Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the verse of the day. Perfect timing since I've been thinking about what it means to surrender to God's will in my own life lately. And that means still showing that He is Lord of my life even when things aren't going so well instead of turning away from Him....
WOW this is soooooo true in my life as well...Still showing makes all the difference in my life!!
.... do not conform to the pattern of this behavior modification world, ... but be transformed by adopting a mind that is completely new to the mindset of the world .
Yes for me too, its all about throwing off the world, putting on the mind of Christ!!! AMEN both of you!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: sisbarn70
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The psalmist said that all men are liars. We are fed a constant stream of propaganda and lies through all mediums except the Bible. What are not lies are often the opinions of natural minded people who do not think spiritually. In Superman comics there is Bizarro World, where everyone is backwards except Superman. As Christians we live in Bizarro world where everyone is blind except the followers of Christ. Renewing the mind comes from meditating on the Scriptures and understanding them through the Spirit. I would also add that there are many godly men who contribute to the renewal of our minds in specific arenas such as Creation Science. In every science experiment there is a control to measure the experiment by. The Bible and the Holy Spirit are our controls by which we measure all that we see and hear in the world. We compare everything to them.

Upvote 0

Don Darling

Jun 13, 2015
Michigan
✟15,159.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Remember the author who encouraged fellow Christians, "Let this mind be in you that was in Christ..."and,
"No man hath known the mind of God, but we have the mind of Christ", or "Bless Me Father, that they may know that I am in Thee, as they are in Me, and We are One" , or "..I will put My Spirit in them, and they shall be my people, and they shall know that I Am their God"........so powerful, all encompassing, when you can go thru your workday with the same heart full of joy and wonderment I experience when in communion with my Lord!

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Too many people look to what everyone ELSE thinks the Bible means. Mom said something to me last night, that really hit home.

What we're seeing these days is a mirror of what was going on in the days of Jesus's Earthly Ministry, the days of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Instead of people preaching the law and shackling everybody to the Torah, today we have people picking apart the Bible and what it says, trying to apply their own (flawed) reasoning to its words, saying that it means this or it means that, and before you know it, you have several denominations arguing about things like Calvinism vs Arminianism, Post/Pre/Mid-Trib, etc etc when what we should be doing, is focusing on worshipping Him and allowing the Holy Spirit which indwells us to reveal the meaning of His word to us, instead of believing what other men say.

Everyone wants to be on the "right" side, but the fact of the matter is that there is only one "right" side, and that is simply His side. I've always seen these debates as being fruitless; they cause schisms and divides within the Church, they cause Brothers and Sisters to argue amongst each other, when we should be loving one another as His 2nd Commandment to us.

This verse strikes that point right to the heart; if we turn away from the world and its teachings and embrace Him, He will tell us what His word means, and what His will for us is. Everything else is pointless to debate; we should be more concerned with doing His will, and bringing Him glory through obedience to His will.

Well said, Xailith!

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Remember the author who encouraged fellow Christians, "Let this mind be in you that was in Christ..."and,
"No man hath known the mind of God, but we have the mind of Christ", or "Bless Me Father, that they may know that I am in Thee, as they are in Me, and We are One" , or "..I will put My Spirit in them, and they shall be my people, and they shall know that I Am their God"........so powerful, all encompassing, when you can go thru your workday with the same heart full of joy and wonderment I experience when in communion with my Lord!
YES!!!

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

The "renewing of your mind" could be seen as the foundation of modern cognitive psychotherapy. So many of life's situations can be reframed by changing the way we think about them. Learning to challenge negative thinking has helped many people overcome mental problems such as depression & anxiety.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,279,908.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The "renewing of your mind" could be seen as the foundation of modern cognitive psychotherapy. So many of life's situations can be reframed by changing the way we think about them. Learning to challenge negative thinking has helped many people overcome mental problems such as depression & anxiety.

I love how God's word is so practical in every day life.

Upvote 0

jugghead

Growing
May 25, 2015
Smyrna, TN
✟24,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dream Killer

Have you ever had trouble always seem to hunt you out the second you try to enjoy any phase of your life. It almost seems like Murphy’s Law. The second you start to get a glimpse of a little hope at the end of the tunnel, you can bet your bottom “penny” not dollar at this point, in my interpretation, God will send the devil after you to keep you in check and under his thumb. I know that a lot of people go by the belief that God is always out for their good, but I have been “alive”, I am not going to say that I have been “living”, because this does not constitute to “really living” on this earth the way life should be. Without fail, I can go the entire year through with struggle on top of struggle, and the second I fight against it, to have better, to try and live better, here comes God, with either, some stupid sickness, some financial trouble, some personal people drama, or just crap that can only come from him. I know everybody wants to blame the devil, but if God is supposed to be all powerful, and the devil can’t live in the same sentence as God, then obviously the devil works for God against anyone that even attempts to enjoy life on this earth. God has let me down personally so much this year, it has just become expected. I went through years of trying to believe, all to have God playing with my emotions again and again. It almost didn’t matter what I was trying to believe God for, he never came through for me.

