Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
engineers are prone to the so called Salem Hypothesis :))) where Missler gets an honorable mention.
Engineers, myself included, find it difficult to conceive of a complex interlocking functional system any kind "just happening". Everything in our experience militates against it. This leads us to be more open likely to favor the idea of intelligent design of the universe, especially when we believe in a divine Creator as basic tenet of our religious faith.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟291,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ok so they don't change their behavior, but can any of them perceive your observation internally? Or all of them?

Probably; and casually observing a group of women might actually change their behavior somewhat; the more aggressive the observation the more the change. Most of us straighten up a bit and behave ourselves more when we know we are being watched. The fact that electrons seem to do so too is the really weird part. "Oh - you mean I have to give an account of my whereabouts? Ok then, I was definitely HERE. And if you look, you'll see only 1 set of footprints ...But as soon as you can't prove to me you know which place I was at I'll be both HERE and THERE and you'll see my footprints at both places"

But - watching isn't the same thing as measuring. Measuring does tend to "interrupt" whatever something is doing at the time. So you are likely really measuring the interrupted thing and not the un-interrupted thing at that point which might be different depending on what you were measuring and how you are measuring it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably; and casually observing a group of women might actually change their behavior somewhat; the more aggressive the observation the more the change. Most of us straighten up a bit and behave ourselves more when we know we are being watched. The fact that electrons seem to do so too is the really weird part. "Oh - you mean I have to give an account of my whereabouts? Ok then, I was definitely HERE. And if you look, you'll see only 1 set of footprints ...But as soon as you can't prove to me you know which place I was at I'll be both HERE and THERE and you'll see my footprints at both places"

That's how it seems to work.

But - watching isn't the same thing as measuring. Measuring does tend to "interrupt" whatever something is doing at the time. So you are likely really measuring the interrupted thing and not the un-interrupted thing at that point which might be different depending on what you were measuring and how you are measuring it.

I'll need to chew on this one for a bit. I dunno, that's how measuring bullet velocity works but I dont know if it holds true for other similar incidents of measuring. Was it really interupted or did it just seem so? Hmmm, need more chewing.

Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟280,059.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Engineers, myself included, find it difficult to conceive of a complex interlocking functional system any kind "just happening". Everything in our experience militates against it. This leads us to be more open likely to favor the idea of intelligent design of the universe, especially when we believe in a divine Creator as basic tenet of our religious faith.
When it comes to science the existence or nonexistence of a Creator is unfalsifiable and a mistake made by many Christians and atheists alike is using science to justify their belief or the lack of one respectively.
It simply doesn’t work including Chuck Missler’s attempts of conflating his religious beliefs with the idiotic electric universe “theory”.

I worked once in an automotive engineering design organization as a scientist whose main function was to investigate failure modes ranging from component failures to catastrophic failure resulting in the loss of life using science and detective work as well as developing countermeasures.
The scientific investigations didn’t involve any divine intervention, if I suggested this was the case in my reports I probably would have been fired on the spot.

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont know what the fish is about lol, but this guys video came up on my feed and he talks about all of this. Even what quantum mechanics has to do with the simulation.
"The simulation".
Right.

Reactions: joillian
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟197,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's already been proven now that we live in an electrial smulatton.

I once heard “the educational system is failing people,” but I see stuff like this and think really it’s people who fail the education system. We have access to more knowledge than we ever have thanks to the internet, and yet people will still believe stuff like this.

Upvote 0

joillian

Dec 4, 2023
So Cal
✟7,913.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
"The simulation".
Right.
I am still trying to focus on Multi Worlds Theory or just buying a few books on probability. My guess is probability is most important. Just see how the universe would be wrecked if infinite probabilities were limited to 3.14!! Every topic that has ever been made has been diverged from Truth, since our language can't get past 3.141 or is it really 3.142? Or is it just 3 . Its like each word 'should' be connected to an infinite table of probabilities. Each word connects to other words and then of course there would be an infinite tables of probabilities. This I think is the same thing with AI but there is an algorithm that nicely fixed that combinatory explosion problem - just for AI currently.

Multi Worlds theory trumps simulations since physics allows (requires) simulations small to very large. God of course trumps multi worlds since multi worlds would be (must be) 'just' a special case. That would be multi/multi/multi worlds.... Our best Physics scientists are 'almost' clueless including David Deutsch. BTW, last time I checked 10 years ago, 30% physics scientists believed/supported MultiWorlds theory. Crackpots or geniuses/genii?

This is why AI types like ChatGPT are just prediction/probability engines pared down to the very basics compared to our minds. But when probabilities like AI nuts run amok we should be concerned. The best thing for us is to add a bit of language that has an interesting grammar case or 3 and another 4 vowels and 5 consonants. Its time to Debabelize us perhaps with some help with AI. Maybe Musk is working on that.

Evolution in our world is also a very special (trifling) case compared to MultiWorlds. So its not ALL a simulation. It can't be if MultiWorlds is correct.
Multi-Worlds is a special case compared to God.

