USA
✟306,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Because you say so ......... we will wait for your presentation to refute the above by Chuck Missler.
Maybe Chuck Missler should come here and defend the claim because he's the only one who did any work. (He prepared and gave a 30 minute talk as depicted in the video.) The OPer did nothing but link a video. I give their claim as much effort in response as it deserves.

(I skimmed the video and it is not much about electric simulations. Those only constitute a few minutes of the half-hour talk. The rest is other sorts of pseudoscience and bible talk.)

The simulations shown in the title frame of the YT video are:

1. Not simulations of the Universe, but alleged simulations of galaxies.
2. Have the wrong geometry for galaxies (the simulations are an infinite length 2D cylinder, galaxies are thin)
3. Even if they had the right geometry, the properties of the spiral blobs and actual galaxies do not match
4. They don't even *look* that much like galaxies beyond the superficial presence of two spiral arms in the final image
5. The precursor states in these simulations of the two merging plasmoids do not match anything found in space and we have lots of images of galaxies in various stages of collision.

It's not quite an infinite regress of wrongness, but it is a deep layer of failures.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Knock on the table in front of you. Sound solid? Feel solid? Prolly even looks solid.

Now think about in science class and looking at a illustration of an atom. It has a nucleus and an electron orbits around it, remember? We used to think that it was the smallest particle but more modern science tells us different. The atoms are microscopic, and the ratio of size relative to each other (electron and nuleus) is a great distance. If you made an enlarged atom to scale the size would make the distances even more absurd. There is more empty space in an atom than there is matter.

So the able you just knocked on has more empty space in it than it does matter. It's more not solid than it is solid. Yet we perceive it as solid. This points direvtly toward digital imaging. We live in the Matrix.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
5 to 1 you didn't even watch the video where he explains it!
I am aware of the various claims put for by the electric universe nutters and Parratt is one of their heroes for the "simulation" depicted in this video. There is really nothing see again as I've seen it all before.

Are *YOU* going to make a case for it, or will you just depend on a short segment in some old (Promise Keepers event, smh) video?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,232.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So the able you just knocked on has more empty space in it than it does matter. It's more not solid than it is solid. Yet we perceive it as solid. This points direvtly toward digital imaging. We live in the Matrix.
Ignoring why things don't pass through other things why do you think our reality exists (where things don't pass through things) for us instead of a reality where things do pass through each other?

If the 'real' reality is an existence where things do go through each other why go to the trouble of creating an alien reality (ours)? What's the end game?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ignoring why things don't pass through other things why do you think our reality exists (where things don't pass through things) for us instead of a reality where things do pass through each other?

If the 'real' reality is an existence where things do go through each other why go to the trouble of creating an alien reality (ours)? What's the end game?

It would be better for you to ask God what His purposes were. I can't quite grasp the priginal reason but I think He turned it into a school to teach His children how to love during adversity. Some things just can't be taught without experience and suffering.

All I know is what I see and what I can't see in the unseen portion of our world (the larger portion!)

Idk if you are a christian, but scripture says that even now we are seated in heavenly places with the Lord. How can that be possible if we are here? Well it was the Matrix movie that gave us the clue.

You ever see a movie called. The Thirteenth Floor? That movie is along the same lines. Good movie too!

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,232.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
but scripture says that even now we are seated in heavenly places with the Lord. How can that be possible if we are here?
It can easily be: if Scripture is incorrect.

• Haha
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It can easily be: if Scripture is incorrect.

That's a good one. But it also ponts to the possibility that we are there in a simulation that seems real to us and we think we are here.. It would be rnough if God was wanting to give us an exercise in free will.

You don't have to believe it, that's up to you. But the truth is stranger than fiction so I'm not ruling anything out. If you think scripture is wrong, then surely you have an alternate explanation of what that verse means, we are seated in Heavenly places...??

We probably signed up for this class or at least agreed to it because that's how the Lord is. He doesn't force anything on anyone.

Maybe it's not called the Matrix in heaven? Maybe it's called, the womb?

Well, scripture says He knew us before we were in the omb.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟280,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's already been proven now that we live in an electrial smulatton.

What a load of complete utter drivel and yes I wasted 30+ minutes of my life watching this rubbish.
Creationists should stick to the Bible and not embarrass themselves in using science and pseudoscience to justify the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟316,232.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If you think scripture is wrong, then surely you have an alternate explanation of what that verse means,
I don’t think the verse means anything. I think it’s only a Bronze Age tale.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What a load of complete utter drivel and yes I wasted 30+ minutes of my life watching this rubbish.
Creationists should stick to the Bible and not embarrass themselves in using science and pseudoscience to justify the Bible.

Wow man, I bet you don't even like science fiction movies!

What if I told you that The Mariix is not science fiction?

It's a documentary.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟306,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Wow man, I bet you don't even like science fiction movies!
Wow indeed "man". Distaste for pseudoscience (of which this video is replete) does not preclude one from enjoying sci fi. (In fact I am watching Star Trek right now.)
What if I told you that The Mariix is not science fiction?

It's a documentary.
The people who made it are clear that it is fiction. (That and the fact that it depicts things that are not part of our reality, so it should be really obvious that it is fiction.)

Upvote 0