WI
✟142,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The bloody forum snowflakes don't help...
Agreed. The people that deny the scientific achievements of Voyager do not help at all. Honestly, I thought Christians here would be appreciative of the space probes, as they reveal how tiny we are in a vast universe created by an amazing God. Sadly, it seems that some folks want to make it look like we live in a glass bubble a few thousand miles across, and that God can not build a billions of years old cathedral of space stretching for > 93 billion light years in diameter with trillions of stars. Some Christians just want to cram God and His creation into a tiny box. :(

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟261,847.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. The people that deny the scientific achievements of Voyager do not help at all. Honestly, I thought Christians here would be appreciative of the space probes, as they reveal how tiny we are in a vast universe created by an amazing God. Sadly, it seems that some folks want to make it look like we live in a glass bubble a few thousand miles across, and that God can not build a billions of years old cathedral of space stretching for > 93 billion light years in diameter with trillions of stars. Some Christians just want to cram God and His creation into a tiny box. :(
Ah, no. I wasn't being derogative of the more sensitive members of the forum. I meant the snowflakes that float across the screen when you open up the forum. A feature set up by the forum meisters who I guess wanted to give the place a Xmas feel.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sadly, it seems that some folks want to make it look like we live in a glass bubble a few thousand miles across, and that God can not build a billions of years old cathedral of space stretching for > 93 billion light years in diameter with trillions of stars.

God created the universe, then stretched it out.

Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟944,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Ah, no. I wasn't being derogative of the more sensitive members of the forum. I meant the snowflakes that float across the screen when you open up the forum. A feature set up by the forum meisters who I guess wanted to give the place a Xmas feel.
I believe there is a setting that lets you turn these effects off. So, until you explained yourself, I had no idea that this effect was ... erm, um ... in effect.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟142,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God created the universe, then stretched it out.

Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
Yep, exactly as scientists say. The Bible and the universe's expansion are 100% compatible. Scientists are just trying to figure out the rate God is stretching the universe.

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟142,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ooh. You could have used more context bro. Thought you were talking about the flat-earthers who get triggered by any posts about outer space. You can turn off the winter theme in the settings menu. Context is key man, snowflake sadly has two definitions now.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Scientists are just trying to figure out the rate God is stretching the universe.

A very few are.

Bible-believing scientists certainly would.

The rest of the scientists don't realize the universe's edges were STRETCHED -- not EXPANDED.

There's a difference.

And in order to stretch it, it has to be done from outside of its boundaries.

Something academia can't figure out.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟142,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A very few are.

Bible-believing scientists certainly would.

The rest of the scientists don't realize the universe's edges were STRETCHED -- not EXPANDED.

There's a difference.

And in order to stretch it, it has to be done from outside of its boundaries.

Something academia can't figure out.
Well, this is no place to have a debate about terminology/differences between expand and stretch, but the expanding universe sounds exactly as Isaiah put it. Bible-believing scientists are the ones that I trust the most. Academia would probably never figure out why the universe is expanding, or say "dark energy" is the cause of the universe's expansion, but it has to be God.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, this is no place to have a debate about terminology/differences between expand and stretch, but the expanding universe sounds exactly as Isaiah put it.

I agree.

But if an astronomer doesn't know the different between "expand" and "stretch," he needs to get in line with the zoologists who don't know the difference between "fly" and "glide."

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟142,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree.

But if an astronomer doesn't know the different between "expand" and "stretch," he needs to get in line with the zoologists who don't know the difference between "fly" and "glide."
Maybe. But I will end it here. God bless, and Merry Christmas.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Initially designed to last five years, the Voyager probes are the two longest-operating spacecraft in history.
They've managed to keep them working and useful for an incredibly long time. They don't owe us anything, having performed beyond expectations for years on end.

Kudos to the NASA engineers who designed them.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,469.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have no idea why a person would want to chisel earth into the picture when it's right there for the taking.

I feel like I'm playing "Where's Waldo?" I think I can find one of the moons, but that's it, and I'm not even sure about that one.
So dont play.

Upvote 0