Apr 27, 2004
Arizona
✟10,229.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Republican
AngelusSax said:
Hallelujah! Maybe I can have my weekly average hereitc-accusation go from 3 a week down to 2 or 1 now. (Though I don't really think I am one, but oh well)...

This'll be fun and sweet!

LOL! I know what you mean! I am such a hypocritical heretic!

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
AngelusSax said:
Hallelujah! Maybe I can have my weekly average hereitc-accusation go from 3 a week down to 2 or 1 now. (Though I don't really think I am one, but oh well)...

Sorry Angelus, the rest of us will just have to pick up the slack! ;)

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Wretched Sinner/Belovèd Child of God/Church Nerd
Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟29,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Woohoo! And Angelus, come on, you know that won't happen ;) You may not seem to see it as much, but they'll probably say it anyway.

But, this feels like a good thing here. We can discuss things like open communion and ordiation of women without too many people being mean! Yay!

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

RedneckAnglican

Once again...the Outsyder...
Feb 5, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
✟20,899.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AngelusSax said:

I knew you were going to spout some sort of heresy...you...you ...ELCA person you...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JADVirginia

Nov 19, 2004
✟199.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Sure, I will like this, but is it really a good idea? I mean we could go to LutherLink on the ELCA website if we just wanted to talk to ourselves.

And why are we described as "liberal?" Why not "welcoming," which is the phrase the ELCA seems to embrace these days. Or "Bigger-by-far-than-any-other-Lutheran-Organization-In-North America." Or "The-Church-In-Accord-With-65 Million-Other-Lutherans-In-the-World."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KagomeShuko

Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟29,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
JADVirginia said:
Sure, I will like this, but is it really a good idea? I mean we could go to LutherLink on the ELCA website if we just wanted to talk to ourselves.

And why are we described as "liberal?" Why not "welcoming," which is the phrase the ELCA seems to embrace these days. Or "Bigger-by-far-than-any-other-Lutheran-Organization-In-North America." Or "The-Church-In-Accord-With-65 Million-Other-Lutherans-In-the-World."

We (members or mods) didn't name the threads. One is simply conservative, the other liberal. Think of the mess it would cause if we said OTHER things - the flaming that would occur.

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

JADVirginia

Nov 19, 2004
✟199.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Well, in Christian forums in general, "liberal" is a bad word, so I don't think it should be part of the description of the subforum. And yes, I am a Democrat!

I will say that I do like discussing stuff with the others. Their different perspectives are enlightening and thought provoking.

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟29,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
JADVirginia said:
Well, in Christian forums in general, "liberal" is a bad word, so I don't think it should be part of the description of the subforum. And yes, I am a Democrat!

I will say that I do like discussing stuff with the others. Their different perspectives are enlightening and thought provoking.

I think the names were just taken from the suggestion of these subfora being made. . we had the "more conservative" and the "more liberal."

What would we call the other forum if we were to change the name of this one? I can't think of anything that would be acceptible to put for each of them.

It seems among the Lutherans and those in TCCL, we know the meanings of the words conservative and liberal when it comes to the Lutheran branches.

Maybe I'm completely wrong. . .but. . .just from my experience.

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

JADVirginia

Nov 19, 2004
✟199.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
KagomeShuko said:
I think the names were just taken from the suggestion of these subfora being made. . we had the "more conservative" and the "more liberal."

What would we call the other forum if we were to change the name of this one? I can't think of anything that would be acceptible to put for each of them.

It seems among the Lutherans and those in TCCL, we know the meanings of the words conservative and liberal when it comes to the Lutheran branches.

Maybe I'm completely wrong. . .but. . .just from my experience.

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Yes, you may be right, and I recognize that the short hand of L or C is convenient.

Let me ask why we need to even have descriptions, or if we have them, why they need to be opposites? Maybe they see themselves as "Traditional." Perhaps we should look to phrases from the ELCA website for clues about our own description. For example, right at the top of the site,it says, "Living in God's Amazing Grace." So how about describing us as "Lutherans Living in God's Amazing Grace, welcoming all."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.