Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's all well and good, guys, but you're not having to deal with it from my perspective. I can be as nice as I want and still be accused of being a godless rebel who wants to twist scripture in order to lead people astray. You go through enough of these conversations in enough threads and you realize that it just isn't worth it. My idea of a fun hobby is not to sit online for hours everyday justifying myself to condescending strangers. Most of you have been great, but hopefully you can understand that for someone in my position, that minority makes this too draining.

I'm out.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's all well and good, guys, but you're not having to deal with it from my perspective. I can be as nice as I want and still be accused of being a godless rebel who wants to twist scripture in order to lead people astray. You go through enough of these conversations in enough threads and you realize that it just isn't worth it. My idea of a fun hobby is not to sit online for hours everyday justifying myself to condescending strangers. Most of you have been great, but hopefully you can understand that for someone in my position, that minority makes this too draining.

I'm out.

Well, I wish you wouldn't. I really, really wish you would stay. Please?

Lisa

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I completely agree! Humility and Love are the key. We should be able to talk about ANYTHING, but every conversation needs to be as if we were talking with Jesus.

Lisa
I agree with Lisa and Simon and we remove all the discussion and debate all we are left with is little bit of fluff discussion about people's hobby frankly I would hate to see this board become like that. While I agree we need to be respectful of each others opinion and we also need to remember conservative can include a varity of areas such views on politics or religion.

EVERYONE SHOULD CALM DOWN AND ALWAYS KEEP THIS IN MIND JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS GENERALY CONSERVATIVE THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE CONSERVATIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING.

Now if we have someone who is constantly being a liberal troll that is something that will need to be addressed eventualy but right it's nothing more than jumping to conclusions based off of only single or acouple of there views.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I agree with Lisa and Simon and we remove all the discussion and debate all we are left with is little bit of fluff discussion about people's hobby frankly I would hate to see this board become like that. While I agree we need to be respectful of each others opinion and we also need to remember conservative can include a varity of areas such views on politics or religion.

EVERYONE SHOULD CALM DOWN AND ALWAYS KEEP THIS IN MIND JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS GENERALY CONSERVATIVE THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE CONSERVATIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING.

Now if we have someone who is constantly being a liberal troll that is something that will need to be addressed eventualy but right it's nothing more than jumping to conclusions based off of only single or acouple of there views.

Well, you missed the point completely.

It is not that someone "is" a Liberal. That's a misreresentation I'm sorry to see repeated.

It's that VIEWS may be Liberal.

...even from an otherwise, and generally conservative person. I said that myself dozens of posts ago.

The personalizing of this point has been entirely off the subject from the start.

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thing is, while discussion is good, I don't think there's too much wrong with having a place where you can just go to be with people who feel the way you do.

Debate and discussion is going on all over the site. What there's a lack of is kindness, and support and understanding.

I had no idea women as pastors was such a contentious topic, so maybe it was a one off, but if that's what the conservative forum will be about, I don't really want to be a part of it, either.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The thing is, while discussion is good, I don't think there's too much wrong with having a place where you can just go to be with people who feel the way you do.

Debate and discussion is going on all over the site. What there's a lack of is kindness, and support and understanding.

I had no idea women as pastors was such a contentious topic, so maybe it was a one off, but if that's what the conservative forum will be about, I don't really want to be a part of it, either.

Hold on your horsies young lady! :hug: We are just getting started. This shows a real need to have two forums. One for fellowship and one for debate. Then, people can choose which one to take part in. Erwin said we could do that, so that is what we need to do!

Lisa

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hold on your horsies young lady! :hug: We are just getting started. This shows a real need to have two forums. One for fellowship and one for debate. Then, people can choose which one to take part in. Erwin said we could do that, so that is what we need to do!

Lisa
Like having a subforum for debate?

It's just, the wiki for the forum categorically states this is not the fundamentalist forum, but it's such a fluid title maybe there isn't a way around it.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Like having a subforum for debate?

It's just, the wiki for the forum categorically states this is not the fundamentalist forum, but it's such a fluid title maybe there isn't a way around it.

Yes, I think that is the problem. I love that word used as an adverb, "fluid". It brings such a great word picture to mind, doesn't it.

Lisa

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think one thing people need to remember is it's a message board if it's a topic that you don't want to talk about don't or if the thread starts spiraling out of control just leave and don't comeback.

Although if all you guys want to do is have light fluff talk while ignoring any sort issue of substance I won't argue that point either afterall there are plenty of forums on this board where conservatives can go to argue.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think one thing people need to remember is it's a message board if it's a topic that you don't want to talk about don't or if the thread starts spiraling out of control just leave and don't comeback.

Although if all you guys want to do is have light fluff talk while ignoring any sort issue of substance I won't argue that point either afterall there are plenty of forums on this board where conservatives can go to argue.

You have to understand that there are different needs and different people. I am Type A so I can handle a good debate. There are others though who cannot even stand to see it much less participate in it. They are here for fellowship and it is very, very hurtful to them to see a heated debate. That is why I am recommending two sub forums. One for debate. One for fellowship.

I personally have need for both, not one or the other.

Lisa

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lisa I need both the fellowship and the debate too my thinking simply it's a big message board if it's that upsetting to members of this section I would go to another wasn't bothering people to slug it out.

Well, I just think that if clear lines are drawn between the two, we will have less upset people. Many times "fellowship" threads can turn hot. If we were allowed to say, "This is fellowship. I will meet you over in Discussion." That may keep the gentler members "safe". I have just heard the word "safe" in this forum so often, that I really, really think it is important that we try to insure that.

Lisa

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lisa I need both the fellowship and the debate too my thinking simply it's a big message board if it's that upsetting to members of this section I would go to another wasn't bothering people to slug it out.
I get what you're saying, but that's not what this forum was created for, and being chased out by people isn't ok. There are other forums where that's prevalent. This forum isn't for that purpose.

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I get what you're saying, but that's not what this forum was created for, and being chased out by people isn't ok. There are other forums where that's prevalent. This forum isn't for that purpose.

I thought that you didn't want people arguing things out here which is fine if it's what's decided I will due it else where. The important thing right now is that find out if we have the option of creating a subforum for debating and then decided what we want to do as group in a calm, loving manner.

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought that you didn't want people arguing things out here which is fine if it's what's decided I will due it else where. The important thing right now is that find out if we have the option of creating a subforum for debating and then decided what we want to do as group in a calm, loving manner.
Hiya :) I guess, also, there's a difference between debating and flat-out fighting. Not everyone has the constitution for the former, let alone the latter. If we were all able to debate without resorting to meanness, I don't suppose a sub-forum would be necessary. A forum full of "I completely agree!" wouldn't represent all facets of Christianity - conservative or otherwise - but when people are being left in tears after a "debate" and others still feel it's not somewhere they can even begin to spend time in, it's swung too far in the other direction, and something went wrong somewhere. Ya know? :(

Being able to have both would be the best of both. Like having two swimming pools - one with warm water, and one with cool, and then people have the choice of going into both, either or staying away completely. But at least that way, people who can't handle the atmosphere in the rest of CF can still feel safe in here.

Upvote 0

beverhome

Jul 11, 2007
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟15,488.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I truly just wish to stay out of strife and debating because of the scriptures.

2 Corinthians 12:20:

20For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

2 Timothy 2:23:

23But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes

Philippians 2:3:

3Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves

James 3:16:

16For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work

Not because I am weak but because I strive to remain strong.

April

Upvote 0