, private footage, testomonies of people who were there.

Not one sided, different accounts, from different nations, mostly having to do with WW2,

But even disasters, peacetime.

And accounts of peoples experiences.
And song and music vids.

you tube.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,178,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Sopranos.

Almost finished the Pacific.. but seems like the last episode is a non-war related wrap up story.. don't really care for that right now.. so I'll finish this series whenever. As far as how good it was.. it was alright.. nothing groundbreaking.. probably currently too low on empathy to properly appreciate it.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,178,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Malcom in the Middle. It makes me laugh. I love Dewey; that character is amazing. I just love how simple they are but how the parents teach lots of values even if they are not Christians. They try their best to instill good in their kids. I love one specific episode where the mom tells a teacher that she is willing to sacrifice the smart child for the dumb one. The teacher didn't believe her and suddenly the oldest child comes knocking on the window in the pouring rain begging to be left back in the house after he was kicked out for not complying with his duties. Thats just hilarious!

I am not finding any good tv shows lately, theres a lot of left side liberal agenda going in. If people are not smart they get brain washed into believing that is good.The reboot of Roswell was the most disgusting tv show ive ever seen. I fast forwarded almost all of the episodes and didn't even care to finish fast forwarding them all. I am into alter universes kind of shows. I am thinking on watching Fringe and Arrow again. Those are my to go to shows when theres nothing interesting. I love Walter =)

Loved this show as a child/teen. Certainly deserves a re-watch for my adult self.

• Agree
Reactions: Job3315
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Sopranos.

Almost finished the Pacific.. but seems like the last episode is a non-war related wrap up story.. don't really care for that right now.. so I'll finish this series whenever. As far as how good it was.. it was alright.. nothing groundbreaking.. probably currently too low on empathy to properly appreciate it.

I recently watched "Pacific", I had watched "Band of Brothers" several times. Perhaps I was too overwhelmed with the depiction of the horror of war to give thought to the overall "cinematic" merits... though would probably need to give more consideration beyond my initial gut reaction. As for the last episode being a "wrap up" I enjoyed that part of it, as I did with BoB. As you suggest certain films and such require a particular mental state for proper watching ...

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,178,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I recently watched "Pacific", I had watched "Band of Brothers" several times. Perhaps I was too overwhelmed with the depiction of the horror of war to give thought to the overall "cinematic" merits... though would probably need to give more consideration beyond my initial gut reaction. As for the last episode being a "wrap up" I enjoyed that part of it, as I did with BoB. As you suggest certain films and such require a particular mental state for proper watching ...

I haven't seen Band Of Brothers yet. My parents bought the DVD series when I was a kid and we began to watch it but then a graphic sex scene started and they turned it off and that was that.. lol.

I do think one minor problem is comparing these two series to Saving Private Ryan. As you already probably know Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks are involved in both of them. Difficult for a ten hour series to compete with a tightly edited two hour film.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟875,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The most recent thing I've watched was a couple episodes of the Netflix series on Nurse Ratched. My sister insisted. I've always like One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, so I gave in. It's pretty interesting if you like the diabolical, lol. I don't know. I bore easily, I guess, but it was okay. I'm not going out of my way to watch the rest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,178,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The most recent thing I've watched was a couple episodes of the Netflix series on Nurse Rached. My sister insisted. I've always like One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, so I gave in. It's pretty interesting if you like the diabolical, lol. I don't know. I bore easily, I guess, but it was okay. I'm not going out of my way to watch the rest.

Am I weird and kind of messed up that I never knew Nurse Ratched was supposed to be the villain in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest? Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,783,896.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Am I weird and kind of messed up that I never knew Nurse Ratched was supposed to be the villain in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest? Lol.
Weird. ;)

Watching the local news right now.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟875,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

That's not weird. I didn't catch anything in what I watched to make the connection, unless you already knew. But I miss a lot of things, like how to spell "Ratched," lol.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,178,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's not weird. I didn't catch anything in what I watched to make the connection, unless you already knew. But I miss a lot of things, like how to spell "Ratched," lol.

I watched the movie recently with the idea that supposedly she is supposed to be the villain in mind.. but I still didn't see it. She wasn't cold hearted, and she did show some empathy in some scenes. I viewed her more as a victim of the system.. and just a realistic portrayal of a mental health care worker.

I think the movie is a little above the "villain" category.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0