Now let me set the record straight. I am not saying God can’t or couldn’t do great things. I just believe that God has a personal vendetta out to screw me over as much as he can. It is exactly as one child sensing that God favors one over the other on a consistent basis. I know this is not the first time that I have written memoirs like this before. I really do think that God listens to the devil more than he ever would me. Sometimes enough is just enough. Every time I think my faith in Him might be coming back, he lets me down again and again. I don’t even think God can remember how many times he has let me down personally. I feel for everybody else that has been trying to believe in Him. It doesn’t make any sense. His word says one thing about Him, but we never get to that point that we can trust him for what he has said. How can we tell children trust and believe in God’s principles and beliefs and he doesn’t even back us when we try to live like you have stated, and you make us and half the people that I have run across that say you are all that. To no avail, what is the point. In the last year I have seen you let people die, that profess you as God, I have watch you kill people that say you are God, I have watch junk after junk happen that should not have happen in the earth, but for God it must be all Good. I have no clue why was I even born. I know God is infinite and time has no bearing on Him. But, why would you want to keep playing the same game with different personnel throughout the ages. Moses had questions, Job had questions, I am sure Isaiah had questions, why do you put us through crap and we never see you be the God you say you are on our side, at least once would be… If Simeon, asked to see proof, what about me. I know you don’t like me, but at this point God, I don’t even care anymore. You, God, have wasted so much of my life, what’s the point. There is so much more I would like to say, but you wouldn’t understand anyway, so as I said before, what’s the point. God I know you want to keep me in fear. You can keep your fear, I don’t want it. If that’s how you want to control me, go find somebody else to humiliate. I’m not up for being your shame toy, when I don’t do everything that pleases you. I think over time I have finally figured it out. If you don’t get what you want, you make sure nobody else can without you. God you call us selfish, but what about you? You let injustice continually run rampant. God, you let people create laws that you know are not right. Maybe you are the one inspiring people to write these laws so they help you keep us under your control. Maybe it’s not the devil, maybe it’s just God.

If you believe a lie to be true, even the Truth becomes a lie to you

In other words, if you believe God is your adversary, God will look like Satan to you and that is because: you are an adversary to God if you believe He is your adversary

Renew your mind and stop believing He is the cause of all your problems .... it is the sin in man that causes all problems (strife) between men .... and ..... it is the sin in man that causes strife between men and God

And please, do not think that I am accusing you of being Satan, I am merely stating a truth that I have come to understand, please do not turn me into an adversary also

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I agree and how we think about something determines how we feel which is directly connected with our day to day motivation and strength. Bless the Lord oh my soul is more powerful than we can ever imagine. Its key to overcoming road blocks in life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Renew your mind and stop believing He is the cause of all your problems .... it is the sin in man that causes all problems (strife) between men .... and ..... it is the sin in man that causes strife between men and God
And I would like to add to this great comment, that it is the pattern of this world to move us in a direction to cause us to blame God and thus move away from Him.....We can open our eyes and see this pattern is becoming more prevalent in today's world....I would say when we see any signs or patterns that suggest God is the enemy, that we can smile and reject that thought process as just the world trying to push and pull us off the path God has us on. Smile because we can see it and the minute we see it we are free to move past it and move forward with God. What Joy it can be in our soul to have our minds renewed like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: jugghead
Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The mind,

Starting and ending point in reason. What do we choose to reason with people or God ? The verse Rom 12:2 has us to deal with in our individual negativities well ingrained by the world that eventually turn to belief in a mind and can be reinforced in love.

I know I am ____ . < put a negative there and reinforce it with World. World is so complex because world is people, situations, things etc separate from our mind . It gets more complex in self investure in love of the list just mentioned that reinforce negativity to belief for we love the list firstly and if momma believes , I must too for she said, I am ____ or they are ____ put negatives in the blanks. The avenues to negativity are many and easy to follow and or believe to self and easier still of another person, group or church that are constantly reinforced by the who & what we believe in before God. Momma, friends and their beliefs are ours = Like mindedness that further = Conformed, correct? For some, people come first in love, before God in the hierarchy of the mind and in sincere ignorance are blind to it for it is wrapped in love (or Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.). Subtle is the world to lead astray (as xA said one that is chosen can in sincere ignorance be led astray ) the transformation.

Transformation is major shift of hierarchy of "first love" in the mind where reason begins and ends as God first even to these Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Terminology is strong in the word hate where the hierarchy shift begins in what do we listen too, believe in, take advise from? God or the above people including self that instilled negativity and or confusion to being 1 Cor:14:33? We do not literally hate anyone, they are just secondary to Gods love & council to reshape the mind and rejoice in truth. There is no negativity to me or you in love as our conscious. Did not God say in the beginning this is good? Thanks for the share where God speaks to me too in these posts .

Upvote 0

bloodbought09

Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
united states
✟10,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The world, through new age, promises a type of transformation but we are told to be transformed by the renewing of our minds through hearing and doing it. We are to be obedient but the world, the sons of disobedience do it by their own worldly means. Rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. This verse has also been in my spirit lately and speaks of true and counterfeit renewing.

Upvote 0

Thattheatrekid

Jun 14, 2015
New England, United States
✟7,611.00
Marital Status
Single
This is a really powerful verse to me, especially since I'm probably younger than a lot of you, there's always so much pressure to fit in with the ways of the world. It really encourages me to know that I will be able to test and approve God's will

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums