Starting crying to the Moody Blues - what's the matter with me these days?

hopeforhappiness

Jan 24, 2016
united kingdom
✟22,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the car this morning, contemplating how wonderful it is to get my vision corrected after a cataract operation and thinking about our wonderful new bodies when Watching and Waiting came on my CD player as the next track in the mix. I starting weeping ...

"Soon you will see me, 'cause I'll be all around you
But where I come from I can't tell
But don't be alarmed by my fields and my forests
They're here for only you to share
'Cause here there's lots of room for doing
The things you've always been denied
So look and gather all you want to
There's no one here to stop you trying
Watching and waiting for someone to understand me
I hope it won't be very long"

don't even know if Justin Hayward is a Christian. But it seems in Christ we have even more than this held for us.
In the meantime, do good, share Christ, watch and wait

• Winner
Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the car this morning, contemplating how wonderful it is to get my vision corrected after a cataract operation and thinking about our wonderful new bodies when Watching and Waiting came on my CD player as the next track in the mix. I starting weeping ...

"Soon you will see me, 'cause I'll be all around you
But where I come from I can't tell
But don't be alarmed by my fields and my forests
They're here for only you to share
'Cause here there's lots of room for doing
The things you've always been denied
So look and gather all you want to
There's no one here to stop you trying
Watching and waiting for someone to understand me
I hope it won't be very long"

don't even know if Justin Hayward is a Christian. But it seems in Christ we have even more than this held for us.
In the meantime, do good, share Christ, watch and wait
I am not a Wesley Parishiner, but this is what I have to say.

Hey, we all get emotional sometimes bro/sis. :) I cry also to music or movies with a sad tone, or deep meaning. John Lodge (Justin Hayward's band mate) is a Christian though: John Lodge (musician) - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

hopeforhappiness

Jan 24, 2016
united kingdom
✟22,713.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am not a Wesley Parishiner, but this is what I have to say.

Hey, we all get emotional sometimes bro/sis. :) I cry also to music or movies with a sad tone, or deep meaning. John Lodge (Justin Hayward's band mate) is a Christian though: John Lodge (musician) - Wikipedia
Yes, I have read about John Lodge. Lots of respect to him. Also Justin Hayward, married to one woman for many years.
But since retiring, and looking at the middle east news, I am more and more contemplating the return of Christ or my own demise, whichever is sooner. A heavy, deep, joyful and fearful prospect.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I have read about John Lodge. Lots of respect to him. Also Justin Hayward, married to one woman for many years.
But since retiring, and looking at the middle east news, I am more and more contemplating the return of Christ or my own demise, whichever is sooner. A heavy, deep, joyful and fearful prospect.
I do not know much about the Moody Blues band, but enjoy classic rock, so I had to do research on Moody Blues to figure out if any member was Christian. But remember, let us not hasten our lives either, to get to heaven earlier, as 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 points out, as our bodies are the temple for the Holy Spirit. :) And another thing, fear not, as Isaiah 41:10 says. I have a study on that: Three passages on anxiety: Matthew 6:25-34, Isaiah 41:10 and Psalm 46:1-2

DateApril 24, 2024
Verse1 Corinthians 6:19-20: "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."
Explanation1 Corinthians 6:19-20 is a passage from the New Testament in the Bible that emphasizes the importance of taking care of our bodies as temples of the Holy Spirit. Here's a breakdown of what the passage says:

The passage begins by reminding us that our bodies are not just physical vessels, but temples of the Holy Spirit. As such, they belong to God and should be treated with respect and care. The second part of the verse emphasizes that we are not our own, but have been bought with a price – that is, through Jesus Christ's sacrifice.

According to Christian belief, if a person has accepted Jesus as their savior and believed in Him for salvation before their death, they will still go to heaven even if they die from a reckless accident. The Bible teaches that salvation is a free gift from God through faith in Jesus (Ephesians 2:8-9), and that nothing, not even our own actions or mistakes, can ultimately separate us from God's love (Romans 8:38-39). However, the passage in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 emphasizes that as believers, we have a responsibility to honor God with our bodies and live in a way that reflects His love and compassion for us and others. While the consequences of our actions may impact our lives on earth, they do not ultimately determine our eternal destination in heaven.

In summary, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 emphasizes the importance of treating our bodies as temples of the Holy Spirit and living in a way that honors God. This includes making choices that promote good health, hygiene, and avoiding risky behaviors that could harm ourselves or others. Ultimately, the passage calls us to live holy lives that reflect God's love and compassion in all areas of our lives.

Upvote 0