Upvote 0

Jimmy It

Dec 4, 2023
Southwest
✟112,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know nothing about the theory put forth in the video. I did however, come across an article in sciam a couple decades or so ago on the subject of "A holographic universe." This does not appear to be the same article, but is an interesting read.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I once heard “the educational system is failing people,” but I see stuff like this and think really it’s people who fail the education system. We have access to more knowledge than we ever have thanks to the internet, and yet people will still believe stuff like this.

When I started reading the Bible and paying attention to what my eyes can see and not listening to scientists of the world, the world took on a different shape for me. It's plausible all right..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟197,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I started reading the Bible and paying attention to what my eyes can see and not listening to scientists of the world, the world took on a different shape for me. It's plausible all right..
Pretty sure the Bible did not say or imply we live in an electrical simulation.

Listen, I liked “The Matrix” too. But the Wachowski sisters were not making a documentary.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I am still trying to focus on Multi Worlds Theory or just buying a few books on probability. My guess is probability is most important. Just see how the universe would be wrecked if infinite probabilities were limited to 3.14!! Every topic that has ever been made has been diverged from Truth, since our language can't get past 3.141 or is it really 3.142? Or is it just 3 . Its like each word 'should' be connected to an infinite table of probabilities. Each word connects to other words and then of course there would be an infinite tables of probabilities. This I think is the same thing with AI but there is an algorithm that nicely fixed that combinatory explosion problem - just for AI currently.

Multi Worlds theory trumps simulations since physics allows (requires) simulations small to very large. God of course trumps multi worlds since multi worlds would be (must be) 'just' a special case. That would be multi/multi/multi worlds.... Our best Physics scientists are 'almost' clueless including David Deutsch. BTW, last time I checked 10 years ago, 30% physics scientists believed/supported MultiWorlds theory. Crackpots or geniuses/genii?

This is why AI types like ChatGPT are just prediction/probability engines pared down to the very basics compared to our minds. But when probabilities like AI nuts run amok we should be concerned. The best thing for us is to add a bit of language that has an interesting grammar case or 3 and another 4 vowels and 5 consonants. Its time to Debabelize us perhaps with some help with AI. Maybe Musk is working on that.

Evolution in our world is also a very special (trifling) case compared to MultiWorlds. So its not ALL a simulation. It can't be if MultiWorlds is correct.
Multi-Worlds is a special case compared to God.

Is this supposed to make sense, or not?

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pretty sure the Bible did not say or imply we live in an electrical simulation.

Listen, I liked “The Matrix” too. But the Wachowski sisters were not making a documentary.

Lol. Yeah.
The Bible says even now we are seated with Christ in heavenly places...right? So in a way, it could be true. If I am really relaxing with Jesus in heaven but all of my senses tell me that I am in a material world, then I could be doing an Avatar type thing and not even be able to tell it.

How would you know? You can't prove that the simulation is not real.
I can't prove that it is, lol. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe Chuck is wrong? I guess we'll find out for sure when we get to go to heaven.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible says even now we are seated with Christ in heavenly places
This reminds me of meditation titles on YouTube. I started meditation for stress and some of the titles say "connecting with your higher self.". But like you said who knows? Maybe Buddhist Monks do it because they sit for hours I can only do it for 15 minutes before falling asleep lol

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This reminds me of meditation titles on YouTube. I started meditation for stress and some of the titles say "connecting with your higher self.". But like you said who knows? Maybe Buddhist Monks do it because they sit for hours I can only do it for 15 minutes before falling asleep lol

You know how people say why would a loving God allow bad things to happen? Maybe it's not really happening but we just think it is?

I mean, we are God's greatest creation, right? He prolly wouldn't want that for His Children. But if we are to learn to be just like Jesus who is the life, might just want to teach us about death and disobedience before we learn about life, real life in Eternity? Who knows what God has in store for us. That's a slippery slope though because of Genesis 3.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟197,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol. Yeah.
The Bible says even now we are seated with Christ in heavenly places...right? So in a way, it could be true. If I am really relaxing with Jesus in heaven but all of my senses tell me that I am in a material world, then I could be doing an Avatar type thing and not even be able to tell it.

How would you know? You can't prove that the simulation is not real.
I can't prove that it is, lol. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe Chuck is wrong? I guess we'll find out for sure when we get to go to heaven.
Less sci-fi is the answer here, I think. Less sci-fi and YouTube.

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont know what the fish is about lol, but this guys video came up on my feed and he talks about all of this. Even what quantum mechanics has to do with the simulation. Enjoy...

I've seen other videos about living in a simulation. When I read about the rapture I always wondered how Jesus could receive us in a twinkling of an eye. Maybe he clicks the save button and transfers us with his mark to him. Peace

Upvote 0

joillian

Dec 4, 2023
So Cal
✟7,913.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I know nothing about the theory put forth in the video. I did however, come across an article in sciam a couple decades or so ago on the subject of "A holographic universe." This does not appear to be the same article, but is an interesting read.

In my opinion the most important three nexūs are Many Worlds Theory (lots of movies over 10 years and most dismal), intelligent design, and spatial hypergraphs - Finally We May Have a Path to the Fundamental Theory of Physics… and It’s Beautiful—Stephen Wolfram Writings

All of them are God/Christ beautiful.

Upvote 0