• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Well shoot.... I have TMJ... :-(

GuitarMia05

Your Friendly Tattooed Pastor/Worship Leader
Apr 17, 2004
Missouri
✟17,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So after 3 years of unexplainable ear pain in one ear, and just recently, a solid month of unbearable pain in the other, I was finally diagnosed today with TMJ. I'm glad they know why now but sad because it's not an "easy fix" and that I will have to do quite a few things to being the inflammation down....:doh:

I just want a break and feel well. It's tough enough having a husband that is 7000 away for another 2 months and having 2 small kids that are full of life and energy.

christopher morgan

May 9, 2015
melbourne
✟15,236.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am glad to hear you have some idea of what you are up against. That at least is a starting point. You seem to have your hands full so as I know little about TMJ I can only send a prayer up for you to Our lord that his grace comes into your life and that the Holy Spirit Guides you to find appropriate treatment. Hope your strength stays up and all the best for a good outcome soon, christopher Australia :wave:

Upvote 0

OldFashionGal

May 17, 2015
✟9,197.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
So after 3 years of unexplainable ear pain in one ear, and just recently, a solid month of unbearable pain in the other, I was finally diagnosed today with TMJ. I'm glad they know why now but sad because it's not an "easy fix" and that I will have to do quite a few things to being the inflammation down....:doh:

I just want a break and feel well. It's tough enough having a husband that is 7000 away for another 2 months and having 2 small kids that are full of life and energy.

So sorry to read about your TMJ issues. I have a lot of physical problems so I can relate but I'm not taking care of two little ones. With your husband away I hope you have other family and friends that can help out :)

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have TMJ and others on here do too be encouraged youre not the only one. you may get migraines too after about 3years of my jaw dislocating ocassionally I realised I was having migraines . Ive got migraines I call them mini migraines this week theyre minor but it just the tiredness that comes with them only when im real stressed do i get nausea and dizzyness more so with tmj related migraines. But dont despair! God can help you cope plus friends and family as someone mentioned.

Handy helpful hint: tmj can be stress related symptoms and pain play up when your stressed so if the TMJ is playing up its a sign 'ok i need to de stress' and make it not as bad as it could be - for a sensitive introvert who gets stressed easily and I know God is telling me to keep calm more um thats not easy.

Upvote 0